Fortius Quo Nepotismo?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ss1986
Club Player

Fortius Quo Nepotismo?

Jon Ralph: “As we know, Brad Scott is close mates with Simon Lethlean and could be on his way to the Saints”.

(McLachlan) - Finnis, Lethlean, Hannebery, B.Scott.

That’d be quite a feat to extract A$2m+ a year from this club for chronic underperformers.

No wonder they’ll never see a dime of my money.

If this happens... I’m out once and for all.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fortius Quo Nepotismo?

ss1986 wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 10:27pm Jon Ralph: “As we know, Brad Scott is close mates with Simon Lethlean and could be on his way to the Saints”.

That’d be quite a feat to extract A$2m+ a year from this club for chronic underperformers.

If they’ll never see a dime ($0.10 cents if you are Aussie) of your money, what will you actually be removing when you are out once and for all?

- Your contribution to on line forums?
- Your bid to form a new Board?
- Your bitching & moaning?

What exactly will the club be missing out on?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

ss1986 wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 10:27pm Jon Ralph: “As we know, Brad Scott is close mates with Simon Lethlean and could be on his way to the Saints”.

Ok. See you later after 2019. 👋

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
ss1986
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 11:22pm

If they’ll never see a dime ($0.10 cents if you are Aussie) of your money, what will you actually be removing when you are out once and for all?

I’ll be taking my conscience and be able to sleep at night the day they nail boards onto the doors and send us to Tasmania - knowing that at least I wasn’t a pushover, willing to sit by and watch our club be robbed of its heart, soul and money.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Sounds like a good Hollywood flick. 🙄

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 12:13am

I’ll be taking my conscience and be able to sleep at night the day they nail boards onto the doors and send us to Tasmania - knowing that at least I wasn’t a pushover, willing to sit by and watch our club be robbed of its heart, soul and money.
So you're not a member, and don't support anything that the club is doing...

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
ss1986
Club Player

satchmo wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 12:28am

100% accurate. I will never directly facilitate this current administration. You people have a warped perception that unless you are a member, you aren’t a “real” supporter. a) It’s offensive to those that economically can’t and b) I watch on TV, which is the primary revenue driver for the club no doubt. So I contribute indirectly.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

ss1986 wrote:

So you’ll sit by and watch our club move to Tasmania knowing you would never sit by and watch our club move to Tasmania?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Josh Battle
Club Player

Here's a couple of quotes to choose from if you'd like to add them as your signature on the forum. Many thanks to the authors for their passionate contributions, which this frustrated supporter (moi) fully supports:
Yorkeys wrote: Thu 27 Sep 2018 9:14am The mistake I have made in getting frustrated/angry is to assume the club's primary purpose was to win AFL games. That is clearly not true. Poor analogy but just as politics has become for the pollies and parties and not the citizens the St. KFC has become a sinecure for the senior staff not particularly concerned with the members interests/preference for a side that can occasionally play finals - notwithstanding occasional emails saying they feel our pain (BS)... Even if AR was sacked I don't think the current management could get a good replacement if he/she fell onto their morning chai. I have to find some other interest during the footy season to ease my despair. How are the Storm going?
Teflon wrote: Thu 27 Sep 2018 8:35am Just deplorable. Club is being held to ransom by a muppet
33% win record, 5 years , told us all it was a “finals bound list”... now all the players fault
Gets a 2 year extension...
Only at St Kilda

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 12:46am
ss1986 wrote:

So you’ll sit by and watch our club move to Tasmania knowing you would never sit by and watch our club move to Tasmania?

Lol

Total = 1.
ss1986
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 12:46am
ss1986 wrote:

Something like that. This forum has proven to me that we are more than comfortable sitting by as a collective supporter base - demand nothing, yield nothing.

Heartless, gutless, stand-for-nothing, irrelevant football club. That is what we have become, whether you accept it or not.

I cant accept it, I cant stomach it, and I cant stomach those who idly, blindly support the AFL plants who have taken over our club, raped it, pillaged it, and turned it into a shell.

If you think we are going somewhere.... you are kidding yourselves. Not one club in the comp would trade their playing group or club administration for ours.

Not a single one. And THAT is an indictment on everyone associated with this club - starting with people on this forum.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Heartless, gutless, stand-for-nothing, irrelevant football club
Based on something that's hasn't happened from a source of Jon Ralph who is rarely right?

ss1986
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 1:14am
Heartless, gutless, stand-for-nothing, irrelevant football club
Based on something that's hasn't happened from a source of Jon Ralph who is rarely right?
No - whether Ralphy is right or not, it doesnt change the above.

Deadset over it. 121 of 122 years being utter sh*t. And more importantly, we’ve learnt nothing from recent history and people here just sit by, happy in fairy land.

IF Brad Scott waltzes in to coach this club, after being nothing more than mediocre at best at North fking Melbourne, that would be a final nail in the coffin that this club’s soul already lays dead in.

Josh Battle
Club Player

I rate Brett Ratten and always have. I rate him even more after he served time under Clarko. I'd rather Brett.

I don't rate Brad Scott, although I agree that he is miles ahead of Richo. I think there'd be people at the club who were probably negative on Brad many years ago and now all of a sudden positive on him. Reeks of desperation to me.

What is also ironic is that there are people who were probably super negative on Ratten when he was being talked about as taking over from Watters in 2013, but last year when the club was desperate to justify their commitment to Richo, I reckon some of them did a 180 degree and were all of a sudden positive that Ratten was on board.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83829&p=1414382&hil ... n#p1414382

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Club has to come out today and make a clear statement.

Special
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 6:04am Club has to come out today and make a clear statement.
Newnes to take over from Richo peacefully at the end of the 2019 season.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Brad Scott is bloody putrid.. that would be the end for me too.. would still support, but more your fairwrather supporter who doesn’t give as much of a s***..

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Hey, I'm one of the biggest cry babies when it comes to losing. I hate on half the coaches, the board, I even think the janitor is a lazy bastard ( no reflection on the proud Bastard Union 101) .
I'm so critical and sh1tty right now my attitude weighs more than I do.

BUT.... I buy memberships for my whole family, my asshole neighbor and his 2 sons, even that damnation of a feline Smokey ( may you rot in hell with your incessant scratching on my door at 3am) because SAINTERS.

I donate a decent amount, albeit not as grand as years gone by, No overt cudos please I do it only for your secret adulation.

I get it. Be sh1tty, cry all day, judge the crap out of everyone.
But please support the club, if you did I wouldn't have to buy half my damn street memberships.

Let your passion show where it counts, your wallet. No matter what, SAINTS.

HighettMan
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 12:34am

100% accurate. I will never directly facilitate this current administration. You people have a warped perception that unless you are a member, you aren’t a “real” supporter. a) It’s offensive to those that economically can’t and b) I watch on TV, which is the primary revenue driver for the club no doubt. So I contribute indirectly.
I don't normally use emojis but in this case I think it will be the only way I can indirectly express how this post made me feel:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
HighettMan
Club Player

By the way does the green smiley emoji mean you fell on the floor and rolled around laughing hysterically until you lost control of your bladder?

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
ss1986
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 9:57am

I don't normally use emojis but in this case I think it will be the only way I can indirectly express how this post made me feel:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Perhaps its the emoji for someone constipated on their own bulls***. New name, same condescending ass-hat.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Can't see this happening. Just media smoke.

Even if it did, who cares. We're not exactly flying with our current coach anyway.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Jusy say he won a premiership at the Saints. Would you come back?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
ss1986
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 11:42am

Jusy say he won a premiership at the Saints. Would you come back?
I think that the club's success needs to be viewed holistically - a premiership would of course represent the holy grail - but I want to see our club administered successfully, adhering to good governance practices, making quality decisions, and setting us up for SUSTAINED success.

Recent decision making processes demonstrate anything but.

And I'd challenge anyone to tell me otherwise. I'll never stop supporting anyone wanting the best for the club - not themselves.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

"I will never directly facilitate this current administration"

What on earth does this sentence mean?