Dan's done his homework

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Dan's done his homework

Quotes below from Dan Hannebery. The guys been in the system for years, and presumably knows his stuff, so why all the gloom on this site?

They pushed Richmond all the way at the MCG late in the fourth quarter, and also beat Melbourne who are premiership favourites.
"You can't tell me that team is no good when they are doing that to really good sides. 
"They've got a great young list. Tim Membrey, Jade Gresham, Jack Steven – they're bona fide stars.
"Seb Ross has announced himself as an All Australian-type player this year, and they've got a number of other players that are developing.
"Hunter Clark is another one who's going to be an absolute star. I've done my homework. 

barneyboyz
Club Player

Re: Dan's done his homework

Stephen Theodore wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 5:12pm Quotes below from Dan Hannebery. The guys been in the system for years, and presumably knows his stuff, so why all the gloom on this site?

They pushed Richmond all the way at the MCG late in the fourth quarter, and also beat Melbourne who are premiership favourites.
"You can't tell me that team is no good when they are doing that to really good sides. 
"They've got a great young list. Tim Membrey, Jade Gresham, Jack Steven – they're bona fide stars.
"Seb Ross has announced himself as an All Australian-type player this year, and they've got a number of other players that are developing.
"Hunter Clark is another one who's going to be an absolute star. I've done my homework. 
Interview for a coaching role???

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Love the attitude.

outside66
Club Player

I saw this and I'm now convinced that he's going to add plenty of value to our group and also hopefully serve as a great ambassador in getting other quality players across to Moorabbin.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

outside66 wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 5:50pm I saw this and I'm now convinced that he's going to add plenty of value to our group and also hopefully serve as a great ambassador in getting other quality players across to Moorabbin.
Already sounds like the Captain of the club.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

prwilkinson wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 5:52pm
outside66 wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 5:50pm I saw this and I'm now convinced that he's going to add plenty of value to our group and also hopefully serve as a great ambassador in getting other quality players across to Moorabbin.
Already sounds like the Captain of the club.
Would think he'd be straight into the leadership group

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

+ 1

BenLong#21
Club Player

What do you think he is going to say?

"Everyone thinks I am here for the money and it is true. Clearly I'm not here to win with this bunch of hacks."

Seriously look back to what Judd said in 2007.
Look at what Ablett said in 2010.

Straight out of press conference 101.

I'm looking fwd to a fresh start. New challenge. The list is young and exciting and on the way up.
Blah blah blah.

Means absolutely nothing.
Last edited by BenLong#21 on Wed 19 Sep 2018 7:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

BenLong#21 wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 7:22pm What do you think he is going to say?

"Everyone thinks I am here for the money and it is true. Clearly I'm not here to win with this bunch of hacks."

Seriously look back to what Judd said in 2007.
Look at what Ablett said in 2010.

Straight out of press conference 101.

I'm looking fwd to a fresh start. New challenge. The list is young and exciting and on the way up.
Blah blah blah.

Means absolutely nothing.
Each to their own.

I choose to look on the positive side and believe he will add a fair bit, on and off the field

older saint
SS Life Member

from the Bounce - Cut theCrap

Of course i am coming here, 27 , missed 2 years through injury and these guys give me 5 years at $800K
did you see these guys play this season, guaranteed spot every week no matter how good i play .
Where do i sign.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Actually he can sit at the swans for the next 3 years at $800k because he has that contract already. He doesn’t have to be at the top of his game to make their side either because he has been picked even when half fit and injured because they rate him so highly. Think about it. He is already GUARANTEED $2.4 million at the Swans for the next 3 seasons. We will pay him $600-$650k for 3 seasons and Swans will pay the rest (relieves their salary cap issue) and we guarantee him an extra year at $800k for the 4th year and the 5th year is irrelevant unless he is performing. For 4 years we are paying $2.6 - $2.75 million so the average is less than $700k for a 3 x AA and 1 x CA winner for best player in the competition. We will lose a second rounder or a player but this is still a good deal. Every player has risk associated when recruited. They can do a knee or multiple knees. His injury is obviously manageable with rest which the Swans never gave him. Why? Because they valued him so much. Now they have to sacrifice one midfielder and it is Parker or Hannebery. Hannebery want to come home to Melbourne so we can benefit. If they decided to let Parker go we may not have got him as no doubt other teams had better connection.

Let’s hope the fresh start and some rest gets his body into shape and he can reach his full playing potential in 2019.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Swans win this trade. They get to free up salary cap space and a round 2 pick for a broken player clearly passed his prime. We will get a decent player who will make us better if he stays on the park but for 4 Years at 600+,k is too.much

chico2001
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 8:05pm Actually he can sit at the swans for the next 3 years at $800k because he has that contract already. He doesn’t have to be at the top of his game to make their side either because he has been picked even when half fit and injured because they rate him so highly. Think about it. He is already GUARANTEED $2.4 million at the Swans for the next 3 seasons. We will pay him $600-$650k for 3 seasons and Swans will pay the rest (relieves their salary cap issue) and we guarantee him an extra year at $800k for the 4th year and the 5th year is irrelevant unless he is performing. For 4 years we are paying $2.6 - $2.75 million so the average is less than $700k for a 3 x AA and 1 x CA winner for best player in the competition. We will lose a second rounder or a player but this is still a good deal. Every player has risk associated when recruited. They can do a knee or multiple knees. His injury is obviously manageable with rest which the Swans never gave him. Why? Because they valued him so much. Now they have to sacrifice one midfielder and it is Parker or Hannebery. Hannebery want to come home to Melbourne so we can benefit. If they decided to let Parker go we may not have got him as no doubt other teams had better connection.

Let’s hope the fresh start and some rest gets his body into shape and he can reach his full playing potential in 2019.
Can you confirm those figures that you have stated? How do you know what is in his contract at Sydney? So now he has been playing unfit and with an injury. What is the injury?

"The deal hasn't been done yet and nothing has been signed." They are his words.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I'm encouraged that he thinks our list is better than it performed.

chico2001
Club Player

Stephen Theodore wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 5:12pm Quotes below from Dan Hannebery. The guys been in the system for years, and presumably knows his stuff, so why all the gloom on this site?

Pity some of the SS posters dont speak of the St Kilda list as high as Hannebery. I dont think any st Kilda player made the AA squad this year, I certainly havent seen many posters speak highly of Seb Ross at all. Most have dogged him as no good, cant kick, tackle and no leadership skills is the general consensus. A massive statement to say Hunter Clark is going to be an absolute star at this early stage.
I have never heard the coach describe his own players that way either.

I dont think it is doom and gloom....they are just sick of the bulls*** and the never ending quest for success which this club cannot seem to be able to get a handle on.

elizabethr
Club Player

Methinks he is "gilding the lily "a bit.😏

nothing to say
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

elizabethr wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 8:48pm Methinks he is "gilding the lily "a bit.😏
Somebody needed to start pumping some confidence and self belief back into the place. I’m wrapped it started with him even before day 1 of pre season.

If I’m a future teammate of his I’d be thinking..., Yep.. excellent... here we go... a breath of fresh air.

chico2001
Club Player

prwilkinson wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 9:00pm
elizabethr wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 8:48pm Methinks he is "gilding the lily "a bit.😏
Somebody needed to start pumping some confidence and self belief back into the place. I’m wrapped it started with him even before day 1 of pre season.

If I’m a future teammate of his I’d be thinking..., Yep.. excellent... here we go... a breath of fresh air.
fair enough but you could excuse most on here for being cynical.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

chico2001 wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 9:03pm

fair enough but you could excuse most on here for being cynical.
Yeah, I hear you, but just remember.... The best days of the St.Kilda Football Club are still ahead of it. And that’s an encouraging thought.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Exactly. Some new waves and hope are coming to Moorabbin.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

What's he going to say?

Just telling people what they want to hear.

Has anyone on here ever gone for a job interview or sat a psych test?!

Christ some people are naive.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Wed 19 Sep 2018 8:46pm

Pity some of the SS posters dont speak of the St Kilda list as high as Hannebery. I dont think any st Kilda player made the AA squad this year, I certainly havent seen many posters speak highly of Seb Ross at all. Most have dogged him as no good, cant kick, tackle and no leadership skills is the general consensus. A massive statement to say Hunter Clark is going to be an absolute star at this early stage.
I have never heard the coach describe his own players that way either.

I dont think it is doom and gloom....they are just sick of the bulls*** and the never ending quest for success which this club cannot seem to be able to get a handle on.
I don’t think that’s true...

I can’t remember a single post suggesting that Ross is no good. Quite the opposite, much of the “criticism” I’ve read is because people think he is capable of more.
That’s certainly the case for me. There’s a big difference between an average Ross game and great one... I want to see his baseline standard climb to what we all know he is capable of

BenLong#21
Club Player

I rate Seb Ross very highly.
He is a gun.
I think he dropped the bottom lip this season because he knows the coach is a complete joke.
I'd be keeping Seb Ross for sure.

Hannebery probably has positive intentions, but nobody - including him - knows how his body will hold up.

chico2001
Club Player

Was really down on goals this year, with the amount of possessions he gets and with a goal a game or close to it in 2019 that will make a big difference to the scoreline.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I don't like him already, he's too positive and it makes me suspicious and paranoid.