Ins/Outs V Blues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stkfc1
Club Player

Ins/Outs V Blues

For mine Newnes, Dmac for White and Hind
They just dont do enough.
We cant have Dunstan Ross and Steele in the middle at the same time. We have to het games into Clark.until he comes good or look at other alternatives. (Acres other than a crap 2nd ruck!?). Id even be open the Members in the middle, Joyce back and Battle goes forward. Also would like Savage given a run through there at times.

Ross needs a foot up the arse but we cant afford to drop him. Gresh in the same boat. He's dinking his own bathwater at the minute. Too often trying to add to his highlights reel instead of doing the team thing. Parker is still too inconsistent and trying to do too much fancy crap ala Gresh. He'll be a player though.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Re: Ins/Outs V Blues

Out: Newnes, Parker and DMac

In: Clark, Hind White

silverhalo
Club Player

Bit early for this..... I'll let you know after the Sandy game tomorrow

Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

Dmac out please for white or hind

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

NO CHANGE

Richo can back in the same players next week against the Blues HOWEVER a change in positions IS REQUIRED!

Today we had Brown, Wilkie, Battle & Marsh as 4 "talls" in the back line which is too many.

Leave the other 3 where they are but play Battle forward along with Membrey and Bruce (not sure who goes down back though).

With 3 "tall" forwards then Bruce plays 2nd ruck and NOT Acres. Bruce also takes the forward 50 ruck contests (NOT Acres) if Marshall can't push up there.

Start Acres in the centre as ruck rover along with Gresh and one of Steele or Dunstan. Obviously Ross can rotate through with others but the starting mids should be the above most times.

I'm not holding my breath that we can beat Carlscum as they have been playing well but falling short (except for one thrashing).

What do you think Richo? A bit out of the box for you?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 12:22am NO CHANGE

Richo can back in the same players next week against the Blues HOWEVER a change in positions IS REQUIRED!

Today we had Brown, Wilkie, Battle & Marsh as 4 "talls" in the back line which is too many.

Leave the other 3 where they are but play Battle forward along with Membrey and Bruce (not sure who goes down back though).

With 3 "tall" forwards then Bruce plays 2nd ruck and NOT Acres. Bruce also takes the forward 50 ruck contests (NOT Acres) if Marshall can't push up there.

Start Acres in the centre as ruck rover along with Gresh and one of Steele or Dunstan. Obviously Ross can rotate through with others but the starting mids should be the above most times.

I'm not holding my breath that we can beat Carlscum as they have been playing well but falling short (except for one thrashing).

The coaching team is working hard for all Saints supporters

We'll review this game strongly and as always, we're in this together as a club

We're going to go to work and coach strongly like we always have

By the way, just hang on to your footy records. Not likely to be much change to positions or personnel

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Out.....richo

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Out.....richo

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Like the way you're thinking Jack, assume we'll have jack Steel running with Cripps.

Saintly66
Club Player

Would take King on one leg rather than Bruce don’t know what’s up with him.

spert
Saintsational Legend

If there was ever a coach of any sport is so unwilling to take a risk, change anything, or think out of the box, then it's Richo. After all these years of his coaching, it's biting us on the bum continually.

spert
Saintsational Legend

If there was ever a coach of any sport that is so unwilling to take a risk, change anything, or think out of the box, then it's Richo. After all these years of his coaching, it's biting us on the bum continually.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

First picked: Membrey; Young, Marsh, Wilkie, Marshall, Steele, Phillips, Sinclair, Savage, Billings, Acres, Battle, Paton, Parker, Bruce. Next tier Gresham, DMac, Ross, Dunstan (as long as he is not second receiver); then following on to make up numbers; what's the harm in Clarke, Hind, Joyce. That team should be better than 13th with a down arrow.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Carlton is an iceberg. Richo is at the helm of the Titanic not even willing to shuffle the deck chairs.

Bruce to be moved to CHB or to Sandy. Battle to CHF.

Hind in for Newnes - if Newnes is not going to show leadership and experience then I'll take some pace, tackling, pressure and hunger from Hind.

Clark is a must, hard to believe he, Marsh and Joyce were the scapegoats 3 weeks a go - it is imperative he gets AFL exposure, play him on the wing and through the middle.

Time to also allow White & or Coffield time and exposure at AFL level. Parker is getting close to being managed but believe he could light up Carlton.

Would drop Kent and McKenzie if Phillips is OK to take his place.

B: Wilkie Brown Savage
HB: Hind Bruce White
C: Clark Dunstan Billings
HF: Parker Battle Marsh
F: Young Membrey Gresham
R: Marshall Steele Ross (very lucky Steven is unavailable)
IC: Phillips (through wing) Coffield (through HB & Mid) Sinclair (through HF & mid) Acres (through Mid & HF)

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

In : Longer, Webster, Hind, White

Out : Newnes, Phillips, Parker, McKenzie

I actually think Newnes has been ok this year, but he has struggled to run out the last three games and is clearly playing injured. Needs a rest.

If Webster isn't fit to return, McKenzie stays in.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Pick the safest side possible to beat the vile supporter base that is Carlton. I don't care what we do after that, play a no gamer on the ball , Billy longer at full back, whatever, however we must not lose to Carlton, at all costs, all costs

Bring back the Lockett era
Shaggy
Club Player

spert wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 2:25pm

If there was ever a coach of any sport that is so unwilling to take a risk, change anything, or think out of the box, then it's Richo. After all these years of his coaching, it's biting us on the bum continually.
Battle played forward with Membrey and Bruce in the last quarter against Collingwood. It was not our best quarter.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

It is Indigenous Round.
Ben Long will come in for Kent. Long's sister and aunt designed our guernsey!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Shaggy
Club Player

I would select:

Ins - Clark & White
Out - Newnes & Parker

Move DMac to the wing & Sinclair to HFF

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I would bring longer in and try him and Marshall in the one team.
Clark and White should both get a go.

As to who goes out take your pick from Kent, Newnes, phillips, parker

#1 Ryder fan
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 1:20pm It is Indigenous Round.
Ben Long will come in for Kent. Long's sister and aunt designed our guernsey!
Seems like a terrific way to engender selection integrity. Might see if I can design next year's jumper myself so that I can get a game. For the record - I don't disagree with you - I'd just view this as a completely St Kilda way to go about things.

Go you red, black & white warriors
older saint
SS Life Member

Out: Newnes, Parker,
In: Clarke, Rice,

White could come in for Paton perhaps.

Like for likes as Rice has been playing forward.

Bruce to play 2nd ruck and Acres actually allowed to play a full game in positions that he is made for.

StPeter
Club Player

Paton in doubt because of injury according to Richo at a club function today.

He indicated replacement likely to come from Coffield, Hind or White.

guitars4
Club Player

In Clark, Coffield,White & Long, Out Newnes ,Phillips,Parker & maybe Paton if injured

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Webster?
If R. Marshall tired markedly Sat. then maybe play two rucks - if so in Longer. Newnes definitely out (integrity of selection, don't you know). I know you can't workshop this stuff but DMac forward Joyce half back interests me. Like others (but we differ on the detail) I can't help thinking moving some players around would improve team performance. I'd bet DMac would do better at HFF than Kent, no disrespect to DK. And Bruce at centre bounces, not rucking, to hurt a few (of the opposition). Yes the brainstorming of a desperate fan.