Hunter Clark Into Midfield

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Hunter Clark Into Midfield

Word out is that he is apparently as fit as a Mallee Bull and there are plans in place to play him as a mid this year. I say get it done Richo and Lade. This kid glides across the field and is good on both sides. Once his internal tank builds up, he has the potential to be a gun mid IMO.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hunter Clark Into Midfield

Midfielder to transition to midfield as he gets fitter

This is big stuff. You’re source must be the coach or some type of psychic

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 8:58pm Word out is that he is apparently as fit as a Mallee Bull and there are plans in place to play him as a mid this year. I say get it done Richo and Lade. This kid glides across the field and is good on both sides. Once his internal tank builds up, he has the potential to be a gun mid IMO.

Didn't Clark say that himself in his interview on Saints.com.au?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 15 Jan 2019 8:58pm Word out is that he is apparently as fit as a Mallee Bull and there are plans in place to play him as a mid this year. I say get it done Richo and Lade. This kid glides across the field and is good on both sides. Once his internal tank builds up, he has the potential to be a gun mid IMO.
Great inside info parkeyTed, keep up the good work 👍

Here is the link

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2019-01-14/ ... field-role

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 5:53am

Here is the link

Can't find where Ted said it was inside info. Just reporting news from other sources which is fair enough, saves forumites sifting through other sites for news.
Helpful.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 6:38am

Here is the link

Can't find where Ted said it was inside info. Just reporting news from other sources which is fair enough, saves forumites sifting through other sites for news.
Helpful.
Can’t understand where you see negativity in my post which was very complimentary toward parkeyTed.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 7:12am

Here is the link

Helpful.
Can’t understand where you see negativity in my post which was very complimentary toward parkeyTed.
Can't see why you think I think your post was negative, merely false.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Whisperlicious

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

This thread isn't about me for starters again. I guess Richo's coaching career will pop up soon too. 🙄

The thread is about Clark becoming a midfielder. What do people think?
Tony1975...any news mate?
I personally think he has the tools to play mid. Watched and played alot of footy. He can make it. Bookmark it. Watched him at training, also got told he got a PB for the 3km. Good work Hunter.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 7:51am

Here is the link

Helpful.
I just wanted to thank stoney for thanking takeaway but couldn't directly add to his thanks tally here because he did not add a post on this thread

Yeah, so thank stonecold.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Here is the link

Helpful.
Personally I believe its polite to include the bibliography when loosely quoting an article to give the forumites the opportunity to read the article in full.

Instead of negativity takeaway, I would have thought you'd have thanked me for providing this link to the forum.

It's a new year takeaway, may I respectfully suggest you drop the negativity and start the new year with a positive outlook :D .

Here's a song that can only make you smile :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foepOwQlXpI

takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:21am

Here is the link

Helpful.
Personally I believe its polite to include the bibliography when loosely quoting an article to give the forumites the opportunity to read the article in full.

Instead of negativity takeaway, I would have thought you'd have thanked me for providing this link to the forum.

It's a new year takeaway, may I respectfully suggest you drop the negativity and start the new year with a positive outlook :D .

Nah, including the bibliography or not doesn't worry me. But you're right, I will really try this year to drop the negativity against negativity.
However, that song doesn't do it for me. One below far better to lift the spirits.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

This is what I'm up against unfortunately. The HOH gang are networked to the hilt! 🙄

Total = 1.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

takeaway wrote: Thu 17 Jan 2019 7:09am

Here is the link

Helpful.

Nah, including the bibliography or not doesn't worry me. But you're right, I will really try this year to drop the negativity against negativity.
However, that song doesn't do it for me. One below far better to lift the spirits.

Try the live festival version of Disturbed - much better version of that song.........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
takeaway
Club Player

I agree, great version.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Thu 17 Jan 2019 9:00am
takeaway wrote: Thu 17 Jan 2019 7:09am

Here is the link

Helpful.

Try the live festival version of Disturbed - much better version of that song.........
Great song and great cover.

I don’t find it uplifting though.

Thanks fir sharing.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i’d agree with that

not uplifting for me either

seems to me
a song about lemmings starstruck by the smoke n mirrors
of their chickenshit lonliness replacement therapy

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Gordo'
Club Player
Location: banned for a spell, things didn't turn out so well, every thread i played, ffs was lucky i stayed!!!

Oh ffs!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: too many flowering drummers on here who don't flowering understand true flowering genius, ffs!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: teddy parker is a flowering genius on the cowbells, ffs! a true flowering legend amongst cowbell playing musos'. flowering phil flowering collins wannabes will never flowering understand this, ffs!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

teddy parker, flowering visionary genius! ffs, visionless soft*&%# flowering drummer-types won't ever flowering well silence you mate!!! :mrgreen:

now parkster mate, when young harrietm abandons her funny stage name, and flowering finishes her flowering moonlighting gig, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46016&p=1772233#p1772233 :shock: :shock: :shock: then plucker666 our axeman and stringer on his organ, ffs, we'd all flowering love to get you two together in the band. ffs yeah!!! :D

Fortitude Fidelity Sainta.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Anyway, back to Hunter Clark...anyone?

Total = 1.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

potential

what else is there to bump gums about
in the middle of the cricket season mr T
besides ... potential

fitness maybe
... mallee bull stuff

desire to be better
.... go lade

stringers organ just got a run
u’d know something about that as well yea

wanna share ?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

personally

i feel that we’ll do suprisingly well this year
which will be a healthy vibe for the lads
including this one (hc) to experience

which will pay dividends in a big way
in 20/21

should we have another year of shite

i’ll repost what i just wrote
in the middle of the next cricket season ,
knowing i was a year ahead of myself , again.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

17th Jan 2020 10.15pm

personally

i feel that we’ll do suprisingly well this year
which will be a healthy vibe for the lads
including this one (hc) to experience

which will pay dividends in a big way
in 21/22

should we have another year of shite

i’ll repost what i just wrote
in the middle of the next cricket season ,
knowing i was a year ahead of myself , again.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Hunter Clark looks like he will play the role he was picked for which is great, still not sure if coffield should it can play in the midst, kid looks more at home along the back line
Going to be interesting to see what our mature aged players do, shame none ar outside mids

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Can't see why Billings, Gresh and Sinclair can't play as outside mids..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 18 Jan 2019 9:12am Can't see why Billings, Gresh and Sinclair can't play as outside mids..
Me either, but as there's not an article on the club website about them specifically training in a midfield role, there wouldn't be any 'word is out' about them.

FWIW, we made enough song and dance about him playing there when he was recruited, I have no doubt we'll see more midfield time for Clark, and he could indeed rotate through there with Gresh and Billings especially. I'll reserve my judgement on Sinclair after last season...IMO, I thought he was a dead cert for an outside role after 2016/2017, but followed a lot of others in trending downwards last season, so not sure where he's at.