Hannebury - Indefinite

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Newman
Club Player

Hannebury - Indefinite

Hannebury .... now indefinite. (Sigh) Here we go again! Now 5 indefinites and 5 season over on our list. I knew as soon as they start using words like 'resting' or 'managing' it's more sinister. It's like when McCartin went off this year - they said just a 'precaution'. You can't help always think the worst outcome.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hannebury - Indefinite

can we get a refund ?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Thank god Lethlean got him cheap. Would be interested to know which way his contract is loaded. We may have paid 1.6mill for this year.

Newman
Club Player

Looking at Geelong's injury list .... NO player indefinite NO player out for season. Even Richmond has only one player out for season - Rance. When you have 10 on your list unlikely to play for reast of season ... no wonder we are battling to win more games.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Oh, f***...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bowey Boy
Club Player

See ya next year....maybe.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 11:26am Thank god Lethlean got him cheap. Would be interested to know which way his contract is loaded. We may have paid 1.6mill for this year.
Cheap ?
Surely you're joking.

$800,000 a year for four years = 3.2 million for a broken down, injury riddled player way past his prime.
St.kilda also forfeited their 2nd round draft selection position in this years draft which is likely to be pick 20, 21, or 22.
THIS IS NOT CHEAP, particularly for a player who is only going to play two games this year.
I predicted Hannebery would play six games at best this year before breaking down on the day they recruited him.

It was clearly obvious to anyone with a clue that Dan Hannebery was cooked after two very ordinary and injury riddled years.
I was hoping the club/Lethlean would not be so stupid when I first heard they were interested.

Simon Lethlean's decision making is shoddy at best.
The fact that he cheated on his wife is evidence of his poor decision making and is the only reason the club has him in this position at the St.kilda football club in a role he has never held before. Shipped off to St.kilda as a dumping ground to resurrect his corporate career and now the football club has to endure this foolish incompetence and his flawed decision making.

He offered 1.4 million for Dylan Shiel which would have cost the club pick four and Max King.
The only thing that saved him from making another huge mistake was Dylan Shiel rejecting St.kilda's/ Lethlean's offer.

This year Hannebery has cost the club $400,000 for each game he has played.
And you write "Thank god Lethlean got him cheap" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Then there is the matter of Lethlean being good mates with Hannebery's father.

Given Lethlean is good mates with Brad Scott he should not be on the selection committee for the next coach.
Given his decisions on Hannebery and Shiel he should not be on the selection committee of anything to do with this football club.
Both Lethlean and Finnis should be shown the door right now just like Alan Richardson was.

Both of these AFL snake oil salesmen have made horrendous decisions affecting the forward trajectory of the football club.

Is it any wonder the St.kilda football club is looked upon as a basket case when it's had buffoon's calling the shots for almost it's entire history.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Newman wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 12:00pm Looking at Geelong's injury list .... NO player indefinite NO player out for season. Even Richmond has only one player out for season - Rance. When you have 10 on your list unlikely to play for reast of season ... no wonder we are battling to win more games.
What grinds me is we selected 2 players with long term injury and in free agency chased a guy on 1 leg....what club has signed 3 players all unlikely to play for at least 12 months?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 12:23pm
Ghost Like wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 11:26am Thank god Lethlean got him cheap. Would be interested to know which way his contract is loaded. We may have paid 1.6mill for this year.
Cheap ?
Surely you're joking.

$800,000 a year for four years = 3.2 million for a broken down, injury riddled player way past his prime.
St.kilda also forfeited their 2nd round draft selection position in this years draft which is likely to be pick 20, 21, or 22.
THIS IS NOT CHEAP, particularly for a player who is only going to play two games this year.
I predicted Hannebery would play six games at best this year before breaking down on the day they recruited him.

It was clearly obvious to anyone with a clue that Dan Hannebery was cooked after two very ordinary and injury riddled years.
I was hoping the club/Lethlean would not be so stupid when I first heard they were interested.

The fact that he cheated on his wife is evidence of his poor decision making and is the only reason the club has him in this position at the St.kilda football club in a role he has never held before. Shipped off to St.kilda as a dumping ground to resurrect his corporate career and now the football club has to endure this foolish incompetence and his flawed decision making.

He offered 1.4 million for Dylan Shiel which would have cost the club pick four and Max King.
The only thing that saved him from making another huge mistake was Dylan Shiel rejecting St.kilda's/ Lethlean's offer.

And you write "Thank god Lethlean got him cheap" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Given Lethlean is good mates with Brad Scott he should not be on the selection committee for the next coach.
Given his decisions on Hannebery and Shiel he should not be on the selection committee of anything to do with this football club.
Both Lethlean and Finnis should be shown the door right now just like Alan Richardson was.

Both of these AFL snake oil salesmen have made horrendous decisions affecting the forward trajectory of the football club.

Is it any wonder the St.kilda football club is looked upon as a basket case when it's had buffoon's calling the shots for almost it's entire history.
Sounds reasonable. :)

:(

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Storm in a teacup.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

He'll be right. Not worth risking this year if not a 100%. Pointless and stupid. Fact is, we need a champion of the game with leadership skills for our young list. When he gets fully right, he is a class above the rest.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Cheap ?
Surely you're joking.

Understand your angst. However, I think everyone's assuming Hannebery will get fully paid if he doesn't play.

I doubt it. I'm sure there are mechanisms in his contract that allow for long term injury or him not playing games.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Correct LL. No one has a clue what his contract and terms are.

And I thought Barret was bad in his hysteria. This joint takes the cake.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 1:00pm He'll be right. Not worth risking this year if not a 100%. Pointless and stupid. Fact is, we need a champion of the game with leadership skills for our young list. When he gets fully right, he is a class above the rest.
Wasn’t ‘when’ meant to be round 1 this year? 🤔

Pointless and stupid indeed.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Geez, players get injured and miss games for different reasons. E.g. Carlisle, Roberton, Steven, Paddy this year

Surprise surprise Governers!!!

Total = 1.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 1:00pm
Cheap ?
Surely you're joking.

Understand your angst. However, I think everyone's assuming Hannebery will get fully paid if he doesn't play.

I doubt it. I'm sure there are mechanisms in his contract that allow for long term injury or him not playing games.
I highly doubt there are any clauses other than a fifth year is not triggered if he does not play a certain amount of games.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 1:04pm Geez, players get injured and miss games for different reasons. E.g. Carlisle, Roberton, Steven, Paddy this year

Surprise surprise Governers!!!
He didn’t ‘get’ injured, he was already injured when we offered him $4M.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

He did most of the pre-season basically. How did he do that if he was injured and play in the last Swans final? Did he play on 1 leg in that final?

Total = 1.
portosaint
Club Player

Cheap ?
Surely you're joking.

I'm thinking there was a fair amount of sarcasm in that post

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 1:17pm He did most of the pre-season basically. How did he do that if he was injured and play in the last Swans final? Did he play on 1 leg in that final?
He’s been battling the same chronic injuries the last few years, he’s said this, we’ve said this, everybody knows this.

Surely you see the red flags popping up everywhere with this Ted?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

portosaint wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 1:25pm
Cheap ?
Surely you're joking.

You'd be wrong in your thinking then on this occasion.
Which bits did you incorrectly assume to be laced with sarcasm?

outside66
Club Player

I'm fed up with this bloke. Shocking decision to recruit him.

portosaint
Club Player

barks4eva wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 1:35pm
Cheap ?
Surely you're joking.

The post from Ghost Like. I could be wrong, but I think you took it the wrong way. Don't get your knickers in a knot 👍🏼

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

portosaint wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 1:44pm
barks4eva wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 1:35pm
Cheap ?
Surely you're joking.

The post from Ghost Like. I could be wrong, but I think you took it the wrong way.
OK, I thought you were referring to my post.
I have read that line of " At least he came cheaply" trotted out on here by quite a few posters which is totally ridiculous.

Aside from the money, there is the giving up of the second round selection position to Sydney which is potentially pick 20, 21 or 22 in this years draft, which is a part of the Hannebery deal.

There was no need for any shrewd negotiator to give up anything to Sydney as they were no doubt ecstatic that another club was going to free up their salary cap space for a player who had just had two very ordinary injury riddled years and was obviously cooked and way past his prime.
It defies logic that a club could be that stupid and St.kilda thanks to Lethlean was the only club interested in recruiting his mates son Dan Hannebery.

Lethlean should not be allowed to have any input into the next coaching position.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 1:02pm Correct LL. No one has a clue what his contract and terms are.

And I thought Barret was bad in his hysteria. This joint takes the cake.
yes there are some real tossers here..............