JB to stay a Saint

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

JB to stay a Saint

Seems pretty emphatic to me. 👍👍👍

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Re: JB to stay a Saint

Doesnt discount this future statement:

As much as I wanted to stay at St Kilda, we were unable to agree on fair terms given the offers from other clubs.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

So he hasn’t signed.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

So he is staying a Saint if he doesn't go somewhere else?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Special
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 3:45pm Doesnt discount this future statement:

As much as I wanted to stay at St Kilda, we were unable to agree on fair terms given the offers from other clubs.
His Dad is fully behind St Kilda now no longer Essendon, so the go back to Essendon factor at least isn’t there anymore

Special
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 3:41pm

Seems pretty emphatic to me. 👍👍👍
Hey love, it’s “St. Kilda” as JB said it not “Saint Kilda”

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

BackFromUSA wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 3:45pm Doesnt discount this future statement:

yep I saw the interview - the twitter post is being overly positive
never said he wanted to leave but never said he was staying either
A sly smile on his face as he said - its in the hands of my manager

Seeya
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

...you mean

"yeah but nah, ummmmm ahhhh, as much as i ummmmmm wanted to stay at ummmmm Saint kilda, we were ummmmm un ummmm able to agree to ummmmm fair ummmm terms given the offer from ahhhhh ummmmm other clubs, yeah nah"

Look again it's the Flash!!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

'The club is positive, the direction is pleasing, and my manager is strong in that space,
and if we just park the Senior coach's last 5.5 years, I think the club is a finals contender'

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Special wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 5:18pm

His Dad is fully behind St Kilda now no longer Essendon, so the go back to Essendon factor at least isn’t there anymore
Source?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

From afl.com

"Free agents: Jack Newnes (restricted), David Armitage, Jarryn Geary (unrestricted)

Whispers: Captain Jarryn Geary had a trigger for next season, and although injuries have ruined his year, he will stay at the Saints in 2020. Similarly, Jake Carlisle has a trigger for next year, but back surgery wiped out his first half of 2019. St Kilda is keeping in touch with Newnes' management, with the wingman's form having tailed off after a hot start. The Saints are looking at North Melbourne's Todd Goldstein and Port Adelaide's Paddy Ryder as big men who could help out. Billy Longer and Lewis Pierce are struggling with concussion but were on the outer anyway, so there could be turnover in that part of the club's list. The Saints have been happy with Jonathon Marsh since he was picked up in the Supplemental Selection Period, so he will stay on. Experienced defender Nathan Brown could be in his final season, and it's probably also the final year for Armitage, but the strong form of Shane Savage will be rewarded. Negotiations are at a relatively advanced stage.

Re-signing priority: Billings has become a gun midfielder and is set to be rewarded as such, with a two-year deal coming his way. That will take him through to free agency. - Dinny Navaratnam

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Billings singed until end of 2021 according to Saints website.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
shrodes
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 8:06pm Billings singed until end of 2021 according to Saints website.
Let's hope he's okay :D

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:
SaintPav wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 8:06pm Billings singed until end of 2021 according to Saints website.
It worked out alright for Brad Hardie.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 8:51pm
Gold

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 8:55pm
shrodes wrote:
It worked out alright for Brad Hardie.
And Garry Dempsey

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 6:13pm From afl.com

"Free agents: Jack Newnes (restricted), David Armitage, Jarryn Geary (unrestricted)

Whispers: Captain Jarryn Geary had a trigger for next season, and although injuries have ruined his year, he will stay at the Saints in 2020. Similarly, Jake Carlisle has a trigger for next year, but back surgery wiped out his first half of 2019. St Kilda is keeping in touch with Newnes' management, with the wingman's form having tailed off after a hot start. The Saints are looking at North Melbourne's Todd Goldstein and Port Adelaide's Paddy Ryder as big men who could help out. Billy Longer and Lewis Pierce are struggling with concussion but were on the outer anyway, so there could be turnover in that part of the club's list. The Saints have been happy with Jonathon Marsh since he was picked up in the Supplemental Selection Period, so he will stay on. Experienced defender Nathan Brown could be in his final season, and it's probably also the final year for Armitage, but the strong form of Shane Savage will be rewarded. Negotiations are at a relatively advanced stage.

Re-signing priority: Billings has become a gun midfielder and is set to be rewarded as such, with a two-year deal coming his way. That will take him through to free agency. - Dinny Navaratnam
Where did Special get his info from. That's what I meant..unless he was just havin a lend...anyhow doesn't matter now that the news is official
Special wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 5:18pm

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote: Thu 20 Jun 2019 8:51pm
Sounds like our players must have been burning
dwarves again..... ;)

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Told you so. 😄

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

For the benefit of the doubters, haters and all-round pains in the butt - the latest from Glen McFarlane at the Herald Sun:

Jack Billings re-signs with St Kilda until the end of 2021
St Kilda now has two of its brightest young stars locked away with new contracts after Jack Billings joined Jade Gresham in re-signing with the club. Billings reveals why he never considered leaving and his hopes for the future.

St Kilda’s midfield star Jack Billings has revealed his close connection with teammates and a desire to help the Saints chase that elusive second flag drove his decision to recommit to the club for the next two seasons.

Fresh from his best-afield performance in the last week’s come-from-behind victory over Gold Coast, Billings has locked into the club until the end of the 2021 season — in a strong validation of the Saints’ future direction.

“I’m obviously excited to get it done,” Billings told the Herald Sun. “I always wanted to stay at the club; I love this place.”

“I am a loyal person. We’ve got a great group here.

“Personally, I am just hoping I can play a part in winning the club’s second premiership. “That’s obviously the focus as the list we have got coming through is really exciting.

“I’m pumped. I just love so many of the young boys coming through, and hopefully we can build towards something special.”

The news comes as a massive boost for the Saints ahead of Saturday’s important clash with Brisbane Lions at Marvel Stadium, along with the inclusions of Jake Carlisle and Dan Hannebery.

It means two of the Saints’ most dynamic players — Billings and Jade Gresham — are now locked away until the end of the 2021 and 2023 seasons respectively.

Despite significant interest from rival AFL clubs, Billings said he never had any intentions of leaving Moorabbin.

He remains just as emphatic that the Saints can build on what has been a tough season from an injury situation.

“I’ve got a massive thrill out of watching some of the guys step up this year. It’s been really exciting, not just for the future, but also now.”

Billings kicked two team-lifting goals in the final term against the Suns, including the major that turned out to be the matchwinner, easing the external pressure on the club.

He had 33 disposals in the game, one fewer than his career-best effort against Hawthorn in Round 4.

St Kilda list manager James Gallagher said Billings’ faith in the club was further proof that “we’re building something really special.”

“Jack represents a key part of the nucleus of younger players that we feel will be the drivers of the next successful on-field period for the St Kilda Football Club,” Gallagher said.

“We’ve seen Jack step up his leadership capacity this year, which he has taken in his stride, and we believe he’ll only grow into that further as he matures.”

“We’ve had some obstacles this year, but that’s footy,” he said. “You build resilience from those experiences and if anything, it is going to gell the group together and make us even closer, which is what you need to be as a successful team.

So there! :D

Saint supporter since '62