Saints v bears match thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigDazzaB
Club Player

Re: Saints v bears match thread

Loved Billings' game. I reckon he might be our next AA Small forward

If he kicks straight this year, anything is possible with him.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Must admit for the first 2 and 3/4 quarters I thought our skills were just deplorable. However, the ability to come back from being down by 2 goals and get in front again for the start of the 4th was really encouraging. We then seemed to be full of run in the last and Brisbane looked stuffed. For the first game , I saw this as a positive. Billings admitted himself that he was lacking match fitness. So I went from being concerned that our skills were still awful, to being quietly confident that there was positives to come out of the game. Of course winning the first game is just a great start to the season. Lets all get to etihad good friday as North will be feeling the effects of playing in those disgraceful conditions.

oh when the
Club Player

We did win 3 qtrs of footy
Despite the poor play

dragit
Saintsational Legend

If Longer is our best option then we need to keep recruiting ruckmen… not only was he absolutely flogged in hitouts, Martin was playing like an extra midfielder around the ground. 44 - 27 clearances makes it pretty hard to win.

It was great to get a win on the board, but at times yesterday you felt like Brisbane have more to get excited about than us.

Paddy, Sinclair and Steele were all pretty disappointing. Billings, Acres and Gresham exciting again.

Good to see Long getting more experience, I don't think we lost anything by replacing Weller with Long yesterday and we have a lot more to gain long term if he comes on.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

1. Paddy is still a kid that hasn't even played 50 games yet. He is developing.
2. Longer got smashed and well beaten. That is why we got beaten so badly at stoppages. We need a new ruckman in 2019.
3. Long was good. He provides defensive pressure, is skilled and fast. We need that in the side.
4. Acres, Billing and Gresham have become men. They are turning A grade.
5. Geary was poor yesterday on occasions and gave away goals from mistakes.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:
saynta wrote:
The_Dud wrote:
saynta wrote:Anyone saying this game is being umpired fairly knows jack s*** about AFL rules.
:roll:
Yes, that means you Rolly eyes.
I get the feeling you’re one of those experts who screams ‘baaaaaall’ at every single tackle :roll:
Wrong again dud one.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:Take out Jack Steven and Billings and we lose that game.
Take Martin out of the Richmond team and they finish bottom 6 this year and last year, so what's your point?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:Take Martin out of the Richmond team and they finish bottom 6 this year and last year
And Rance.

We’d have a more even list, not so dependant on any one player (though we’d have some trouble covering Steven). That’s not a bad place to be, really.

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

parkeysainter wrote: 5. Geary was poor yesterday on occasions and gave away goals from mistakes.

Absolute rubbish 27 disposals at 85%. I would love you to take us through his poor play that led to goals.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

terry smith rules wrote:
parkeysainter wrote: 5. Geary was poor yesterday on occasions and gave away goals from mistakes.

Absolute rubbish 27 disposals at 85%. I would love you to take us through his poor play that led to goals.
Said he was poor on occassions. He didn't have too bad a game overall.

1. He jumped and tapped the ball in the back pocket to no one. Think Charlie Cameron swooped on it or got a handball for a left foot snapped goal in 1st qtr.
2. Kicked it straight to a Lions player a few metres away up the other end as he was coming out of defence. Christensen nailed it.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
BigDazzaB
Club Player

Not the worst review I've read.