Jamie Cripps

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jamie Cripps

Don’t know why but I’m kind of with the OP.

The reality is the kid has had an impressive career, achieved success and their is absolutely no doubt regarding whether he deserves to be there.

If he has one elite quality, it appears to be ability to read the play and position himself accordingly. Even from his Saints days... always seemed to be standing where the ball lands

All of that said... his leaving didn’t bother me st the time and doesn’t now. Has just always struck me as a player that looks good in a winning team and is a player in a good team.
Don’t know that he’d be a good contributor in an average team

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Didn’t want to be there. Total sook. Players didn’t like him at all.
P.S. Either did I.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

B.M wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 12:51amNo photo
Surely someone should have found one by now lol.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
spert
Saintsational Legend

A classic front-runner..looks good in a strong team.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

spert wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 1:10pm A classic front-runner..looks good in a strong team.
An example of that would be a player like Sharod Wellingham or Chris Dawes.

Don’t think it applies to Cripps. He looked pretty good in his first year with us and that was when we had that disastrous start to 2011.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Id much rather his cousin. Much better person and footballer.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 1:10pm A classic front-runner..looks good in a strong team.
Yeah very much in the Barry Young Hefernan Blumfield mould.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
damienc
Club Player

IluvHarvey wrote: Sat 16 Sep 2017 9:36pm Is anyone really upset Jamie left us?
Some players who have left you see playing and think "oh god we can do with them now" (Hello Tom Lynch)
But personally I have never felt that way about Cripps.
I know what you mean. Was thinking the same thing about him and Hickey.

Don't regret losing them but.......

Both are playing finals footy which they never would had they stayed.

saint64
Club Player

Ellaandjohn wrote: Sun 17 Sep 2017 10:14am
saintbrat wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:Is anyone really upset Jamie left us?
Some players who have left you see playing and think "oh god we can do with them now" (Hello Tom Lynch)
No.

I'm a bit upset they got rid of Hutchins so early (one year as a rookie and then he had hip operations on both hips I think.

It goes to show that our recruiters sometimes have no idea. Hutchins was picked up in the same draft as Nicholas Winmar and they had Winmar on the main list, spent two years with us and played 2 games. Right away you could see Hutchins was the better player but not the development department. Where's Winmar now dickheads? :roll:
Incorrect on Hutchins he was not committed to AFL at the time and only after spending 1 or 2 years at loca l WAFL decided to renominate
He was very committed. No idea why anyone would think otherwise. On Cripps has been a good afl player and played many games and was always getting a game under 4 different coaches. No star but I think most players would love his career. Like all smalls forwards looks ordinary when tge side struggles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I met Hutchins when he was on our list. He participated in a training session the Western Saints put on for some of the junior Saints supporters over here in the West. I was quite impressed with his attitude at the time. He seemed to me to be very committed.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

His kicking was unusually poor on Thursday night, however he nailed two shots from near the boundary around 50m.

I’m struggling to think of any of our players who would even attempt those shots, let alone kick them.

Maybe Ben Long, Bruce on a good day?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

tony74 wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 11:47am Didn’t want to be there. Total sook. Players didn’t like him at all.
P.S. Either did I.
I think he was quoted as saying that he discovered he had diabetes, a week or two before draft day, and was scared he'd miss out- and didn't tell us until AFTER being drafted.
He further said our medicos gave him great support, etc, but he got homesick for Perth later.

He was 17-18 at the draft?
I work with teens, and geez they're immature, esp Perth ones, and have no idea about anything.
The 'sook' thing?
I've lived in Perth since 98, geez 'sook' is a strong Perth trait.
Biggest whingers and moaners in the country, Perth folk.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
ChookNite

From memory he kicked a goal each (if not most) games he played for us from debut. 100 game premiership player speaks for itself.
Whatever your opinions of him, he was our 1st round pick, who left for inadequate compensation (can't argue with that at the time) because he was homesick, wasting our investment.
*** But most disgustingly, turning his back on us when we gave him Banger's guernsey 😠 I don't think you could insult us anymore than that. And credit to Roo for noting it everytime he walked past him.

1965 Saint
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2019 11:18pm
tony74 wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 11:47am Didn’t want to be there. Total sook. Players didn’t like him at all.
P.S. Either did I.
I think he was quoted as saying that he discovered he had diabetes, a week or two before draft day, and was scared he'd miss out- and didn't tell us until AFTER being drafted.
He further said our medicos gave him great support, etc, but he got homesick for Perth later.

I work with teens, and geez they're immature, esp Perth ones, and have no idea about anything.
The 'sook' thing?
All you do is pan Perth Wellard Saint. Sad f.....r. Why don’t you f... off back to Melbourne <edited by mods>..

<1 day ban for abuse / commenting negatively on a poster>

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Be nice if there were a few gun Mummys boys that would like to come home to the Peninsula

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 11:22am Don’t know why but I’m kind of with the OP.

The reality is the kid has had an impressive career, achieved success and their is absolutely no doubt regarding whether he deserves to be there.

If he has one elite quality, it appears to be ability to read the play and position himself accordingly. Even from his Saints days... always seemed to be standing where the ball lands

All of that said... his leaving didn’t bother me st the time and doesn’t now. Has just always struck me as a player that looks good in a winning team and is a player in a good team.
Don’t know that he’d be a good contributor in an average team
He was good for us from the get-go. Kicking goals each week in an average team. Very consistently accurate in front of goal. Would have been very handy. BOG and four goals in a finals match doesn't surprise me at all.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Fri 06 Sep 2019 2:05pm
IluvHarvey wrote: Sat 16 Sep 2017 9:36pm Is anyone really upset Jamie left us?
I know what you mean. Was thinking the same thing about him and Hickey.

Don't regret losing them but.......

Both are playing finals footy which they never would had they stayed.
I regret losing Hickey too - now we are chasing Paddy Ryder at 32, and off the back of a poor season too. Amateur hour.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Special
Club Player

I just hope he can help WCE beat Geeelong and then Richmond so I’ve got a chance at getting a seat at the MCC members

B.M
Saintsational Legend

How’s he going tonight... when his team is not dominating in Perth

Love to know how many of his good games are in Perth where the Eagles are dominating?

He’ had a better career than I thought he’d have after watching him on the wing in the VFL. He was an absolute squib!
Yes, his team mates didn’t like him, because he rated himself, and was soiling about not getting a game and his team mates and coaches didn’t

Ended up finding a home as a small forward, couldn’t cut it higher up the ground.

johnnyrayflamingo
Club Player

Frontrunner. Down hill skier.

😎
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

P.S. Either did I.

The 'sook' thing?
Look at the demographics Perth has had a lot of English and privledged white African immigrants over the last 100 years.

Darth Vader
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 13 Sep 2019 11:51pm
P.S. Either did I.

The 'sook' thing?
Look at the demographics Perth has had a lot of English and privledged white African immigrants over the last 100 years.
In other words, the most successful demographic in history. Fail to see the relevance to his personal traits.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Fri 13 Sep 2019 10:56pm How’s he going tonight... when his team is not dominating in Perth

Love to know how many of his good games are in Perth where the Eagles are dominating?

Seven goals against Collingwood and Richmond at the MCG this year.

Averages 1.3 goals per game in Perth and 1.4 in Melbourne.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Fri 13 Sep 2019 10:56pm How’s he going tonight... when his team is not dominating in Perth

He’ had a better career than I thought he’d have after watching him on the wing in the VFL. He was an absolute squib!
Yes, his team mates didn’t like him, because he rated himself, and was soiling about not getting a game and his team mates and coaches didn’t

Ended up finding a home as a small forward, couldn’t cut it higher up the ground.
What a silly post.

It’s a pity you stick to silly opinions like the one berating him before playing a game for the Saints because he didn’t have a photo on the website you were following.

Very very sad this is.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sat 14 Sep 2019 12:47am

Seven goals against Collingwood and Richmond at the MCG this year.

Averages 1.3 goals per game in Perth and 1.4 in Melbourne.

Good stats these.

But it’s not even a debate anymore. Consensus in the industry is that he is a very good player.

Finals, non finals. Perth or away.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Played well tonight