Carlisle Injury

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Carlisle Injury

Back has flared up again apparently. Not good and its going to hamper his pre season obviously. Should still be fit for the season opener but probably be underdone a bit. An 80-90% fit Carlisle is still a good player though.

In general, the list seems fit and injury free at the moment. Fingers crossed it continues. 🀞🀞🀞

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle Injury

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: ↑Wed 23 Jan 2019 1:25pm Back has flared up again apparently.
CH7 news had a quick report on Carlisle's injury a couple of nights back, which they stated was a back injury/complaint (I cannot remember the precise wording now).

According to CH7 he is on a restricted training program.

They showed him in the gym, in a bent over position, flicking around the heavy weight ropes and so his back cannot be too bad.

They indicated that he may still be right for Round 1.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: ↑Wed 23 Jan 2019 1:25pm Back has flared up again apparently. Not good and its going to hamper his pre season obviously. Should still be fit for the season opener but probably be underdone a bit. An 80-90% fit Carlisle is still a good player though.

In general, the list seems fit and injury free at the moment. Fingers crossed it continues. 🀞🀞🀞
Thanks Ted.
My favourite current Saint too.
γŠε€§δΊ‹γ«γ‚Έγ‚§γ‚€γ‚―γ•γ‚“γ€‚

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
shrodes
SS Life Member

Please post sources. It's just good form, and lets people get the information directly from the source. Yes I know you might not feel quite as special like you're "breaking the news" yourself.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-22/b ... -preseason
ST KILDA defender Jake Carlisle has been on limited duties for several weeks and faces a wait before he returns to the main group after hurting his back.

Carlisle suffered a flare-up before Christmas and has had his preparation for the 2019 season hampered.

The 27-year-old has managed hip and back issues over the past few years.

A Saints spokesperson confirmed Carlisle was expected to rejoin the main group in the coming weeks.

"Jake Carlisle is progressing positively following a back complaint," the spokesperson said.

"Carlisle, who has dealt with similar injuries before, is running well and will reintegrate with the main group over the coming weeks."
Wonder why we're only just hearing about it now.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote: ↑Wed 23 Jan 2019 5:07pm Please post sources. It's just good form, and lets people get the information directly from the source. Yes I know you might not feel quite as special like you're "breaking the news" yourself.

ST KILDA defender Jake Carlisle has been on limited duties for several weeks and faces a wait before he returns to the main group after hurting his back.

Carlisle suffered a flare-up before Christmas and has had his preparation for the 2019 season hampered.

A Saints spokesperson confirmed Carlisle was expected to rejoin the main group in the coming weeks.

"Jake Carlisle is progressing positively following a back complaint," the spokesperson said.

"Carlisle, who has dealt with similar injuries before, is running well and will reintegrate with the main group over the coming weeks."

When should you have heard about it? Or rather what are your expectations with regards to the timing of such news being made public?

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

shrodes wrote: ↑Wed 23 Jan 2019 5:07pm Please post sources. It's just good form, and lets people get the information directly from the source. Yes I know you might not feel quite as special like you're "breaking the news" yourself.

Because the club is getting better at keeping things like this in-house. That is excellent as far as I am concerned.....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

A bloke at work simply told me. I didn't break any news or try do. Do you want the blokes full name, address and date of birth, hobbies, missus' name, etc. next time?
Guess he was right as the AFL article pinpointed.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: ↑Wed 23 Jan 2019 8:53pm

A bloke at work simply told me. I didn't break any news or try do. Do you want the blokes full name, address and date of birth, hobbies, missus' name, etc. next time?
Maybe he also read the article.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: ↑Wed 23 Jan 2019 9:00pm
Maybe he also read the article.
Or saw the same TV report that I did.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: ↑Wed 23 Jan 2019 8:53pm

Ground-breaking. Bloke at work reads news article and shares information. Information recipient shares on internet for points........ :wink:

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bloke at his 150K job told him.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
shrodes
SS Life Member

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: ↑Wed 23 Jan 2019 8:53pm A bloke at work simply told me. I didn't break any news or try do. Do you want the blokes full name, address and date of birth, hobbies, missus' name, etc. next time?
Mentioning who told you ("a bloke from work") in your original post so we can judge veracity would be a good start. I'm sure that's not too hard.
Cairnsman wrote: ↑Wed 23 Jan 2019 5:24pm When should you have heard about it? Or rather what are your expectations with regards to the timing of such news being made public?
No expectations as such, I'm just surprised with how quickly news travels these days that we would find out about an injury to one of our best players roughly a month after it happened. Though I guess there is less coverage in the offseason.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote: ↑Thu 24 Jan 2019 8:08am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: ↑Wed 23 Jan 2019 8:53pm A bloke at work simply told me. I didn't break any news or try do. Do you want the blokes full name, address and date of birth, hobbies, missus' name, etc. next time?
Mentioning who told you ("a bloke from work") in your original post so we can judge veracity would be a good start. I'm sure that's not too hard.
Cairnsman wrote: ↑Wed 23 Jan 2019 5:24pm When should you have heard about it? Or rather what are your expectations with regards to the timing of such news being made public?
No expectations as such, I'm just surprised with how quickly news travels these days that we would find out about an injury to one of our best players roughly a month after it happened. Though I guess there is less coverage in the offseason.
Are you sure you don't have an expectation? Clearly you think 1 month is too long.

What would be a reasonable time frame in your mind?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: ↑Wed 23 Jan 2019 8:45pm

Because the club is getting better at keeping things like this in-house. That is excellent as far as I am concerned.....

plus one.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

For a couple of the above posters. I didn't post this thread to score points or break news. Its a discussion about Carlisle and Saints injuries at the moment which I find interesting as do others obviously. Stick to the topic please and don't worry too much about where Ted gets his info. Yes, sometimes its off a bloke at work or a website but other times I can't or will never reveal who told me what.

Total = 1.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: ↑Wed 23 Jan 2019 8:53pm Do you want the blokes full name, address and date of birth, hobbies, missus' name, etc.?
Yep I'd love to hear all that ^

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Stick to the topic. Why the snide remarks?

Total = 1.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: ↑Thu 24 Jan 2019 11:06am Stick to the topic. Why the snide remarks?
It can't help itself .

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

oh boy its got to this again
heres a tip to the aggrieved ones - suggest you take another holiday for a while and just sit back and read the posts

Cuz for a while there it was nice just discussing stuff without being told that your opinion is not valid

Also suggest "we" take special note of how Saintbrat posts info -
Posts the guff - with a link and then just simply moves on - so us plebs can read / thank / discuss / move on
simple

Seeya
dragit
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: ↑Thu 24 Jan 2019 12:45pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: ↑Thu 24 Jan 2019 11:06am Stick to the topic. Why the snide remarks?
It can't help itself .
What was snide about it's post?

Ted, you offered to give us some details on your source, now you are offended that I want to hear them?

Are you going to report this one too saynta? :(

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

dragit wrote: ↑Thu 24 Jan 2019 6:47pm
In exactly the same way posts are "thanked" with a record of the users name
I think it should be the same with users who report posts

Seeya
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

It can't help itself .
Yep. Sole purpose is to cause trouble and keep it going like a few others. Obviously not much going on in their backgrounds.

Total = 1.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: ↑Thu 24 Jan 2019 6:58pm
dragit wrote: ↑Thu 24 Jan 2019 6:47pm
In exactly the same way posts are "thanked" with a record of the users name
I think it should be the same with users who report posts
^
Reported for baiting.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: ↑Thu 24 Jan 2019 7:08pm
It can't help itself .
Yep. Sole purpose is to cause trouble and keep it going like a few others. Obviously not much going on in their backgrounds.
LOL that's rich coming from someone who the entire forum has repeatedly asked to provide a really basic etiquette and to attribute your 'scoops', which you flatly refuse, instead you'd rather continue to posture as an insider.

No-one causes more trouble than you bud, nothing surer.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Really?
Ever been banned have I?
Anyway, enough arguing with idiots. I'm here to talk footy and my source(s) will always remain a secret.

Total = 1.