Zak Jones!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stonecold
SS Life Member

Zak Jones!!!!!

Saints showing interest in Zak Jones (again)!!!!!

According to AFL site, we are showing interest in signing Jones from Swans, as we did 2 seasons ago!!!!!

Worth a look IMO!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving πŸ“―πŸ“―πŸ“―πŸ“―πŸ“―
takeaway
Club Player

Re: Zak Jones!!!!!

stonecold wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:30pm Saints showing interest in Zak Jones (again)!!!!!

According to AFL site, we are showing interest in signing Jones from Swans, as we did 2 seasons ago!!!!!

Worth a look IMO!!!!!
Ted told us that a couple of weeks ago. Well done Ted!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Ted thought it was Parker or hinted it was from the Swans, but don't think he said exactly that.

If this comes off then all is forgiven Lethers. You have made some very good calls and even if the Hannebery deal bites us on the backside it might have been worth the risk IF it becomes the catalyst for good Swans players migrating to us or other player movement from other clubs

It's a big IF however, and I think the best driver of players coming to us in 2020 will be more wins on the board for this year

stonecold
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:39pm
stonecold wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:30pm Saints showing interest in Zak Jones (again)!!!!!

Worth a look IMO!!!!!
Correct, as I backed him up and was critised by some for supporting Ted, (by some who were uneducated enough to think that Ted and I were referring to Luke Parker)!!!!!

Thoughts now Corf and Scolly????? ;)

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:40pm Ted thought it was Parker or hinted it was from the Swans, but don't think he said exactly that.

If this comes off then all is forgiven Lethers. You have made some very good calls and even if the Hannebery deal bites us on the backside it might have been worth the risk IF it becomes the catalyst for good Swans players migrating to us or other player movement from other clubs

It's a big IF however, and I think the best driver of players coming to us in 2020 will be more wins on the board for this year
I never thought it was Parker, I can't speak for Ted(you have chosen to I see), however I always new it was Jones, as I stated 2 years ago, we nearly got him then!!!!!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

LOL...Saints make a play for someone we made a play for previously...SCOOP!

Too bad his contract doesn't end mid-year, we could do with him after the bye. :D

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teddies scoop was a about a big fish apparently. Zak is a very good player but I wouldn't put him in that class. Ted also said don't be surprised if we bag another AA A-grader. Didn't know that Zakky had already made an AA team

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

No thanks. We've got enough players who turn the ball over on a regular basis.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 1:02pm Teddies scoop was a about a big fish apparently. Zak is a very good player but I wouldn't put him in that class. Ted also said don't be surprised if we bag another AA A-grader. Didn't know that Zakky had already made an AA team
Well at least Teddy wasn't sitting on the fence making hindsight calls was he!!!!! ;)

What's to say, we won't still bag another AA squad member?????

Some of you guys come up with the conclusion that it had to be Parker!!!!!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

How has all this crap over the last few years about landing a big fish worked out for St Kilda? Please just STOP. Here's a better idea. Tell the player managers who want to talk to us that IF ANY word of trade talk with the Saints comes out or ANY monetary details of contract terms comes out in the media then the deal is OFF. Put it in writing to them if you have to

stonecold
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 1:19pm How has all this crap over the last few years about landing a big fish worked out for St Kilda? Please just STOP. Here's a better idea. Tell the player managers who want to talk to us that IF ANY word of trade talk with the Saints comes out or ANY monetary details of contract terms comes out in the media then the deal is OFF. Put it in writing to them if you have to
Not sure what world you live in, but, that is not how the footy world rolls!!!!! :roll:

shrodes
SS Life Member

Never liked Jones, always seemed like a thug to me.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 1:29pm
Scollop wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 1:19pm How has all this crap over the last few years about landing a big fish worked out for St Kilda? Please just STOP. Here's a better idea. Tell the player managers who want to talk to us that IF ANY word of trade talk with the Saints comes out or ANY monetary details of contract terms comes out in the media then the deal is OFF. Put it in writing to them if you have to
Not sure what world you live in, but, that is not how the footy world rolls!!!!! :roll:
I don't live in a world dominated by cliches and generalisations. Sure, there'll be deals leaked and some trades like the Danger to Geelong or the little master heading back home were obvious, but I love the way clubs like Hawks keep coming out of the blue with triumphs and surprises like Scully, Wingard, O'meara and of course you had the biggest fish of all which swam north from Hawk territory and jumped out of Botany Bay....but that biggest of catches didn't go as far west as nearly everyone in the footy world thought :roll: :roll: :wink:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 1:04pm No thanks. We've got enough players who turn the ball over on a regular basis.
Yeah tend to agree not the best kick

saynta
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:47pm
Scollop wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:40pm Ted thought it was Parker or hinted it was from the Swans, but don't think he said exactly that.

I never thought it was Parker, I can't speak for Ted(you have chosen to I see), however I always new it was Jones, as I stated 2 years ago, we nearly got him then!!!!!
Knew

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 1:31pm Never liked Jones, always seemed like a thug to me.
No, that's his brother.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:40pm If this comes off then all is forgiven Lethers. You have made some very good calls and even if the Hannebery deal bites us on the backside it might have been worth the risk IF it becomes the catalyst for good Swans players migrating to us or other player movement from other clubs
Lethers gets a big tick for me for his influence in reshaping our offield team.

His influence on the playing list side of things is still up for question though.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saynta wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 3:10pm
shrodes wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 1:31pm Never liked Jones, always seemed like a thug to me.
No, that's his brother.
yeah dont know - Nathan looks tough plays tough but is certainly not dirty
Both brothers have been suspended tho

Loved the bye play between the two on the weekend with older brother making Zak look silly a few times - and certainly gave him an elder loving brother gob full
All good fun as Zak was hosting his brother while in town.. figure the rubbing might go on for bit longer

Seeya
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Yep, when Ted wrote "Luke Parker anyone?", then edited his post to remove it.
Spot on Scollop, 100% correct!

Looks like we have another scoop from AFL website, great stuff.
Is there anything about Mav and the offer from North Melbourne? Still surprised he turned that one down :lol:

Zak Jones is a solid AFL player, would welcome him at the Saints.
We don't need to grab anymore fringe players like Kent or the list will be clogged with fringe dwellers in 2-3 years time.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational β€˜weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:43pm

Worth a look IMO!!!!!
Correct, as I backed him up and was critised by some for supporting Ted, (by some who were uneducated enough to think that Ted and I were referring to Luke Parker)!!!!!

No wrong stonecold, Ted even wrote Luke Parker anyone then edited his post.
Don't recall you writing Zak Jones until today either.

I do however recall some of the better ITK posts from you and Ted, like these beauties!!!!!
stonecold wrote: ↑Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:55pm North offered Mav $700 per year for 4 years!!!!!

Rumour only @ this stage!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote:
Billings gone for Essendon's 1st rounder. Done. Pick 9.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational β€˜weak as piss brigade’ President.
stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 5:34pm

Worth a look IMO!!!!!

I do however recall some of the better ITK posts from you and Ted, like these beauties!!!!!
stonecold wrote: ↑Wed 29 Aug 2018 11:55pm North offered Mav $700 per year for 4 years!!!!!

Read the flashing lights Corfe, you might finally get the joke after all this time, maybe, probably still won't get it though!!!!! ;) :x

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:11pm

Worth a look IMO!!!!!

Read the flashing lights Corfe, you might finally get the joke after all this time, maybe, probably still won't get it though!!!!! ;) :x
Never explain, never complain πŸ‘

stonecold
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:37pm
stonecold wrote: ↑Tue 16 Apr 2019 8:11pm

Worth a look IMO!!!!!

Never explain, never complain πŸ‘
Your standard answer for 'too hard'!!!!! πŸ˜‰

GilsAuPair
Club Player

Mt Eliza boy so has to be a serious possibility.
Also Sydney are starting a re-build so eh wont be playing finals there.

I do worry about why we are always so keen to go to the media so early?
Puts a lot of pressure on the player with his current team-mates unnecessarily. Not sure it is a terrific strategy

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Who am I.
80kg 181 cm. I am 23-years-old and my most damaging attributes are my pace and willingness to take the game on. I have used these strengths to advantage at half-back and in the midfield in past seasons, Brownlow votes 0, which is also a number that appears on my jumper, which features red and white.

Who am I.
71kgs 180cm. I am 24 years old and a damaging asset with incredible speed at the forefront of my game. I have unparalleled evasive skills, a knack for breaking through packs and a penetrating kick. I split time between defence and a wing. Brownlow votes 0, which is also a number that appears on my jumper, which feature red and white and black.

Clue - they are not twins.