quote from the coach

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintkev
Club Player

quote from the coach

"We're really disappointed with what’s happened so far this year; we're not hiding from that. But what is important is that we're all working together to make sure we do what's right going forward." 3AW today

congorozides
Club Player

Re: quote from the coach

saintkev wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 12:20am "We're really disappointed with what’s happened so far this year; we're not hiding from that. But what is important is that we're all working together to make sure we do what's right going forward." 3AW today
LOL
:lol:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ok then

“Yeah….nah””
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Hiding, noun: beating · battering · thrashing · thumping · pounding · pummelling.

Alan loves irony, its so Aussie.

Translation to simple English by Assistant Coach for the Transition from winning games strategist Baldrik "..we are not beating, thrashing, thumping, pounding or pummelling" in fact we are the pummellees. So there.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

saintkev wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 12:20am "We're really disappointed with what’s happened so far this year; we're not hiding from that. But what is important is that we're all working together to make sure we do what's right going forward." 3AW today
So Spineless! drop the Namby Pamby cuddly corporate PC speak rubbish! Get angry!
Then again your are so goooone it’s ridiculous so forget it.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

yeah how did that work for you in the first term Alan?

Try the comedy festival next time.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
spert
Saintsational Legend

AR reminds me of Elmer Fudd, the old cartoon character.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

All very sad really. Breaks my heart actually. Soul destroying, this club at the moment.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Remember the 'crisis' meeting on the Saturday after the North game in Rd 2?
Obviously went well....

loris
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:35am All very sad really. Breaks my heart actually. Soul destroying, this club at the moment.
Yep know the feeling !

I received an SMS from my cousin at the game at three quarter time. She told me that Saints members were just streaming out of the ground. From a near full row of members that sit in her row on level 2 there were only 4 who remained in that row after three quarter time. She said in over 50 years of following the Saints, she has never felt like walking out on them. She said this time she nearly did. She couldn’t identify if it was anger she felt or, deep sadness at seeing her team plummet so low

Yes saynta , it’s truly heart breaking :cry: :cry:

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:35am All very sad really. Breaks my heart actually. Soul destroying, this club at the moment.
Everyone feels the same. Change is a comin.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Friends who left the ground before the end (which they rarely do) tell me that overwhelmingly Sainters were calling for heads to roll. We can't have this situation continuing where rusted on Saints are falling away and losing interest.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

It’s playing out across the supporter base I’m sure. I saw Parkeysainter has posted a thread titled, “Changes for Gold Coast” or something like that.......I was genuinely not interested in opening it or even thinking about it. Have really lost any passion and I found myself thinking, “I hope they get smashed at Carrara”........anything that will change things or bring on the demise of AR. He is a parody of a coach at the moment. Sad!

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:50am
So what does that actually mean Tony?
Is the coach gone?

Nee!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Geez, I hope so mate, I really hope so.

What went wrong, 'cause I don't know. We have the players. I believe Richo there

I know injuries have really hit hard , but

Billings has been just so so in the seniors,but yesterday he was brilliant, so were Atmo, to a lesser extent, Wright.

Billy tried his guts out too.

But put them in the seniors and.........

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

The problem is is that no one cares at the club anymore. 9 goals to 0 in the 1st quarter and this entire season proves that. It was so evident watching the game live on Sat night. I hate to say it, but its true and what suppprters are thinking. Even they are tuning out and not caring anymore.

I've decided already not to watch the Gold Coast game this weekend. I simply don't care anymore and have had enough. I would rather watch Sandy to be honest. At the least the young blokes there just have a crack and play footy.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Just gutless football. What insipid, wretched, gutless, horrible football from the red white and black. Where is the passion? Where is the passion? That first quarter was so disgracefully s***. I'm now angry about it.

Richos corporate rubbish response is so lacking any emotion it is symptomatic of this year.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
saintkev
Club Player

I have become totally immersed in my grandson’s Auskick footy team, the mighty Mountain Lions 🦁 and my granddaughter’s gymnastics 🤸‍♀️. Watching the kids and their friends totally involved and loving what they do is the perfect antidote for my masochistic trait of watching the Saints just going disinterestedly through the motions representing the club I’ve followed for 60 years.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

fugazi wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 12:58pm
Is the coach gone?
If what I’m hearing around the corridors and from very reliable people is true (and I have no reason not to trust these people) when the season begins next year coach, assistants, support staff and admin will be totally different. Jumper and name will be the same. A big,big broom is coming.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 4:55pm
Is the coach gone?
If what I’m hearing around the corridors and from very reliable people is true (and I have no reason not to trust these people) when the season begins next year coach, assistants, support staff and admin will be totally different. Jumper and name will be the same. A big,big broom is coming.
So is the chatter suggesting the problems are not so much the injury list or the numerous players down on form?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Is the coach gone?
thanks itktony thats good to know - but really still only part of the problem
that sort of broad broom will come from board level - are they not also part of the problem...?
...and then the BIG question that no one seems to have an answer for are "some" players down because of coaching -OR- as I believe we really dont have true A graders in the making - it seems to me all of our big next hopes have an obvious minus/flaw to their games

Seeya
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 2:16pm Just gutless football. What insipid, wretched, gutless, horrible football from the red white and black. Where is the passion? Where is the passion? That first quarter was so disgracefully s***. I'm now angry about it.

Richos corporate rubbish response is so lacking any emotion it is symptomatic of this year.
Everything starts with integrity in team selection. Richo has been gutless in team selection

After the North Melbourne match we had 4 changes and 2 were forced changes through injury. This was a marquee game on Good Friday which is a showcase game for our footy club and helps create marketing opportunities for sponsors. After such a dismal performance there needed to be some statements made. The coach should have made examples of those who failed to put their body on the line. Instead of dropping one of our hardest players in Jack Steele, Richo should have dropped the guys who don't give 100%.

If Billings or Gresham or any other player during that match deserved to be dropped, the coach needed to do it after the Good Friday match. Who scored points from set shots and deflated the energy of the team time and time again and who was selfish in front of goal instead of doing the team thing? Who was accountable for Jarrod Waite that day? Who was accountable for Ben Brown that day? Why didn't the coach make a statement that day?

Why wasn't Gilbo, Hickey and Dunstan playing in Rounds 1 and 2? Why keep Gilbo on your list in 2018 if he is playing with Sandringham. In a year where we were supposed to be aiming for finals I would have thought you'd have one of your most experienced blokes playing in the firsts. Billy Longer showed nothing in round 1 that meant he should have kept his spot. Dunstan showed in the JLT and in the last few home and away games in 2017 that he should be in our first 22. Why didn't Richo understand that Dunstan needed to be playing in front of an 18 year old like Hunter Clark or a guy like Armo who had missed so much footy in 2017?

Understanding where you are at (as far as contending or rebuilding) is crucial in as far as team selection is concerned. Richo and his match committe has failed in this area in my opinion, and it goes back to last year and in 2016. Those match committee decisions may have negatively affected development of some players. In the long run it has impacted team results.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Is the coach gone?
Good news - Our only hope is a radical overhaul.

Nee!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 6:36pm
ralphsmith wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 2:16pm Just gutless football. What insipid, wretched, gutless, horrible football from the red white and black. Where is the passion? Where is the passion? That first quarter was so disgracefully s***. I'm now angry about it.

Everything starts with integrity in team selection. Richo has been gutless in team selection

After the North Melbourne match we had 4 changes and 2 were forced changes through injury. This was a marquee game on Good Friday which is a showcase game for our footy club and helps create marketing opportunities for sponsors. After such a dismal performance there needed to be some statements made. The coach should have made examples of those who failed to put their body on the line. Instead of dropping one of our hardest players in Jack Steele, Richo should have dropped the guys who don't give 100%.

If Billings or Gresham or any other player during that match deserved to be dropped, the coach needed to do it after the Good Friday match. Who scored points from set shots and deflated the energy of the team time and time again and who was selfish in front of goal instead of doing the team thing? Who was accountable for Jarrod Waite that day? Who was accountable for Ben Brown that day? Why didn't the coach make a statement that day?

Why wasn't Gilbo, Hickey and Dunstan playing in Rounds 1 and 2? Why keep Gilbo on your list in 2018 if he is playing with Sandringham. In a year where we were supposed to be aiming for finals I would have thought you'd have one of your most experienced blokes playing in the firsts. Billy Longer showed nothing in round 1 that meant he should have kept his spot. Dunstan showed in the JLT and in the last few home and away games in 2017 that he should be in our first 22. Why didn't Richo understand that Dunstan needed to be playing in front of an 18 year old like Hunter Clark or a guy like Armo who had missed so much footy in 2017?

Understanding where you are at (as far as contending or rebuilding) is crucial in as far as team selection is concerned. Richo and his match committe has failed in this area in my opinion, and it goes back to last year and in 2016. Those match committee decisions may have negatively affected development of some players. In the long run it has impacted team results.
All fair comments AFAIC

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I'm still laughing from the North game when the coach said we were complacent because of the good form from the Lions game.

Serious comedy. Champagne comedy this bloke.