At what point does ‘bad form’ become reality

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

At what point does ‘bad form’ become reality

Seriously? How long can we keep saying we have a bunch of players out of form and we should be better? I feel like that window is is fast closing and if something doesn’t change then our ‘form’ is actually just the reality of our list’s capability... and we are fkn putrid.

We are certainly the worst team in the league at the moment.

#1 Ryder fan
Saint wagga
Club Player

Re: At what point does ‘bad form’ become reality

Agree with this sentiment...I really really hope some promising careers aren’t totally ruined by this year. Guys like billings, Gresham, membrey, mccartin...there is a real risk that I’ve ir more if these guys may develop serious long term repercussions in a footy sense from this year...fingers crossed they don’t!!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Seven weeks ago.

This is the new normal.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
The_Merchant
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote:Seriously? How long can we keep saying we have a bunch of players out of form and we should be better? I feel like that window is is fast closing and if something doesn’t change then our ‘form’ is actually just the reality of our list’s capability... and we are fkn putrid.

You obviously haven’t seen too many Carlton, Essendon, Brisbane or Gold Coast games this year. We are not going well, but not the worst team in the comp.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

The_Merchant wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:Seriously? How long can we keep saying we have a bunch of players out of form and we should be better? I feel like that window is is fast closing and if something doesn’t change then our ‘form’ is actually just the reality of our list’s capability... and we are fkn putrid.

You obviously haven’t seen too many Carlton, Essendon, Brisbane or Gold Coast games this year. We are not going well, but not the worst team in the comp.
essendon are as deporable as us, carlton similar, but brisbane have been getting better each week, and the Suns have three wins despite not having played a real home game, so most unfair on them to lump them in with us.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

The_Merchant wrote:

I have and trust me they are better

Also we have the lowest % in the league so regardless of our 1 win 1 draw keeping us just above last we are in fact the worst team

#1 Ryder fan
The_Merchant
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:
The_Merchant wrote:

essendon are as deporable as us, carlton similar, but brisbane have been getting better each week, and the Suns have three wins despite not having played a real home game, so most unfair on them to lump them in with us.
Granted the Suns have had a tough start with travel, but they were horrid in the second half against the dees.
Collingwood kicked 5.15 including 1.6 in the first half yesterday.
Carlton and Essendon are very ordinary.
Brisbane try hard, but we beat them despite playing just as badly as we are now.
The dogs look better than they are because of their draw, they have beaten the bombers, Carlton, Gold Coast and Brisbane.

Yes we are playing ordinary footy, but I think we are definitely not alone. It isn’t going to take much to turn our season around, starting with a big win against the pies this week.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Disagree with the OP. The problem is Richo. Massive disconnect and sfa chemistry between coach and players. No unity, no cohesive trust and they’re playing like it.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Disagree with the OP. The problem is Richo. Massive disconnect and sfa chemistry between coach and players. No unity, no cohesive trust and they’re playing like it.