Simon (Lethlean) says...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Simon (Lethlean) says...

Recruit a player with a broken body, a penchant for <edited by mods> and make him a leader.

The club obliges.

Now, after one game into the season the club admits it was all a mistake. This is just embarrassing.

Will Hannebery ever play at all? The more the clubs gives vague updates on his condition, the more I suspect he never will.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/damian-bar ... f14ad07ada

And back to Simon: what does he really offer our club in the long-term? Because, as member, he has yet to gain my respect at all. Can someone please enlighten me? I just don't see this guy helping our situation at all. I mean, he came to us with an already tarnished reputation and it just seems like he is using St.K.F.C. as a stepping to redeem his career.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: Simon (Lethlean) says...

Why don't we focus on the multitude of positive things Simon Lethlean has done since being at the Saints.

Plus give Hannebery a damn break. It's becoming totally ridiculous to be honest. I'm behind Dan as a club member to come good. I'm backing the little warrior in.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 6:30pm Why don't we focus on the multitude of positive things Simon Lethlean has done since being at the Saints.

Plus give Hannebery a damn break. It's becoming totally ridiculous to be honest. I'm behind Dan as a club member to come good. I'm backing the little warrior in.
Ok. I guess we can all relax then. Ted's backing him in. :lol:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 6:30pm Why don't we focus on the multitude of positive things Simon Lethlean has done since being at the Saints.

Please provide me with a list of the positive things Simon has done for the club since joining.

Also, there's a good chance that horse your backing may be scratched. Where's the evidence to say he'll play? And has he even been seen around the club since this "hamstring" problem first flared up?

saintbob
SS Life Member

I agree while Simon has made a hige mistake with Hannebery, I still believe he has been very good for the club.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 6:34pm

Please provide me with a list of the positive things Simon has done for the club since joining.

Also, there's a good chance that horse your backing may be scratched. Where's the evidence to say he'll play? And has he even been seen around the club since this "hamstring" problem first flared up?
Search and think about them and you will find them.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Ted, why do you need to be an apologist for every decision and mistake made by the St.K F.C. ?

It doesn't sound like you are being very objective and in fact it sounds like you’re a bit compromised.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Slater
Gubby Allan
Ratten
Lade
O'shaughnessy
Hannebery (yes it will be a good decision)
Footy dept review
Getting rid of assistants
New recruitment approach

Shall I go on?
There is stuff we probably don't even know about either.
Lethers ain't perfect nor will all his calls be perfect but he is a godsend.

Apologies for the language but the club needed a bit of a hard c*** to fix some s*** up. Lethlean does it.

Total = 1.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 6:25pm Recruit a player with a broken body, a penchant for <edited by mods> and make him a leader.

The club obliges.

Now, after one game into the season the club admits it was all a mistake. This is just embarrassing.

Will Hannebery ever play at all? The more the clubs gives vague updates on his condition, the more I suspect he never will.

And back to Simon: what does he really offer our club in the long-term? Because, as member, he has yet to gain my respect at all. Can someone please enlighten me? I just don't see this guy helping our situation at all. I mean, he came to us with an already tarnished reputation and it just seems like he is using St.K.F.C. as a stepping to redeem his career.
Oh dear.

Read the article again and tell me where it says the club has admitted it was all a mistake?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:09pm
Sainternist wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 6:25pm Recruit a player with a broken body, a penchant for <edited by mods>and make him a leader.

The club obliges.

Oh dear.

Read the article again and tell me where it says the club has admitted it was all a mistake?
My bad, they didn't say it, however, you would think it is implied when they remove him from the leadership group, wouldn't you?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 6:58pmApologies for the language but the club needed a bit of a hard c*** to fix some s*** up. Lethlean does it.
By "hard c***" are you referring to a certain part of the male anatomy? Because it seemed abundantly clear Simon had one of those after he was dismissed by the AFL. My fear is that he might be doing the same to us.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:15pm
Sainternist wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 6:25pm Recruit a player with a broken body, a penchant for <edited by mods> and make him a leader.

The club obliges.

Oh dear.

My bad, they didn't say it, however, you would think it is implied when they remove him from the leadership group, wouldn't you?
Why?

In my opinion it's either exactly what the club has said, or he has other 'issues' that are keeping him off the field. Issues that aren't necessarily conducive to a leader of a young team.

I mean seriously, 'rebuilding' a guy and he'll play by round 6? Please.

That makes no sense.

saint-stu
Club Player

What exactly have we given up for Hannebury? It seems like very little to me and he could still work out.

1ac46a38
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:23pm What exactly have we given up for Hannebury? It seems like very little to me and he could still work out.
We got Hannebery and pick No. 28 in the draft in exchange for pick No. 39 (acquired from WCE) a future second-round selection.

But the real problem was giving him a 5-year-contract for around $800,000 /season. I mean, WTF?!?!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:23pm
Sainternist wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:15pm

The club obliges.

Oh dear.

Why?

In my opinion it's either exactly what the club has said, or he has other 'issues' that are keeping him off the field. Issues that aren't necessarily conducive to a leader of a young team.

I mean seriously, 'rebuilding' a guy and he'll play by round 6? Please.

That makes no sense.
How was it not a mistake? A new recruit assumes a leadership role doesn't make a great deal of sense, regardless of who it is. Unless they are coming in as a captain-coach, which of course has been a thing of the past since the early 80s.

You think he'll be back by round 6? Where's the evidence to suggest he'll be back that soon?

takeaway
Club Player

Catherines

GilsAuPair
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 6:58pm
Apologies for the language but the club needed a bit of a hard c*** to fix some s*** up. Lethlean does it.
You are half right.
He isnt hard.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:38pm

How was it not a mistake? A new recruit assumes a leadership role doesn't make a great deal of sense, regardless of who it is. Unless they are coming in as a captain-coach, which of course has been a thing of the past since the early 80s.

You think he'll be back by round 6? Where's the evidence to suggest he'll be back that soon?
From everything I've read, his leadership has been outstanding.

He's on a 5 year deal, and will miss games in a season where we are a bottom 6 side regardless.

So what???

As for being back in R6, put it this way...you can't 'rebuild' someone in a month. So if he is back in R6 then I think it's safe to say that his body was never the issue.

saint-stu
Club Player

Sainternist wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:33pm
saint-stu wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:23pm What exactly have we given up for Hannebury? It seems like very little to me and he could still work out.
We got Hannebery and pick No. 28 in the draft in exchange for pick No. 39 (acquired from WCE) a future second-round selection.

But the real problem was giving him a 5-year-contract for around $800,000 /season. I mean, WTF?!?!
Who cares?

1ac46a38
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I just came from Chemist Warehouse and I discovered you can buy Valium in 1kg bucket size.

Anyone want me to grab a few buckets for the journey ahead?

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Hannebery Haiku (5-7-5 syllables)

Dan Hannebery
Could turn out to be quite good
We had few choices

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 6:25pm Recruit a player with a broken body, a penchant for <edited by mods>!and make him a leader.

The club obliges.

Got any proof that Dan is a cokehead?

Oh, and Barrett is still an efwit.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:19pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 6:58pmApologies for the language but the club needed a bit of a hard c*** to fix some s*** up. Lethlean does it.
By "hard c***" are you referring to a certain part of the male anatomy? Because it seemed abundantly clear Simon had one of those after he was dismissed by the AFL. My fear is that he might be doing the same to us.
:roll:

GilsAuPair
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Tue 26 Mar 2019 7:50pm
From everything I've read, his leadership has been outstanding.

He's on a 5 year deal, and will miss games in a season where we are a bottom 6 side regardless.

So what???

As for being back in R6, put it this way...you can't 'rebuild' someone in a month. So if he is back in R6 then I think it's safe to say that his body was never the issue.
What have you read? Besides club marketing material?

So what?

Well he isnt Benjamin Button.

If he cant make it on the park now - he is unlikely to somehow have some miraculous recovery powers as the years go on.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Omg

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.