Fyfe

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kell
Club Player

Fyfe

Having watched the replay a number of times I think Fyfe has a bit to worry about.

Fyfe approaches every contest hard and fast - as he always does. On the occasion Carlisle was on the ground with the ball he has approached the contest with a view ( I suspect) to releasing the ball from the contest by kicking from Carlile’s grasp. I formed this view on the basis that Fyfe is running past rather than into the contest and immediately prior he steps towards the ball and in doing so brings his knee in contact with Carlile’s head. There is an argument for kicking in danger and /or recklessness.

An argument in respect of of recklessness could also be raised in relation to the clash with Seb.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Re: Fyfe

If he didn't get rubbed out in his medal winning year then there is nothing to see here

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Could not agree more. Fyfe was intending to kick the ball. Nothing accidental about it at all. Clear case of kicking in danger.

Then to give a free kick against a semi conscious Carlyle was adding insult to injury,

But can't have the brownlow favorite getting rubbed out. He will have no case to answer.

ace
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:Give a free kick against a semi conscious Carlyle was adding insult to injury,
Umpires need to admit when they make a mistake and then toss the ball up.
But they are coached to never admit to being fallible.

It should have been our free kick for head high contact even if accidental.
At least the umpire did not pay a 50 metre penalty for Carlisle failing to leave the protected area immediately.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

The free against Carslile was offensive.

Fyffe lays with aggression, it's something our payers need to develop.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Was a free to Carlisle...but not reportable against Fyfe IMO

Nee!
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

kell wrote:Having watched the replay a number of times I think Fyfe has a bit to worry about.

Fyfe approaches every contest hard and fast - as he always does. On the occasion Carlisle was on the ground with the ball he has approached the contest with a view ( I suspect) to releasing the ball from the contest by kicking from Carlile’s grasp. I formed this view on the basis that Fyfe is running past rather than into the contest and immediately prior he steps towards the ball and in doing so brings his knee in contact with Carlile’s head. There is an argument for kicking in danger and /or recklessness.

An argument in respect of of recklessness could also be raised in relation to the clash with Seb.

It was a totally reckless act and he should be charged. I don’t give a rats tit if he’s a hard man or whatever, the guy is a f@ckstick!

He comes running in, off the ball, at full pace and surprise surprise there’s a collision to our best players head, knocking him out in the process, taking him out of the game, and seeing a free kick awarded against him FFS!!.

Our reaction to this has been predictably P@SS WEAK!

Richardson was at pains to describe it as “accidental” in his presser, and of course no one on the field, nor off it, says a word.

This club is about as submissive now as I’ve ever seen it, and it’s sickening - the rot set in last year over the Murphy incident and it continues today.

You can see it in everything we do, from recruiting to goal kicking to team selection to discussing the game.

If we had any heart or any balls we’d be baying for blood over this but instead we roll over meakly like the irrelevant rabble that we’ve become.

FFS GET RID OF FINNIS AND RICHARDSON, they are destroying this club!!

Look again it's the Flash!!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:
kell wrote:Having watched the replay a number of times I think Fyfe has a bit to worry about.

It was a totally reckless act and he should be charged. I don’t give a rats tit if he’s a hard man or whatever, the guy is a f@ckstick!

He comes running in, off the ball, at full pace and surprise surprise there’s a collision to our best players head, knocking him out in the process, taking him out of the game, and seeing a free kick awarded against him FFS!!.

Richardson was at pains to describe it as “accidental” in his presser, and of course no one on the field, nor off it, says a word.

This club is about as submissive now as I’ve ever seen it, and it’s sickening - the rot set in last year over the Murphy incident and it continues today.

You can see it in everything we do, from recruiting to goal kicking to team selection to discussing the game.

If we had any heart or any balls we’d be baying for blood over this but instead we roll over meakly like the irrelevant rabble that we’ve become.

“Running in at full pace”?! What game were you watching?? Looks like he saw the ball bobble and tried to poke it out with his foot, and got Carlisle in the head by accident. Umpire can’t award free kicks on video replay, not how it works.

And his bump on Seb was fair, play on, we don’t want to kill that from the game.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:

“Running in at full pace”?! What game were you watching?? Looks like he saw the ball bobble and tried to poke it out with his foot, and got Carlisle in the head by accident. Umpire can’t award free kicks on video replay, not how it works.

And his bump on Seb was fair, play on, we don’t want to kill that from the game.
Good onya Richo!

Look again it's the Flash!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:

Good onya Richo!
Well, he does call himself the dud. :wink: :wink:

felix
Club Player

Fyfe looks like my dear aunty veda.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

It shouldn't be ok to accidentally knee your opponent in the head. Especially when a guy comes in late. Fyfe was not involved in the tackle on Carlisle. He had a duty of care.

Like the 'duck' has said on many occasions, perhaps if it was a nobody they may have looked at it, but because it's Fyfe, the MRP will dismiss it. Many years ago there was another accidental knee to the head from a Freo player that put Jonathan Brown in hospital to mend a few broken bones in his jaw and his eye socket. If there is a duty of care and they want to prevent head injuries with bumping, what's the difference with carelessly entering a tussle on the ground as the third man in?

Club Player

Agree with Duds interpretation- F trying to shin the ball forward, unlucky Carlisle rolled towards him. Accidental though this may not protect against MRP idiocy

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
saynta
Saintsational Legend

6621104 wrote:Agree with Duds interpretation- F trying to shin the ball forward, unlucky Carlisle rolled towards him. Accidental though this may not protect against MRP idiocy
bulls***. Nothing accidental about it at all .

Shin? What shin?
He tried to kick the ball with his boot.

Factor
Club Player

When I watched it live, I thought it was deliberate. And the 20 replays I’ve watched since haven’t changed my opinion. Dog act. He clearly deliberately goes in with his knees. But won’t even get looked at, commentators were falling over themselves “nothing to look at here”. He has the full support of the media who would like nothing more than for him to win the Brownlow.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Factor wrote:When I watched it live, I thought it was deliberate. And the 20 replays I’ve watched since haven’t changed my opinion. Dog act. He clearly deliberately goes in with his knees. But won’t even get looked at, commentators were falling over themselves “nothing to look at here”. He has the full support of the media who would like nothing more than for him to win the Brownlow.
100% correct call.

Tommyj
Club Player

Agree he dropped the knee

noddy04
Club Player

Yep imho he deliberately kneed Jake and should have got a game suspension. They keep telling us the head is "sacrosanct". We were down a player for a lot of the game. Jake may have ran rampant up in our forward line. some of these "superstars" seem to be exempt from the wrath of the MRP.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Agree with you noddy. Anyone who the AFL thinks can win the Brownlow is sacrosanct

congorozides
Club Player

AFL conspiracy holding the Saints back from annual flags.

LOL

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

congorozides wrote: Fri 18 May 2018 2:24am AFL conspiracy holding the Saints back from annual flags.

LOL
Does anyone realize how difficult it would be to deliberately knee a player in the head in a split second and make it look like an accident?
How many of Jake's team mates remonstrated with Fyfe after the incident?
No media outlets questioned the incident, are they all in the AFL's conspiracy as well?

Many of the conspiracy theorists on this site refer to the commentators comments on incidents such as free kicks when they state there is a bias and cheating against the saints from umpires. Why did none of these commentators suggest there was anything untoward in Fyfe's action?

Why didn't the club come out and question the incident?

The fact is these questions will not be able to be answered as they are too rational for the conspiracy theorists on this site to address.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

No conspiracy, but a pretty 50/50 decision...why was Fyfe running into a low contested ball situation upright? If he wasn't aiming to cruise through and accidentally cause some damage, it was at worst an intentional act. Should have at least been fined IMO, much like Greene's kung fu efforts last year, an unnecessarily loose act and Fyfe needs to tighten up his act a bit.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: Fri 18 May 2018 9:58am No conspiracy, but a pretty 50/50 decision...why was Fyfe running into a low contested ball situation upright? If he wasn't aiming to cruise through and accidentally cause some damage, it was at worst an intentional act. Should have at least been fined IMO, much like Greene's kung fu efforts last year, an unnecessarily loose act and Fyfe needs to tighten up his act a bit.
The kicking action at the ball was deliberate, so kicking in danger. The knee to the head was accidental though. Still, I agree with you , it should have been a fine.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 18 May 2018 9:51am
Does anyone realize how difficult it would be to deliberately knee a player in the head in a split second and make it look like an accident?
No one is saying is that Fyfe targeted Carlisle's temple with his knee. Fyfe came into the contest late when a Freo player had already tackled Jake and Jake was already restricted and stationary. Fyfe knew that his legs/hip could potentially make contact.

There are are several head knocks per game which are accidental and no one bats an eyelid, but this was different. What we are saying is that Fyfe had a duty of care because he knew he could inflict injury with his leg/knee/hip on a player on the ground.