Where are the Saint's Money Men???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Where are the Saint's Money Men???

Postby Dave McNamara » Tue 17 Apr 2018 11:43pm

Philanthropy is gaining momentum as a business within the business of Australian football and would be attractive to a struggling club like the Saints who are more than $10 million in debt. Tax-­deductible donations to clubs are providing growing alternative revenue streams, particularly where gaming revenue is decreasing or even non-existent.

Geelong are now debt-free, which includes their financial obligation to GMHBA Stadium, thanks to the raising of $16 million through philanthropy over a 20-month period.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/st-kilda-should-pay-dearly-for-shellacking-by-shinboners/news-story/49e1aa16680f65b75903f6ec397ec243
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps&feature=player_detailpage

Matt Finnis CEO wrote:"St Kilda is an iconic part of Melbourne which has an identifiable attitude and spirit that is really aligned with where we want to take the club. It is grounded but it is aspirational, it is eclectic, everyone belongs, and we say how do we capture that as an identity? It would be a good move on so many levels for the club."
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Where are the Saint's Money Men???

Postby saintspremiers » Wed 18 Apr 2018 8:48am

We most likely have a few very wealthy supporters, but I assume they are reluctant to donate big time due to historically how the club has been run, plus our inability to win a flag.

Gerry Ryan and I think Summers have between them tipped in over a million, and maybe some other big time donars, but not much else.

Look at our low membership numbers (relative to other Vic clubs) - that also indicates possibly a lower number of the super wealthy that support us.
i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Postby Milne » Wed 18 Apr 2018 9:58am

The question is how we got ourselves into so much debt in the first place.

We should put our hand out to the wealthy benefactors to solve our clubs shitty cash flow issues.
Milne
Club Player

Postby Con Gorozidis » Wed 18 Apr 2018 10:04am

Who would give money to incompetents who will waste it?
Rich people are usually rich for a reason and don't like pissing money up against a wall.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Postby stonecold » Wed 18 Apr 2018 10:25am

Con Gorozidis wrote:Who would give money to incompetents who will waste it?
Rich people are usually rich for a reason and don't like pissing money up against a wall.

So, you know for sure St.Kilda FC in incompetent, is that what your saying?????

If so, just a quick question (if I may?????), why do you support an incompetent organisation?????

Just a question, no malice!!!!!

Does this make you a rich person or a poor person, given I believe you are a member and pay for such membership!!!!!
'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!
stonecold
SS Hall of Fame

Postby degruch » Wed 18 Apr 2018 12:00pm

I'm holding out.
SaintPav wrote:It's a cliche now piss off you snot nose ignoramus.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Postby BackFromUSA » Wed 18 Apr 2018 12:52pm

The reality is that the AFL owes us that money. Our game day losses (and those of the Kangas and Bulldogs) paid off Etihad Stadium for years until it was affordable for them to pay off the rest.

As for the super wealthy - we have them BUT what;s in it for them to contribute?
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member

Postby BackFromUSA » Wed 18 Apr 2018 12:52pm

The reality is that the AFL owes us that money. Our game day losses (and those of the Kangas and Bulldogs) paid off Etihad Stadium for years until it was affordable for them to pay off the rest.

As for the super wealthy - we have them BUT what;s in it for them to contribute?
AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2012"
BackFromUSA
SS Life Member

Postby Saint wagga » Wed 18 Apr 2018 1:13pm

BackFromUSA wrote:The reality is that the AFL owes us that money. Our game day losses (and those of the Kangas and Bulldogs) paid off Etihad Stadium for years until it was affordable for them to pay off the rest.

Whats in it for them...tax deducations!
Saint wagga
Club Player

Postby repta » Wed 18 Apr 2018 1:27pm

Philanthrophy is not a business plan. The club need to be self sufficient (it is not a charity).

My suggestion next time (if they ever do get one) we play on the big stage (eg Good Friday) the players show up. It needs to be drilled into them ... its the biggest game of the year .... a final outide September .... An honour to play ...... etc etc.

And not accept "we were abit flat today" ..... WTF ???? If you arent going to get up for the big stage give up now.

Have you ever heard a Collingwood or Essendon player mention anything remotely like that after or before Anzac Day?

Talk it up, build it up, play it up and the support will come.

Once the support is secured the finances take care of themselves.

Does it really need to be said?
repta
Club Player

Postby sunsaint » Fri 20 Apr 2018 3:20pm

stonecold wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Who would give money to incompetents who will waste it?

So, you know for sure St.Kilda FC in incompetent, is that what your saying?????

If so, just a quick question (if I may?????), why do you support an incompetent organisation?????

Just a question, no malice!!!!!

Does this make you a rich person or a poor person, given I believe you are a member and pay for such membership!!!!!

Come now stone cold - you're an intelligent man that's an assumption, no malice
There are many reasons humans make bad decisios and justify irrational behaviour or thought
Brainwashing, indoctrination, religion of cult Stockholm syndrome, attachment theory (Harlow experiments)
Most of us here are afflicted in varying degrees
Seeya
Sunsaint
sunsaint
SS Life Member

Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Postby sunsaint » Fri 20 Apr 2018 3:21pm

If the saints can wait a bit longer - I'm sure there will something bequeathed in Molly's estate
Seeya
Sunsaint
sunsaint
SS Life Member

Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Postby whiskers3614 » Fri 20 Apr 2018 3:24pm

sunsaint wrote:If the saints can wait a bit longer - I'm sure there will something bequeathed in Molly's estate

Elton’s wig?? :cry:
whiskers3614
SS Life Member

Postby saynta » Fri 20 Apr 2018 3:52pm

Tough choice . Do I leave my millions to my wife 6 kids and 11 grandkids or to the Saints?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Postby Enrico_Misso » Sun 22 Apr 2018 12:32am

Maybe Lindsay Fox will leave us 6 cents in each dollar of his estate?
"Understand that you are all custodians of the St Kilda Football Club...you are responsible for making the difficult decisions to make this Club great. Those decisions will not always be popular, for popular decisions are easily made - but those that will truly make us great are those that challenge us most." - Allan Jeans as told to Chris Pelchen 2012.
Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend

Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

Postby St. Paul » Sun 22 Apr 2018 12:43am

Has been giving money to Carlscum for years. Must be for his business mates for an advantage, rather than any long lost attachment to the saints. It's a pity. He would be the perfect benefactor behind the scenes, but I'm informed he hasn't contributed anything to us in decades.
"For when I am powerless, then I am strong."
St. Paul
Club Player

Postby jonesy » Sun 22 Apr 2018 1:15pm

His son is a big fan still, so there's hope..
Bring back the Lockett era
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)