Barrett, always the saints hater.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Barrett, always the saints hater.

https://www.afl.com.au/?ref=Net-Header2-AFL

Reckons the maggots robbed the hawks of a win with the free paid to Lonie late in the game. High pants agreed with the flog.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Barrett, always the saints hater.

saynta wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:27pm https://www.afl.com.au/?ref=Net-Header2-AFL

Reckons the maggots robbed the hawks of a win with the free paid to Lonie late in the game. High pants agreed with the flog.

Barrett isn't enjoying our start to the season he would have had hours of verbal diarrhea prepared to push for Richos sacking. Clear free and had to be paid. Hawkes were stiff as usually that type of free gets ignored our way.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saynta
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:36pm
saynta wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:27pm https://www.afl.com.au/?ref=Net-Header2-AFL

Barrett isn't enjoying our start to the season he would have had hours of verbal diarrhea prepared to push for Richos sacking. Clear free and had to be paid. Hawkes were stiff as usually that type of free gets ignored our way.
Very true mate.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand the comments on this site in regard to <insert official/ journalist/ ex-player/ commentator> hates the saints thus makes negative comments.

It was a contentious free kick and we were very lucky to get it and in the end it impacted the result.
media always highlight late frees that influence results.

We were also pretty lucky to get a goal from the Parker tackle as the Hawks player didn't look like he stepped off the mark (on TV) so I think we have a decent run.

Swings and roundabouts IMO.

Are all the commentators and journalists who commented on the non Collingwood blocking free kick in the GF last year that allowed Sheed to goal WCE haters?
Last edited by Joffa Burns on Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Crossy66
Club Player

I couldnt get over how the Hawks didnt get called for deliberate out of bounds on atleast 1/2 doz occasions

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:47pm I don't understand the comments on this site in regard to <insert official/ journalist/ ex-player/ commentator> hates the saints thus makes negative comments.

It was a contentious free kick and we were very lucky to get it and in the end it impacted the result.
Alternatively we should have got a very obviously deliberate out of bounds in the last 1/4.

Are all the commentators and journalists who commented on the non Collingwood blocking free kick in the GF last year that allowed Sheed to goal WCE haters?
Barrett is very bad him, Dermott King and Dwayne Russel are massive StKilda bashers.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Crossy66 wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:47pm I couldnt get over how the Hawks didnt get called for deliberate out of bounds on atleast 1/2 doz occasions
There was a shocker in the last 1/4, agreed.

What was your take on the Parker tackle that resulted in Acres goal?
Replay didn't look to me like he moved off his line, I think we got two goals from contentious frees :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

There was still over five minutes to go. Worst case the ball is still in our forward line. The reason the Hawks lost is they didn't score a goal from half way through the third quarter.

I thought the worst decision against us was the 50 against Brown. Yeah I reckon he went a metre over the mark but there was so much of that happening particularly by Hawthorn and they always just pulled it back or ignored it.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 3:10pm There was still over five minutes to go. Worst case the ball is still in our forward line. The reason the Hawks lost is they didn't score a goal from half way through the third quarter.

I thought the worst decision against us was the 50 against Brown. Yeah I reckon he went a metre over the mark but there was so much of that happening particularly by Hawthorn and they always just pulled it back or ignored it.
Yep. Gifted the hawks a goal. for the second time.
And there was nothing wrong with the Parker tackle as the guy moved half a metre off line and the maggot called play on.

saint64
Club Player

The umpire called play on before the Parker tackle, so no problem there. The biggest error was the non-call for the Hawks' deliberate out of bounds.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 3:10pm There was still over five minutes to go. Worst case the ball is still in our forward line. The reason the Hawks lost is they didn't score a goal from half way through the third quarter.

There could've been another quarter and Hawthorn still wouldn't have kicked another goal.

Clarkson's entire gameplan was to stop our run. Once we started running (when 4 goals down) we blew them out of the water and they had no answers.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

At the end of the day.

The guy is a flog and can go flower himself.

There...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 3:33pm At the end of the day.

The guy is a flog and can go flower himself.

There...
Well said.
The little knob tipped us for the spoon and has probably tipped against us every round, so his bottom is really hurting.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:47pm I don't understand the comments on this site in regard to <insert official/ journalist/ ex-player/ commentator> hates the saints thus makes negative comments.

media always highlight late frees that influence results.

We were also pretty lucky to get a goal from the Parker tackle as the Hawks player didn't look like he stepped off the mark (on TV) so I think we have a decent run.

Sicily pushed that Doggies player with only a few minutes to go,
he pushed him so softly, he wouldn't have bothered a grandma with a walker,
but Dogs got a free, and won the game.
Bobble heads were all over it, that's their job, to make big comments, otherwise their bosses get mad.
When there's a story, they fan the flames.
I don't have a problem, I just laugh at them.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Im not sure why this guy gets air time. He's not relevant.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:51pm

Alternatively we should have got a very obviously deliberate out of bounds in the last 1/4.

Barrett is very bad him, Dermott King and Dwayne Russel are massive StKilda bashers.
What about the umps Curly, don't forget the umpires :lol:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 4:49pm

How good is it to finally get one our way. Who remembers that night game v Collingwood when they pinned Milne 7 times including a free that was a mistake that cost the match winning goal.

StPeter
Club Player

I thought the Lonie free was most fortunate but against that 2 contentious decisions late in the second quarter cost us two goals. The dropped mark awarded to the Hawks resulting in a goal and the 50m penalty against Brown for being a few centimetres over the mark which seemed very technical. Also what's to say we wouldn't have scored another goal if Lonie wasn't awarded the free. There were still several minutes left to play and we dominated the play for most of the quarter.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

CURLY wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 4:55pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 4:49pm

How good is it to finally get one our way. Who remembers that night game v Collingwood when they pinned Milne 7 times including a free that was a mistake that cost the match winning goal.
:wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 4:55pm [

:wink: :D

Sanctorum
Club Player

I don't think there's any point in getting worked up over what the media pundits have to say, and to be fair, not many people, including supporters, would have had cause to predict that the 2019 Saints would be 3-1 after 4 rounds. The good thing is that the team has answered their critics in the only way that matters - on the field.

So be glad that we have been able to celebrate 3 wins already and with the way the players have committed to success this year, which we can now expect to result in quite a few more victories!!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

It was a very good decision (watch close up replay carefully). Usually in similar scenarios there is typically a ball up as the officiator is either not as skilful as the chap yesterday and/ or take the easy route, or it would go against us. But if a decision is surprisingly correct the surprise or unusual nature of it does not make it voidable. Commentators who claim a specific incident is responsible for a result are fools - there are so many fickle bounces, mishandles, chaos contests and value judgements. It is the cumulative effect that matters. Thank goodness they are not in a profession where intelligent objective analysis and facts based decisions are crucial. Of course they are no where near smart enough to actually be important in one of those.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 6:13pm It was a very good decision (watch close up replay carefully). Usually in similar scenarios there is typically a ball up as the officiator is either not as skilful as the chap yesterday and/ or take the easy route, or it would go against us. But if a decision is surprisingly correct the surprise or unusual nature of it does not make it voidable. Commentators who claim a specific incident is responsible for a result are fools - there are so many fickle bounces, mishandles, chaos contests and value judgements. It is the cumulative effect that matters. Thank goodness they are not in a profession where intelligent objective analysis and facts based decisions are crucial. Of course they are no where near smart enough to actually be important in one of those.

You got that right. Barrett is a fool. :D

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 15 Apr 2019 3:40pm When there's a story, they fan the flames.
They sure do, and I think some of them place advanced orders for kerosene.

I heard Barret telling one of them that Eddie Betts was looking cooked based on the goals he has scored last year - injured sometimes- and this year. The other guy, think it was Carey, pushed back on him and said the whole Adelaide team blows and the whole forward line is suffering. Still barret niggled for the story because he knows how to press the ‘right’ buttons. Edie kicked three anyway in a dismal Adelaide showing.

There’s no doubt the vultures have their radars on for cloudy skies over Moorabbin and if we start to suck badly in the dark months, they will need to feed their leafs. I think Terry’s Wallace was the first one to really get the daily vultures during the Richmond thing. Handled it with aplomb I think.

Saints are a good story club pretty much all this century but we have dried up as of late, and we get passes as blue collar battlers. It won’t last of course. From Blights sacking to Lyons escapee through school girl, Lovett, burning dwarves .. our media scandal sheet has somewhat dried up.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Cry me a river Barrett, you flog.

How many times have we been reamed over the years by the umps?

Anyone remember last year’s game against Hawthorn late in the year for instance.

What an asshole.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.