Breaking News from Shanghai: Not good news

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Breaking News from Shanghai: Not good news

MMM Melbourne just announced that up to 6 players have been feeling unwell after dinner last night.

Apparently the club is flying out extra players today!!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Breaking News from Shanghai: Not good news

Scollop wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 3:59pm MMM Melbourne just announced that up to 6 players have been feeling unwell after dinner last night.

Apparently the club is flying out extra players today!!
And let me guess; our players?
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Billings, Savage, + 1 other struck down with illness plus .... Richo. Hind and Paton being flown over at 11pm tonight as cover ... fvck me. Only St Kilda.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

LOL

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:06pm LOL
?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

We were joking about how bad the local food was yesterday. Apparently they went out for dumplings last night. Should have stuck with the hotel food....

Oh well. Game over already. :? :? :?

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Amateur hour IF this is even half way true.
You would think, wouldn't you, that if you were trying to build your brand and put on a good show that you wouldn't let your talent eat anywhere they liked, in China no less, less than 48 hours out from an important game.
I lived in Asia for years and have spent a lot of time since then working in Asia, and only a half wit would allow athletes to just eat anywhere less than 48 hours before a game.
IF what has been reported is even mostly true heads should roll. No, make that heads MUST roll.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:16pm, edited 2 times in total.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

About 12 years ago, Olympic cyclist Michael Rogers (an Aussie) was pinged for PED in his urine or blood sample.
During, or just after, a big international race in Beijing.
Of course, his defence of "something I ate" didn't fly, because you should find out what's in your food.
Took a year to get his suspension overturned.

We have all heard of Chinese ppl here buying truckloads of baby formula to ship to China, because the Chinese stuff is compromised. Their food standards are apparently not policed vigorously, understandable when you see the size of their population.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Who's going to step in for Richo? He's gone down, too

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

The replacements have been "Shanghai-ed"
Like when drunk sailors were grabbed at a pub in a port, to be taken on board a ship
as crew, when they couldn't consent

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:12pm About 12 years ago, Olympic cyclist Michael Rogers (an Aussie) was pinged for PED in his urine or blood sample.
Of course, his defence of "something I ate" didn't fly, because you should find out what's in your food.

We have all heard of Chinese ppl here buying truckloads of baby formula to ship to China, because the Chinese stuff is compromised. Their food standards are apparently not policed vigorously, understandable when you see the size of their population.
Absolutely spot on Wellard Saint. Out of all of the stupid things I have heard of, IF this is true, this takes the cake.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sat 01 Jun 2019 5:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Of course, it may be that they've all gone down with this virus...

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:11pm Amateur hour IF this is even half way true.
You would think, wouldn't you, that if you were trying to build your brand and put on a good show that you wouldn't let your talent eat anywhere they liked, in China no less, less than 48 hours out from an important game.
I lived in Asia for years and have spent a lot of time since then working in Asia, and only a half wit would allow athletes to just eat anywhere less than 48 hours before a game.
IF what has been reported is even mostly true heads should roll. No, make that heads MUST roll.
The only place I would happily eat street food in Asia is Singapore.
Never got ill, none of my friends have ever gotten ill when visiting that gorgeous island nation.
Other Asian countries, my golden rule is only hotel food, and bottled water, and bottled beer.
Last edited by WellardSaint on Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:15pm Of course, it may be that they've all gone down with this virus...
That is why I have prefaced all of my posts with 'IF'.
It may be that they have picked something up on a plane or something, anything is possible. But that is not what is being reported at this time.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:11pm Amateur hour if this is even half way true.
You would think, wouldn't you, that if you were trying to build your brand and put on a good show that you wouldn't let your talent eat anywhere they liked, in China no less, less than 24 hours out from an important game.
If this is even mostly true heads should roll. No, make that heads MUST roll.
Apparently Richo was there and is also feeling the affects, so you'd think he sanctioned it and supported them eating out.

This might mean we miss out on getting into finals. If the boys don't recover in time for next week and if we lose by a fair amount it wrecks any chance of a decent percentage. More importantly, let's hope all the players and anyone else involved don't suffer any lingering health concerns.

The headline when Richo gets the lemon and sars from the Saints could be something like; "The dumplings that cost Richo his job"
Last edited by Scollop on Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:18pm
freely wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:15pm Of course, it may be that they've all gone down with this virus...
That is why I have prefaced all of my posts with 'IF'.
It may be that they have picked something up on a plane or something, anything is possible. But that is not what is being reported at this time.
My limited knowledge of aircraft is that the interior is incredibly dry, dehumidified, and it's about 80% recirculated.
A small amount of fresh air is taken in through the jet engines (at the intake).
If some other passengers have gastro or some other bug, beware.
My housemate last year had gastro- it had gone around his office for a week at least.
Now, he is a clean freak, so he scrubbed the loo after use, he scrubbed the wash basin, and the taps, but bugger me, I got gastro the next morning.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:21pm
samuraisaint wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:11pm Amateur hour if this is even half way true.
You would think, wouldn't you, that if you were trying to build your brand and put on a good show that you wouldn't let your talent eat anywhere they liked, in China no less, less than 24 hours out from an important game.
If this is even mostly true heads should roll. No, make that heads MUST roll.
Apparently Richo was there and is also feeling the affects, so you'd think he sanctioned it and supported them eating out.

This might mean we miss out on getting into finals. If the boys don't recover in time for next week and if we lose by a fair amount it wrecks any chance of a decent percentage. More importantly, let's hope all the players and anyone else involved don't suffer any lingering health concerns.

The headline when Richo gets the lemon and sars from the Saints could be something like; "The dumplings that cost Richo his job"
We have a bye next week.

This is a disgrace!!!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Last year, Koby Stevens lost 7 kgs (maybe more) during pre-season.
It was dodgy prawns or something.
I recall Richo joking about how Kobes was banned from eating seafood.
Bugger me dead.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:14pm
WellardSaint wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:12pm About 12 years ago, Olympic cyclist Michael Rogers (an Aussie) was pinged for PED in his urine or blood sample.

Absolutely spot on Wellard Saint. Out of all of the stupid things I have heard of, IF this is true, sackings must follow!
Of the Chef?

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Food poisoning, unless severe, only lasts 24 hours. As long as they're hydrated & well nourished after that, I reckon they'll be fine.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:36pm Food poisoning, unless severe, only lasts 24 hours. As long as they're hydrated & well nourished after that, I reckon they'll be fine.
Dinny Navaratnam has tweeted that DMac, Savage, and Billings are 50/50
so Paton and Hind are on the jet.
Saints say it's unlikely those 2 "will take the field"
implying that the 3 lads might recover in time, and the 2 newbies are just insurance in case the other 3
"have the runs on the board" :shock:

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:36pm Food poisoning, unless severe, only lasts 24 hours. As long as they're hydrated & well nourished after that, I reckon they'll be fine.
OK, all good. I hope you're right. Is that why they're sending over other players then?

IF this story is true as is being reported that the players went out to a strange restaurant in a strange city, in a different country in Asia, where stomach bugs are prevalent and anything can be put in your food, less than 48 hours before a very important match in terms of season defining and marketing of the club on the international stage, it was very poor decision making.

takeaway
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Sat 01 Jun 2019 4:47pm
OK, all good. I hope you're right. Is that why they're sending over other players then?

IF this story is true as is being reported that the players went out to a strange restaurant in a strange city, in a different country in Asia, where stomach bugs are prevalent and anything can be put in your food, less than 48 hours before a very important match in terms of season defining and marketing of the club on the international stage, it was very poor decision making.
Apparently none of those affected ate outside the hotel.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Pure speculation on cause until actual cause is established.

Viruses sweep through clubs regularly.

If food related this would be amateur hour personified, surely there is no chance it’s food, surely!!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.