Barracking for and against St Kilda this week.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Barracking for and against St Kilda this week.

...how do you partition your brain
During the game our hearts will automatically urge the Saints forward. Every Bruce mark, and the opposition appeals for a push, we’ll boo. Every time Membrey takes a set shot, we’ll be holding our breath praying for him to kick straight...

...and yet we want a new start. We are exhausted and emotionally drained, even by our own St Kilda fan standard, and so we want it done...

But do we wish for a scorched earth? No of course...(not?) so I think I have to just live in the moment ...as always, with a giant stone in our shoes, pinching us at every step.

How do you get your mind around it? Wanting us to win and lose?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Barracking for and against St Kilda this week.

Yeah, it’s at the point now where I don’t really want to go to the footy anymore and for the first time, seriously considering pulling the pin on 3 memberships for next year. Exhausted and emotionally drained really sums up how I feel about the club at the moment.

The phoney ‘PR’ responses you get these days from player or coach just annoy me even more.... loses all meaning when you hear the same bulls**t message 57 times only to see the exact same s**t the following week.... Over and over and over and over and over again. Sigh.... just drained.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 12:35pm Yeah, it’s at the point now where I don’t really want to go to the footy anymore and for the first time, seriously considering pulling the pin on 3 memberships for next year. Exhausted and emotionally drained really sums up how I feel about the club at the moment.

The phoney ‘PR’ responses you get these days from player or coach just annoy me even more.... loses all meaning when you hear the same bulls**t message 57 times only to see the exact same s**t the following week.... Over and over and over and over and over again. Sigh.... just drained.
I think you should articulate your thoughts to the club. At least let them know they have f***ed up. The more ppl do this the better.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

magnifisaint wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 12:37pm
prwilkinson wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 12:35pm Yeah, it’s at the point now where I don’t really want to go to the footy anymore and for the first time, seriously considering pulling the pin on 3 memberships for next year. Exhausted and emotionally drained really sums up how I feel about the club at the moment.

I think you should articulate your thoughts to the club. At least let them know they have f***ed up. The more ppl do this the better.
I can grasp the level of injuries that have really hurt 2019.... but it’s deeper than that... the structures to succeed aren’t there. They were FINALLY setting up properly across the ground in the first 4 rounds this year which would make the team more competitive every week but, as the years gone by they’ve moved more and more away from those structures.

I mean.... this coach has been there for 6 years and they still can’t really get the structures right. Don’t get me started on the standard of field kicking or goal kicking either. Neither are even VFL level.

Urgh... I dunno....I’m just saying what I see... and it’s now at the point where I get no enjoyment out of watching footy anymore and could spend my hard earned and weekends doing something different.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 12:20pm ...how do you partition your brain
During the game our hearts will automatically urge the Saints forward. Every Bruce mark, and the opposition appeals for a push, we’ll boo. Every time Membrey takes a set shot, we’ll be holding our breath praying for him to kick straight...

...and yet we want a new start. We are exhausted and emotionally drained, even by our own St Kilda fan standard, and so we want it done...

But do we wish for a scorched earth? No of course...(not?) so I think I have to just live in the moment ...as always, with a giant stone in our shoes, pinching us at every step.

How do you get your mind around it? Wanting us to win and lose?
This is an excellent post (In my humble opinion) The OP articulates perfectly just how many of us are feeling at the moment. I want St Kilda to WIN!!! I have to try and stay focused on what the St Kilda Footy Club means to me, and I have to say it goes WAY beyond just "results" ........... it this wasn't so I'd have given it away YEARS ago. I've been a paid up member for 19 straight years, and have seen a share of highs and lows.... but have NEVER witnessed such a state of torpor surrounding the club and its supporters. I've now come to the realisation that at age 74 I will never see the Saints win a premiership, its just NOT going to happen in the years I have left...... I accept it, and barrack for the club in spite of this. I'm never going to want to see us lose a game in order to see a coach fired.... it goes against every reason why I go to the game. For what it's worth, my opinion is that the club should tell Richardson NOW that he is not going to be Senior Coach going forward, but that we will pay his salary and honour his contract. The club should let him have the opportunity to resign and make way for Brett Ratten to step in as caretaker coach. I may be WAY off the mark, but believe that Alan Richardson would , if given this choice, walk away from the position. With just seven rounds left to play there is NO way we're heading within a bulls roar of "September action". Time to be decisive and fair to all concerned.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
longtimesaint
Club Player

You people obviously didn't support the Saints in the early eighties when we won four wooden spoons in a row.
Not only that but one year we lost 4 in a row by over 100 points.
We seem to have more bad times than most clubs but Carlton supporters are finding the good times hard to remember.
The club needs its members and supporters now and I am optimistic it will turn for the better.

One year will be our year
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Richo's fate is decided.....short of an 11 game winning streak which culminates in a flag, he's gone.

So might as well get behind the boys (cause most of them will still be around next year) and give these Geelong pricks a touch up.

Save the spleen venting and moaning for during the week

B.M
Saintsational Legend

I support the Saints no matter what, but have no problem questioning at the same time.

If they backed AR for next season, I’d be challenging that call, but I’d still support the footy club and players wearing the jumper. I barrack for the club, not the coach or players.

In the past I’ve obviously been a vocal and divisive supporter
I’ve openly challenged the recruiting, and not after they turned out to be failures but at the time of recruitment (and been howled down, even ridiculed)
I was scathing on the trading for that wife basher (again copped it!)
During our GF stretch I criticised Lyon for not developing Armo, Stanley, Steven and Lynch (copped it some more)
I lost it when the walked from Tassie - but apparently because we couldn’t win there, it was the right move, so we could get more wins at our comfy indoor stadium. And greedy supporters had more access to games, never mind the thousands of Tassie supporters getting to see there heroes a few times a year! And maybe repaying a bit of a debt of gratitude considering Baldock, Stewart and Lawrence etc are greats of the footy club from there.

And of course there was the Pelican. Everyone was seduced by this snake, but not me! As soon as he started offloading the fabric of our footy club for his plan, I knew he was bad news. Lyon hated him, and eventually the footy dept cottoned on that he was full of it!

So, I what I’m saying is, even though I disagree with many things STK, and am willing to challenge decisions made, I will support this club on field no matter what!
And of course, that is like all of us! So I’d be surprised if anyone would be wanting us to lose?!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 1:04pm Richo's fate is decided.....short of an 11 game winning streak which culminates in a flag, he's gone.

So might as well get behind the boys (cause most of them will still be around next year) and give these Geelong pricks a touch up.

Save the spleen venting and moaning for during the week
Well said. Can’t barrack against the Saints

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Richo walking out the door as soon as possible is what I’m barracking for, so whatever leads to that.

He could make it easier on everyone and fall in his sword, it just didn’t work out, no shame in that.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Crossy66
Club Player

Next year is sorted. I want a 10 goal win and want some FA's to get excited.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

I will always barrack for a Saints win. Every game. Every round. Every year. I will barrack for them Sat night.

To do otherwise is...well, you should just stop supporting the club and give it up. Its weak as piss in my books. Most of all, don't dare jump back on that bandwagon when we make the finals again.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
AuckSaint
Club Player

I don't care if it's Richo, ScoMo or even Elmo....I'm barracking for the Saints 100% this week. Like every other week

1 of the 10,000 NZ Saints members
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

AuckSaint wrote: Thu 11 Jul 2019 4:14pm I don't care if it's Richo, ScoMo or even Elmo....I'm barracking for the Saints 100% this week. Like every other week
Well said!

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Special
Club Player

If a hiding means the media and fan pressure is so great then a way is worked out to axe Richo next Monday then that is my desired option.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

For me part of the problem is we are boring to watch.
'Annoyingly boring' as Malcolm Blight once said.
I feel that our club administration aren't getting it.
Bruce kicking 6 goals last week was great, but what do we look forward to this week? Another game over by quarter time? Half time?
I really felt good at the beginning of the season hoping we were on our way back, and fully empathize with the fact that no matter who we are we simply can't be expected to compete if we have over a third of our list unavailable - especially when it is the talented third.
What really bugs me is that the club went all out to recruit players who they had reason to believe could not play this season, combined with the fact that they must have known that there were several injury questions over some of our big name regular players before Christmas thereby making it extremely unlikely that those players would be available for much of season 2019, which in turn really impacts on our, that is the members', enjoyment of football again this year after an extremely disappointing 2018.
To add insult to injury there are unsubstantiated rumors in the press that we are chasing a ruckman from another club who has never played at AFL senior level, is a relative newcomer to footy and has injured his ACL. I hope this rumour is false. I would like the club to come out and quash these rumors.
After the email we all got last year from the president about our performances, and then statements at the end of the season about how our performances on the field were going to take priority as our core business, I was absolutely dismayed by the shambolic preparation for the China match. Are we just playing there to help Port Adelaide keep their initiative going, and at our expense? Or are we just there for a junket for the AFL executives? I mean, what is it in aid of?
And then we are off to Far North Queensland to play the Gold Coast Suns? Why?!?
I hope we win this week, but I highly doubt we will. In fact I think it will be a massacre.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I never want to see us lose....but I certainly don't look forward to watching them play atm..can't remember being like this.
More embarrassment this weekend...I'll watch for as long as I can...as you would watching a horror movie.

Bitterly disappointed with the people that run the club.

as Jiggster said they have severely cut the chances of me seeing a GF Cup in my lifetime.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Its gunna be C O O O O O O O O L D down at the Cattery on Saturday :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

What is the actual difference between AR going Monday, after R18 or at the end of the year

We ain’t playing finals, we ain’t contending, we ain’t any good

We actually are the aints at the moment!

Do you think if Ratten was in charge, we’d win this weekend? Cmon!

Question
Have we lost any games where we’ve started as Favourites this season??

B.M
Saintsational Legend

BTW

My preference is for Brett to coach the last month of the season

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Just win

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
DJ Higgins
Club Player

I always support the team but there is a difference between that and supporting individuals both players and staff.
I hope we play our best footy each week but that is not the case now or for the last few years. Sonething has to give and fair us fair. Richo hasn't delivered not even close. No finals in how long now and not looking likely anytime soon.
But richo isn't a quitter which is a great quality and will fight to the end. Unfortunately that will delay his departure until August. I expwct ratten to caretake for the remainder of the year then it's anyone's guess

stevie
Saintsational Legend

If we are gonna lose then take out some of the farking Geebung pricks!! Hurt the flogs

saintadamski
Club Player

Hypothetical....IF we get absolutely caned this week by 100 points, and Richo gets the sack...

Does anyone actually think that we will all of a sudden turn around, and begin winning games??

I've said this till I'm blue in the face....It doesn't matter who coaches this list - they will have come under the same pressure as Richo, as they are defeated week in and week out.

This list needs a clean out.

I do believe we need a new coach - but unless we replace
Newnes
Savage
Sinclair
Armitage
Ross
Brown
etc etc etc, We will languish at the bottom for many years to come.

realdeal
Club Player

We're going to the Storm game this week..

I actually watched the 2007 member dvd the other day to remind me of happier times when we were actually skillful AND entertaining.