Overheard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ss1986
Club Player

Overheard

Saints players at the Albion on Saturday night...

One of our brightest prospects, suggesting from his own mouth that "there are plenty of players looking for a trade because they've had enough of the sh*t that surrounds St.Kilda".

Brilliant.

saintadamski
Club Player

Re: Overheard

The only 'bright prospects' in that team are Gresham and Long.
I'm absolutely fine with anyone else wanting a trade....ESPECIALLY NEWNES

elizabethr
Club Player

ss1986 wrote: Mon 03 Sep 2018 11:53am Saints players at the Albion on Saturday night...

One of our brightest prospects, suggesting from his own mouth that "there are plenty of players looking for a trade because they've had enough of the sh*t that surrounds St.Kilda".

Brilliant.
Eavesdroppers never prospered!

nothing to say
degruch
Saintsational Legend

One poster here reported running into Stuv and someone else towards the start of the season, who told them everything was fine and supporters just needed to stick fat...but now everyone wants out because the blowtorch or public and internal scrutiny has been applied? If what you overheard is true, it seems to indicate there's a large number of our players are as soft as they appear.

ss1986
Club Player

I can say, with 110% certainty that what I overheard is accurate - whether said player was accurately reflecting his own position (which if this is the case, would be particularly galling to every Saints fan out there), or that of the broader group, remains to be seen.

Either way - the mere fact that we have our best and brightest even talking like that is concerning. Don't reckon you'd hear it from Hawthorn or Richmond.

SAAD
Club Player

Hey PM if you can mate I would like to know the name.

I know someone on coaching at Melbourne and they were complaining that the young kids these days don't know how to take criticism or a spray and that they are whingers.

Different generation...

Why don't the players that come to our club want to be a part of history and capture that 2nd flag? Prefer to play for the big teams and big crowds hey.

David-Lee
Club Player

elizabethr wrote: Mon 03 Sep 2018 12:19pm
ss1986 wrote: Mon 03 Sep 2018 11:53am Saints players at the Albion on Saturday night...

Brilliant.
Eavesdroppers never prospered!
Nah, eavesdropping is the only time I ever get any decent insights lol. Everyone else lies to my face, says nothing or pretends I'm not there.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SAAD wrote: Mon 03 Sep 2018 2:46pm Hey PM if you can mate I would like to know the name.

I know someone on coaching at Melbourne and they were complaining that the young kids these days don't know how to take criticism or a spray and that they are whingers.

Different generation...

Why don't the players that come to our club want to be a part of history and capture that 2nd flag? Prefer to play for the big teams and big crowds hey.
SOE.

I say that to my kids often when they whinge.

SOE = Sense Of Entitlement

That’s why Richo needs to go. He’s incapable of reining in the next gen attuitudes and getting their heads in the right direction.

A senior AFL coach is very much a physiologist first and footy coach secondary.

I have on good authority that one A Clarko spends a lot of time every year learning new ideas/concepts from others throughout the world that he then implements at Hawthorn.

It’s very fluid - makes it bloody hard to coach successfully in 2018!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Welcome to the age of Gen Y and X.

Whoever said you had to work hard to reach your full potential and achieve better things whilst permanently connected to your mobile phone. 😂

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote: Mon 03 Sep 2018 3:09pm Welcome to the age of Gen Y and X.

Whoever said you had to work hard to reach your full potential and achieve better things whilst permanently connected to your mobile phone. 😂
Gen X are finished as players - last of the old school

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
resaintlee
Club Player

I am really concerned with the mention in a few threads now that some of our players are wanting out
I had thought that the new assistants were appointed mainly to entice Gaff, but it may now be to improve relations with the existing list. There should be two more and hopefully they will be of the Lade Ratten quality. If this happens then the club should go all stops out to get Gaff or his equal. The players would then have no excuse to go (except Billing’s who probably has a mid year agreement to go,like Ball, to Collingwood. So long as Acres, Steele and Long stay I am feeling rather mercenary about the rest

saintadamski
Club Player

Devilhead wrote: Mon 03 Sep 2018 3:51pm

Gen X ?!?!?!
I'm Gen X and 44 years old. I grew up with no phones or ipads.
If you were running late to meet a friend , then tough s***...there was no way of letting them know.

I grew up watching Lockett and Winmar at Moorabin in the 80s...you think a 44 year old has a sense of entitlement....idiot.

Parkey Sainter - are you like 90 years old....absolutely clueless on Gen X - we work our arses off while the freaking baby boomers bought their houses for $30k in Caulfield...and the average wage was $12k-$15k

Hilarious

...actually, I wouldn't put it past the Saints recruiting department to draft some 44 year olds hahahahahahahah

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

saintadamski wrote: Mon 03 Sep 2018 3:55pm
Devilhead wrote: Mon 03 Sep 2018 3:51pm

Gen X ?!?!?!
I'm Gen X and 44 years old. I grew up with no phones or ipads.
If you were running late to meet a friend , then tough s***...there was no way of letting them know.

I grew up watching Lockett and Winmar at Moorabin in the 80s...you think a 44 year old has a sense of entitlement....idiot.

Parkey Sainter - are you like 90 years old....absolutely clueless on Gen X - we work our arses off while the freaking baby boomers bought their houses for $30k in Caulfield...and the average wage was $12k-$15k

Hilarious

...actually, I wouldn't put it past the Saints recruiting department to draft some 44 year olds hahahahahahahah
I thought Gen X was the latest one...I'm confused and I'm not 90 (very far from it).
What do they call the gen now?

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

I meant Gen Z.

saintadamski
Club Player

Well played - Gen Z indeed lol

DJ Higgins
Club Player

More rumours. Who said they wanted out or are seeking. A trade? The only ones I have seen are gilbo and Lonie. Neither of who have a contract for 2019.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Yeah - we have been no good overheard all season - flat hands - it will be the death of us - you never saw Riewoldt using flat hands when he attempted an overheard mark!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

That was me - the first interaction with stuv / newnes etc where the stick the fat comment was made.

Now rumoured to want out under the current regime so obvs could stick the fat any longer himself (if true)

#1 Ryder fan
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

DJ Higgins wrote: Mon 03 Sep 2018 4:17pm More rumours. Who said they wanted out or are seeking. A trade? The only ones I have seen are gilbo and Lonie. Neither of who have a contract for 2019.
I have heard that both Jack Billings and Jack Steven have asked for a trade. I take it all with a grain of salt.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018 2:41pm
DJ Higgins wrote: Mon 03 Sep 2018 4:17pm More rumours. Who said they wanted out or are seeking. A trade? The only ones I have seen are gilbo and Lonie. Neither of who have a contract for 2019.
I have heard that both Jack Billings and Jack Steven have asked for a trade. I take it all with a grain of salt.
Sick of kicking the ball to an empty forward line?
I mean, who has to go, really?

Nee!
The Recruit
Club Player

Not sure those lads would get the same overinflated pay packets the saints are paying them for mediocre football at clubs playing finals.