Actually we live in interesting/exciting times

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Actually we live in interesting/exciting times

We have actually bottomed out. From the end of the first quarter Saturday Richo was finished. He will not coach next year. Now that I accept that I feel a weight off as it means an exciting time ahead. The interesting era (see Chinese curse) is ending. We have a core of very good players with a lot of upside potential. We will get a very good draft pick, probably #2 but #3 at worst (I think BNE will finish above us) and we have a war chest to chase some class. The new coach will flick the deadwood (coincidently identified ad nauseum by us amateurs - imagine a professional eye being cast over the group). The club does not have to rush a coach selection as the 2018 season is done - we were put in terrible positions when Watters and Richo were chosen due to time demands (from memory) - just get it right. It could be like the 2000s GT led evolution and that was a really good journey over all - it was exhilarating at times. We are back at Moorabbin and the new coach will have a plan that maximises our talent and throws out the mindless swarm philosophy. It will be fun to watch it all come together. There is a mouth watering list of coaches available whereas the cupboard was a bit bare last two times we appointed coaches. Anyway that's how I'm coping.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Actually we live in interesting/exciting times

i'm coping by knowing the world cup is about to kick off so who cares about footy for a month!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saynta
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 9:22pm i'm coping by knowing the world cup is about to kick off so who cares about footy for a month!
And who gives a rats about the world cup?

I certainly don't and like I do with the rugby, league and other crap sports on foxtell, I will simply tune into a channel with something interesting on it.

Macrame maybe.

f****** nil all draws. :roll:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I'm that excited I nearly wet myself.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 10:32pm
desertsaint wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 9:22pm i'm coping by knowing the world cup is about to kick off so who cares about footy for a month!

I certainly don't and like I do with the rugby, league and other crap sports on foxtell, I will simply tune into a channel with something interesting on it.

Macrame maybe.

I'll be watching every minute. I love the WC.
Go Aussies!

Nee!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 10:35pm

Macrame maybe.

I'll be watching every minute. I love the WC.
Go Aussies!
I will be watching the one dayer tomorrow night.

Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

My fear is we could all be wrong and it's not Richo who's at fault or that maybe it is but with support he can turn it around (like Hardwick or Bucks)

As a club we have been ruthless to coaches over the years.

Unless we can get Clarkson or Roo's I'm fearful of us appointing another un-tried first time coach

minneapolis
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 10:34pm I'm that excited I nearly wet myself.
Lucky your'e a Fireman cos you would know how to do that!

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Viscount Jeremiah wrote: Tue 12 Jun 2018 10:39pm My fear is we could all be wrong and it's not Richo who's at fault or that maybe it is but with support he can turn it around (like Hardwick or Bucks)

As a club we have been ruthless to coaches over the years.

Unless we can get Clarkson or Roo's I'm fearful of us appointing another un-tried first time coach
The replacement doesnt have to be a first timer - Ratten & Voss are examples. Clarkson, Roos or one of the Scott brothers would be more suited. Crusty the Clown would do a better job than Richo, hence I hold no concerns about employing a 1st time Senior Coach.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

List is no good. No good at all.
Coach is just half the problem.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Macrame maybe.

haha fair enough, each to their own saynta. love the soccer and rugby world cups and any international with the Socceroos or wallabies in it. someone asked me what i'd prefer - a saints flag or us to win the world cup. both seem near impossible in my lifetime so i was torn. probably take the saints flag.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
DJ Higgins
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 1:43pm List is no good. No good at all.
Coach is just half the problem.
fair point but why is the list bad? Who job is it to get them good? improve their skills, the fitness, give them a game plan that works etc.
It is not all the coaches fault fair enough but after so many years you start to run out of excuses of why we aren't playing better.

saint64
Club Player

desertsaint wrote: Thu 14 Jun 2018 2:08pm

Macrame maybe.

W
haha fair enough, each to their own saynta. love the soccer and rugby world cups and any international with the Socceroos or wallabies in it. someone asked me what i'd prefer - a saints flag or us to win the world cup. both seem near impossible in my lifetime so i was torn. probably take the saints flag.
Which one is more likely? A Saints flag or a Socceroos world cup? The Socceroos have almost no hope of ever winning the world cup (Iceland probably have a better chance!) - so, about even then?

spert
Saintsational Legend

Bad enough to watch the Saints floundering, let alone have to put up with soccer crap...might have to head bush for a while

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Have to agree with you there.