Punted from Good Friday ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Punted from Good Friday ...

Being reported (ie leaked by the AFL) that we’re about to get punted from a Good Friday after this year’s debacle.

Well done to Richo, his tactics-lite, clueless group and the 22 on-field spuds who gave absolutely nothing that fateful day.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Punted from Good Friday ...

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 7:44am Being reported (ie leaked by the AFL) that we’re about to get punted from a Good Friday after this year’s debacle.

Well done to Richo, his tactics-lite, clueless group and the 22 on-field spuds who gave absolutely nothing that fateful day.
It wasn’t Richo’s fault a pathetic 33K turned up.

We did win the first week. Our fan base was already disconnected

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

North hold that slot, it was never ours to be punted from.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Good Friday footy is dumb.

I'm not religious at all, but many people go away over the Easter weekend, even Carlton and Collingwood only attracted 28k and 31k to their home games that weekend.

Easter weekend will always make for low crowds, except Easter Monday.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Oh well...would rather China. More money and exposure.

Even if were top 4, North attracts very low crowds.

Plus everyone is on holiday or with family.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
gwiltyascharged
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 8:03am
Saintmatt wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 7:44am Being reported (ie leaked by the AFL) that we’re about to get punted from a Good Friday after this year’s debacle.

It wasn’t Richo’s fault a pathetic 33K turned up.

We did win the first week. Our fan base was already disconnected
Have you seen the tv figures?
How many turned off at quarter time?

repta
Club Player

onthe biggest stage the Saints have held since the glory days. the comment was

"we were abit flat today"

absolutely disgraceful.

China is a joke. What 'exposure' do we get from that. A Foxtel game, which will attract a dozen or so expats and a by-line on the daily news. Mmmm.. slightly more exposure than a Sunday twilight game.

No doubt just to go over there and not turn up to play (eg Tasmania, New Zealand etc). They better be getting a good pay day as it disinfranchises the supporters (at least it is not our 'home' game)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Good f****** job, I say.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 10:30am

Good f****** job, I say.
Enjoy Church and your fish old man

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

repta wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 10:09am onthe biggest stage the Saints have held since the glory days. the comment was

absolutely disgraceful.

China is a joke. What 'exposure' do we get from that. A Foxtel game, which will attract a dozen or so expats and a by-line on the daily news. Mmmm.. slightly more exposure than a Sunday twilight game.

No doubt just to go over there and not turn up to play (eg Tasmania, New Zealand etc). They better be getting a good pay day as it disinfranchises the supporters (at least it is not our 'home' game)
China is about the money. Don’t you get it?
We need cash.

Maybe cough up had a mill yourself and then spout off about how China is a joke.

gwiltyascharged
Club Player

If Ted went to a Saints catered event and the chef took a dump on his plate and served him a steamer he would give them 5 stars and compliments to the chef.
Last edited by gwiltyascharged on Fri 26 Oct 2018 12:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

gwiltyascharged
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 10:44am
repta wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 10:09am onthe biggest stage the Saints have held since the glory days. the comment was

absolutely disgraceful.

We need cash.

Maybe cough up had a mill yourself and then spout off about how China is a joke.
Why are we so desperate for money?
Don't we have the best CEO and administrators in the land?

Of course China is a joke. Who went last year?
The Gold Coast. The only club less relevant than us.
No other club would go.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

gwiltyascharged wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 10:56am
saintspremiers wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 10:44am

absolutely disgraceful.

We need cash.

Why are we so desperate for money?
Don't we have the best CEO and administrators in the land?

Of course China is a joke. Who went last year?
The Gold Coast. The only club less relevant than us.
No other club would go.
It's not which club "would" go; it's which club is so desperate that their Board feels like they HAVE to go and/or the AFL tells that team they're going. I have no doubt that's the case with us. I would almost bet my last $ that Jeff wouldn't let the Dawks go to China even if they were paid $10M to go there. It's simple - we're financially desperate and only marginally less governed/directed by the AFL than GCS and GWS.

And yes, it's got zero to do with exposure and TV ratings - it's simply about a cash return to whomever sells a home game to play Port.

gwiltyascharged
Club Player

120 years and we are now nothing more than a fixture item wholly run subsidiary of the AFL. We have the same bargaining power as the Suns.

All our staff and execs are AFL drones.

Hawks, Eagles, Bombers, Pies etc have enough clout to say No to the AFL. They would not even consider this fixture.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Deserved.
Every single person in attendance should have been refunded for that s*** storm those hacks served up.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

That was one of the most gutless and witless performances I'd seen from a Saints team in recent memory. The players involved that day and the coach should be taking pay cuts as a result of money being lost by the club.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
minneapolis
Club Player

gwiltyascharged wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 10:55am If Ted went to a Saints catered event and the chef took a dump on his plate and served him a steamer he would give them 5 stars and compliments to the chef.

Chef,

very nice plate but the food's crap.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Care factor?

stonecold
SS Life Member

gwiltyascharged wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 12:03pm 120 years and we are now nothing more than a fixture item wholly run subsidiary of the AFL. We have the same bargaining power as the Suns.

Hawks, Eagles, Bombers, Pies etc have enough clout to say No to the AFL. They would not even consider this fixture.
Still such as positive influence Con!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

The guy is an absolute oxygen thief, the rest of the industry must be laughing that he is still in charge of our club.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 1:08pm

The guy is an absolute oxygen thief, the rest of the industry must be laughing that he is still in charge of our club.
That, sadly, is the actual case. It's somewhat of an open secret that Richo is well liked in the industry (I mean, you don't work at as many clubs as he has and not at least been a nice enough bloke) but he's also seriously lacking in the respect stakes of his peers as a Senior Coach.

It p1ses me off so much that our dumbar$e CEO needlessly extended Richo because, in many ways - I don't blame Richo directly. I know if I had another $1M+ coming to me over the next two years, I'd be sitting tight too (but in the meantime, you basically have to have your character assassinated by St KFC members and supporters).

The fact that Richo is likely not up to the task isn't necessarily his fault - but it damn well is the fault of that resume-building, sh!tshow of a CEO and the Board that his extension recommendation was accepted.

For the life of me I cannot fathom how there's be zero scrutiny/repercussions of Finnis' action on this.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 2:09pm
Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 1:08pm

That, sadly, is the actual case. It's somewhat of an open secret that Richo is well liked in the industry (I mean, you don't work at as many clubs as he has and not at least been a nice enough bloke) but he's also seriously lacking in the respect stakes of his peers as a Senior Coach.

It p1ses me off so much that our dumbar$e CEO needlessly extended Richo because, in many ways - I don't blame Richo directly. I know if I had another $1M+ coming to me over the next two years, I'd be sitting tight too (but in the meantime, you basically have to have your character assassinated by St KFC members and supporters).

The fact that Richo is likely not up to the task isn't necessarily his fault - but it damn well is the fault of that resume-building, sh!tshow of a CEO and the Board that his extension recommendation was accepted.

For the life of me I cannot fathom how there's be zero scrutiny/repercussions of Finnis' action on this.
Because.....St.Kilda.
You know...
Run a multi million dollar business like Chook Raffle.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 10:43am
saynta wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 10:30am

Good f****** job, I say.
Enjoy Church and your fish old man
You a bigot are you? Seems like it.

FYI

I don't go to church and I don't eat seafood .

But I don't agree with playing footy on good Friday anyway. Never will.

Might have had something to do with our rotten year as well.
Last edited by saynta on Fri 26 Oct 2018 4:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

gwiltyascharged wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 10:55am If Ted went to a Saints catered event and the chef took a dump on his plate and served him a steamer he would give them 5 stars and compliments to the chef.
f****** offensive. What's the matter with you .

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

gwiltyascharged wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 12:03pm 120 years and we are now nothing more than a fixture item wholly run subsidiary of the AFL. We have the same bargaining power as the Suns.

Welcome to reality.

Finally.

You're utterly wrong and laughably naive about the last paragraph though. They're absolutely no different to the Saints.