Saints management. Are you for real

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saints management. Are you for real

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/etiha ... 876d7a2ce1

"OOTY fans at last night’s AFL match at Etihad Stadium were told to use toilets that “best fits your gender identity or expression.’’

In what is believed to be an AFL first, traditional male and female toilets were also marked with signs saying “gender diversity is welcome here”.

It was left up to footy fans to choose which to use based on their “gender identity”.

An additional five toilet blocks usually reserved as disabled or for baby change were declared gender neutral for the Pride clash between St Kilda and Sydney.

Electronic signs pointed patrons to those toilet blocks.

The move sparked heated reaction from fans online, with one saying “the world has totally gone insane’’, while another declared that the AFL should stick to football.

The Sunday Herald Sun requested comment from the league about the changes to the men’s and women’s toilets, but were referred to the St Kilda Football Club.

The Saints, beaten by 71 points last night, said they introduced the gender-diverse toilets after “feedback” from the first match in 2016.

GENDER-NEUTRAL LOOS ARE A WEE BIT CONFUSING

Pride Game founder Jason Ball said it was a “pretty special” thing for the stadium, AFL and clubs to support.

“It is a pretty simple thing that most people take for granted — to be able to use the bathroom — but it is important for the gender diverse, trans or non-binary community to have an option where they feel safe,” he said.

The AFL and St Kilda were heavily criticised by footy fans last night, who labelled the gender-diverse toilets as “politically correct”. “The world has reached peak level stupidity,” one Twitter user wrote.

Another said it had “gone too far”, while a third said they were “not sure what to think about this”.

But Mr Ball said the use of the toilets “doesn’t really affect” those who criticised the signs. “Anyone who is criticising it is still able to use the toilet they want to use,” he said.

“Trans women are women and trans men are men and they’re entitled to use women’s and men’s toilets too.

“No-one is going inside a cubicle with anyone else so a lot of fears are based on some pretty damaging and negative stereotypes about trans people.”

St Kilda first launched the Pride Game in 2016 to support the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer community."

You guys have lost the plot.

How about you concentrate on teaching your young players to actually play the game.
Last edited by saynta on Sun 10 Jun 2018 12:49pm, edited 2 times in total.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints management. Are you for real

firewall

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
sainters85
Club Player

this club is a joke

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if anyone even used them, other than for wheelchair access or to change babies? I'm sure trans-gender people have worked it out which toilet they prefer by now.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Does/Did anyone here watch the ABC tv series Utopia?

Would be great to make a similar sitcom but based on the Saints.

Sometimes you just have to laugh.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Non issue

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

The world has gone f****** PC nuts.

I walked into the chicks toilet and told a fellow chick that I feel like a chick today so I'm using the chick toilets. I told her I would get security if she had an issue with me identifying myself as a chick. She had nothing.

Call me crazy and I had had a few beverages, but after each Saints goal did they put that stupid rainbow flag up on those LED signboards all over the ground. Gee that was deflating to see after a Saints goal. Another PC joke!

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 3:53pmNon issue
I think it kind of is an issue.
If we want to be a community leader on a non footy issue that is fine in itself.

But to be a community leader you need credibility and authority. You need to be good at your day job.

Otherwise it reeks of farce.

Just seems the mgt are out of touch if you ask me. I'd say delusional in relation to their status and standing in the community to be leading on social issues.

Continues a worrying trend at the club of an obsession and disproportionate focus on PR media spin over and above the core basic business.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 4:42pm
If we want to be a community leader on a non footy issue that is fine in itself.

But to be a community leader you need credibility and authority. You need to be good at your day job.

Just seems the mgt are out of touch if you ask me. I'd say delusional in relation to their status and standing in the community to be leading on social issues.

Continues a worrying trend at the club of an obsession and disproportionate focus on PR media spin over and above the core basic business.
I was more talking about the dunnies. Really all toilets should be unisex in 2018, like one of the articles says, no ones going in the cubicles with you. Have a couple of seperate toilets that are just piss troughs for those who don’t want to wait as long. Simple.

Regarding your post, I doubt the business/marketing and football departments have much effect on or much to do with each other. The social media officer isn’t out there also trying to teach the boys how to kick.

So yeah, both non issues for me.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 9:41pm
Con Gorozidis wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 4:42pm

I was more talking about the dunnies. Really all toilets should be unisex in 2018, like one of the articles says, no ones going in the cubicles with you. Have a couple of seperate toilets that are just piss troughs for those who don’t want to wait as long. Simple.

Regarding your post, I doubt the business/marketing and football departments have much effect on or much to do with each other. The social media officer isn’t out there also trying to teach the boys how to kick.

So yeah, both non issues for me.
Oh yeah. A dunny is a dunny.
As long as nobody s*** or piss on the seats I'm happy.

St Lenny
Club Player

As a Member of the St Kilda football Club do we get a say on these issues? No I didn't think so.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sure, let men walk into female toilets. What a great f****** idea. Not. Okay for perverts and sex offenders.

And no self respecting woman is going to want to walk into a male toilet ffs.

Get real.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Got "mr Matt Finnish ex AFL politically correct love child" written all over it
We're in serious troubled times folks and the way forward is dark.

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I’m not a huge fan of causes per say (line up and take a number) but let’s not forget that tolerance is still important.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintkev
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:21pm I’m not a huge fan of causes per say (line up and take a number) but let’s not forget that tolerance is still important.
Percy??

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:21pm I’m not a huge fan of causes per say (line up and take a number) but let’s not forget that tolerance is still important.
I'm all for objecting about intolerance
It's tokenistic objections about intolerance I can't tolerate...

“Yeah….nah””
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:01pm Sure, let men walk into female toilets. What a great f****** idea. Not. Okay for perverts and sex offenders.

Get real.
Love a bit of that 1950s thinking! :roll:

congorozides
Club Player

I could honestly talk all things dunnies day and night.

A great passion of mine.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 12:45am
saynta wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:01pm Sure, let men walk into female toilets. What a great f****** idea. Not. Okay for perverts and sex offenders.

Get real.
I'm with Dud...
Let's have more of that "tokenistic 2050's" type thinking.....
If the AFL want to do something about gender neutral toilets then friggin do it - don't pussy foot around with a "token" feel good toilet change once a year ffs
And while they're at it - I'd like a "red heads only" toilet cause of all those nasty old ginger jokes I copped as a kids growing up.....fork me

“Yeah….nah””
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Get real.
It’s not 50’s thinking. It’s real and valid. What fantasy world you live in ????

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I think all dunnies should be unisex ones.

Women always have to queue at the footy to have a piss, men also but not as much.

If you had massive unisex dunnies rather than the turner smaller single sex ones surely you could fit in some more cubicles?

It’s more about getting the best space utilisation.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
David-Lee
Club Player

<warning for abuse>
Last edited by David-Lee on Tue 12 Jun 2018 10:30am, edited 1 time in total.

chico2001
Club Player

Goin in hard David -Lee but you are spot on. Women wont use unisex toilets and especially at the football--large crowds etc, thats a bad call. Keep it as it is and look after the majority not the minority.

As teflon said , why not have a toilet for "rangas" then if you are going to go down the equality "line"?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Agreed. Garbage idea.
Coming from an organisation that should have sweet FA to do with bothering with that stuff anyway.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 8:35am

Get real.
Says the piece of sh!t. The mainstream opinion is sooooo outdated by you modern geniuses.

I have 4 women in my immediate family. I asked them yesterday if they would use unisex toilets. They all said no. You know why you gutless f@ck? Because they wouldn't feel safe.
The club wants these toilets to make a very small group of people feel safe but my family can go get f@cked. Everyone gets to feel safe....go to the handicapped toilets if you wont use the other ones. I don't care if theres trans toilets but a universal open toilet?

I see you or any man in the toilets with my precious girls, that person will have a new understanding of feeling unsafe. I will do anything, anything to protect them from sex perverts like you. ( because only a pervert would think children shouldn't be safe when most vulnerable). Theres a long line of fathers who feel the same- so whip your c**k out in front my daughter and see how it plays out. Pedo.
Wowee.

Who’s “whipping their c**k out” in front of people? Are u not familiar with what a cubicle is?

Do you have men’s and women’s toilets in your house? That would be ridiculous hey? Read up on the stats who kids are most likely to be abused by.

And if it’s all about protecting kids, look at dismantling the Catholic Church for starters, not whether there’s a dude or chick in the cubicle next to u.

The fabric of society didn’t fall apart after Saturday night, and I haven’t even seen one sexual assault reported yet! :roll:

Decades ago people had to go to the highest court in the land to fight for social rights we now see as obvious, arguing against many of the same ridiculous arguments I see on here.

If creeps want to be creeps, a picture on a door isn’t going to stop them.