Ins and Outs v Gold Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Ins and Outs v Gold Coast

In: Bruce, Billings, Longer, White, Freeman
Out: Hickey, Weller, Lonie, McKenzie

Make it happen Richo...if you're not on Seek.com looking for a new job already.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
stonecold
SS Life Member

Re: Ins and Outs v Gold Coast

parkeysainter wrote: ↑Sun 10 Jun 2018 5:34pm In: Bruce, Billings, Longer, White, Freeman

Jake to come back through the 2nds then?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving πŸ“―πŸ“―πŸ“―πŸ“―πŸ“―
saintbob
SS Life Member

Ins : Billings, Carlisle and Marshall

Outs: McKenzie, Lonie and Weller

Bruce and Freeman after the bye, if they get through unscathed next week.

longtimesaint
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: ↑Sun 10 Jun 2018 5:34pm In: Bruce, Billings, Longer, White, Freeman

Is that a new rule as we have been struggling to let us have 5 on interchange?

One year will be our year
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Can we please make some changes in the middle? We got absolutely destroyed there when the game was on the line. We've been getting beaten there all year. I would much rather see Lonie and Weller line up in forward 50 than the same guys lining up in the centre square.

Keep in mind that Gold Coast are playing a bunch of kids in the middle. They lost the clearances by 18 and the contested possession by, no joke, 51. If we were ever going to ease some guys in, this is the week to do it. If we go with the same ordinary grunts we always do, they'll have a pleasing positive game and we'll be doomed to another month of their blandness after the bye.

If I see 3, 6 and 7 lining up at the first centre bounce next week, I'm going to turn the game off and go clean the bathroom.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
BadRossco
Club Player

Saintbob has almost got it but I would also drop Savage and Brown at miss bring in Joyce and Conellan at least we will have someone who can run out of sight on a dark night. The Irishmen would enjoy the sunshine if nothing else.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Carlisle should replace Brown
Billings needs to come back, and I reckon we need a 2nd ruck, probably Marshall.
I'd drop Savage for Billings and Weller for Marshall

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Think all the outs mentioned (6) are good nominations. That would seem the minimum reaction to what has officially been described as an unacceptable performance. vacuous space's idea also strikes a chord. We need bigger sized and one grab men at the clearances as we either get brushed aside or cannot sustain the close quarter maul work when the ball is contested in the middle; more than three phases and we throw in the towel. A few others not mentioned should probably be put on notice including Newnes. Possibly no reason to ever give Weller, Lonie and Hickey another game.

stkfc1
Club Player

What I want to see

Paton Austin White
Webster Carlise Rice
Billings Ross Bruce
Gresham MacCartin Sinclair
Connellan Membrey Battle
Hickey Steven Dunstan

Coffield Clarke Marshall Freeman

I know a lot of changes and really young/inexperienced team but GC are rubbish so this is the game to roll the dice. White may be injured so Savage keeps his spot or try Joyce

Club Player

In: Billings, Longer, Carlisle, Freeman, Bruce, Armitage
Out: Lonie, Hickey, Brown, McKenzie, McCartin, Weller

saynta
Saintsational Legend

White hurt his knee. Armo nearly a certainty to come back imho.

Carlisle will be an in along with Billings.

I would include Freezer as well plus Longer or Marshall.

Bruce played okay for 4 goals but dropped a number of sitters and kicked one shot at goal badly.

A bit out of touch which is understandable.
Last edited by saynta on Sun 10 Jun 2018 7:26pm, edited 2 times in total.

To the top
SS Life Member

Start with the "Ins"

Carlisle, Billings, Bruce, Freeman, White

Out

Brown, Weller, Savage, McKenzie, Lonie, Steele,
Newnes, Ross

5 "Ins" and "8" "Outs"

Given Roberton, Acres and Long remain unavailable you can pick a further 3 "Ins" from wherever including from those on the "Outs" List - but preferably not

The story I got from yesterday was that we had absolutely no pace in the absence of Steven performing and stood around like witches hats looking at each other - and when we did get the ball Ross typified out disposal woes

So we need skill with pace and endeavour

Obviously the VFL form last night needs to be put into context by the quality of the opposition but if anyone showed skill, pace and endeavour give them a crack to fill the missing 3 "Ins"

Sitting in the Stands on the Tavern side at Lord's was obviously much more enjoyable that being at Docklands!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: ↑Sun 10 Jun 2018 7:21pm Start with the "Ins"

Out

Newnes, Ross

5 "Ins" and "8" "Outs"

Given Roberton, Acres and Long remain unavailable you can pick a further 3 "Ins" from wherever including from those on the "Outs" List - but preferably not

The story I got from yesterday was that we had absolutely no pace in the absence of Steven performing and stood around like witches hats looking at each other - and when we did get the ball Ross typified out disposal woes

Obviously the VFL form last night needs to be put into context by the quality of the opposition but if anyone showed skill, pace and endeavour give them a crack to fill the missing 3 "Ins"

Sitting in the Stands on the Tavern side at Lord's was obviously much more enjoyable that being at Docklands!!
There is no way, Steele, Ross or Newnes will be dropped, nor should there be.

Lonie and Weller yes. Brown and McKenzie maybe.

Rice is obviously playing hurt and may need a rest.

Pity White hurt his knee.

Goddard, Joyce and Connellan played okay today. Wright played better than I thought he could.
Last edited by saynta on Mon 11 Jun 2018 11:25am, edited 1 time in total.

To the top
SS Life Member

And there is the problem.

From the reports I received, the problem was with our one dimensional mid-field BUT, the culprits in Steele and Ross remain so we still have a cumbersome set up including that the lack of pace means the possessions of Steele and Ross are hurried and ineffectual

And, like Newnes who also lacks pace for an outside player, none have an overhead presence.

We have to move past ordinary players.

So, Goddard to full back (on Lynch?) with Carlisle given license to impact the game as and where he sees fit (as Captain)?

And Wright has endeavor and pace to disrupt.

The Irish lads remain on our List, and should be given an opportunity otherwise why are they on the List?

If they have genuine leg speed then that is a positive given what I have heard of yesterday - my sources were absolutely fuming saying players were just standing around with no intention of impacting on the game - and named names, hence the "Outs".

These players were abysmal role models for the youth we currently have in the team.

Anyway, the day beckons.

Interesting that Renshaw made his 3rd hundred of the summer and in quick time

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote: ↑Sun 10 Jun 2018 6:02pm

Oh yeah. Forgot about him. Brown out as well. Carlise in. Maybe Bruce needs another week at Sandy too.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
nw7
Club Player

vacuous space wrote: ↑Sun 10 Jun 2018 6:44pm Can we please make some changes in the middle? We got absolutely destroyed there when the game was on the line. We've been getting beaten there all year. I would much rather see Lonie and Weller line up in forward 50 than the same guys lining up in the centre square.

Keep in mind that Gold Coast are playing a bunch of kids in the middle. They lost the clearances by 18 and the contested possession by, no joke, 51. If we were ever going to ease some guys in, this is the week to do it. If we go with the same ordinary grunts we always do, they'll have a pleasing positive game and we'll be doomed to another month of their blandness after the bye.

If I see 3, 6 and 7 lining up at the first centre bounce next week, I'm going to turn the game off and go clean the bathroom.
Great post. I feel the same way, our mids need a shake up.

derby Street
Club Player

To the top wrote: ↑Sun 10 Jun 2018 8:04pm And there is the problem.

From the reports I received, the problem was with our one dimensional mid-field BUT, the culprits in Steele and Ross remain so we still have a cumbersome set up including that the lack of pace means the possessions of Steele and Ross are hurried and ineffectual

And, like Newnes who also lacks pace for an outside player, none have an overhead presence.

So, Goddard to full back (on Lynch?) with Carlisle given license to impact the game as and where he sees fit (as Captain)?

The Irish lads remain on our List, and should be given an opportunity otherwise why are they on the List?

If they have genuine leg speed then that is a positive given what I have heard of yesterday - my sources were absolutely fuming saying players were just standing around with no intention of impacting on the game - and named names, hence the "Outs".

These players were abysmal role models for the youth we currently have in the team.

Anyway, the day beckons.

Where is Austin going to play??

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

parkeysainter wrote: ↑Sun 10 Jun 2018 8:07pm

Oh yeah. Forgot about him. Brown out as well. Carlise in. Maybe Bruce needs another week at Sandy too.
Now you've got six ins and five outs. Need to drop one more (shouldn't be hard there's probably another half dozen to pick from).

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
derby Street
Club Player

saynta wrote: ↑Sun 10 Jun 2018 7:31pm
To the top wrote: ↑Sun 10 Jun 2018 7:21pm Start with the "Ins"

Out

Newnes, Ross

5 "Ins" and "8" "Outs"

There is no way, Steele, Ross or NAewnes will be dropped, nor should there be.

Lonie and Weller yes. Brown and McKenzie maybe.

Rice is obviously playing hurt and may need a rest.

Pity White hurt his knee.

Goddard, Joyce and Connellan played okay today. Wright played better than I thought he could.
Yes - Lonie, Weller, McKenzie / Savage (omit) Brown (inj) OUT

Billings, Carlisle , ???

Saynta - Is Connellan up to it? Did Bill manage to do anything around the ground possession wise? Where could we squeeze Armo in - he's no value in our forward line, pace is a concern.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

remboy wrote: ↑Sun 10 Jun 2018 8:20pm

Now you've got six ins and five outs. Need to drop one more (shouldn't be hard there's probably another half dozen to pick from).
Nah. Bruce not in yet I reckon. Maybe after the bye as he has missed heaps of footy.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

parkeysainter wrote: ↑Sun 10 Jun 2018 8:29pm
remboy wrote: ↑Sun 10 Jun 2018 8:20pm

Nah. Bruce not in yet I reckon. Maybe after the bye as he has missed heaps of footy.

Fair enough. I think five changes should be the minimum after what we witnessed yesterday.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

derby Street wrote: ↑Sun 10 Jun 2018 8:26pm Saynta - Is Connellan up to it? Did Bill manage to do anything around the ground possession wise? Where could we squeeze Armo in - he's no value in our forward line, pace is a concern.
Ive got the same question for saynta who obviously saw the game
I warming to the idea of having Batttle and Connellan running round in the same forwardline - quick tough a little bit of X and enjoys a goal

Seeya
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

The problems with these changes are that apart from Freeman, we weren't winning when these guys were in the side earlier in the season, so I fail to see how they are magically going to improve us enough to be really competitive on Saturday afternoon on the Gold Coast.
I didn't agree with the dropping of White in the first place so he can come back in, and I agree with the Freeman inclusion. We need to get a look at him at least.
Bruce probably needs another couple of games in the reserves to get his touch back. Instead of Bruce I would bring in Goddard against a team likely to play a very tall forward line of Two Metre Peter, Tom Lynch and Day.
I barrack for the Dolphins and I can tell you that 53 possessions against them, while admirable, is not an accurate indicator of how a player would go against an elite level team, so no Billings this week. It is better that he only gets dropped once, it would be a bit harsh for the guy if he gets dropped twice. Leave him there for a couple more games until he really is fed up and ready to come back into the seniors.
On the ruck situation - no way can you drop Hickey for Longer as lone ruckman. If Billy comes back in we need to promote Marshall as well. Billy for centre and boundary ruck duels, Marshall for the chop out and to drop back into defence or float up forward when required. This probably should have happened in the Sydney game, to be honest.
I would also bring in Connellan and Joyce as their form seems to be consistent, and give Weller and Seb Ross (who looks injured) a rest. This week I would ring in the wholesale changes but with a focus on player development rather than conservative so-called 'safe' change. If we play three first gamers in the same team, the players will all at least be keyed up for the beginning of the game, and hopefully don't give away an 8 or 9 goal lead away before half time again. Remember what happened against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval last season?
We need 16 goals to win this, so AR needs to get creative.
Brown got concussed, so Carlisle straight back in.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

in: new head coach
out: Mr Positive n Pleasing

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the β€πŸ€πŸ–€ and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote: ↑Sun 10 Jun 2018 8:04pm And there is the problem.

Anyway, the day beckons.

Joyce has Judd like qualities and Connellan is as fast as any player I have watch, so I agree with you there.