Paddy Concussed

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Paddy Concussed

WellardSaint wrote:
CURLY wrote:
BigMart wrote:What am I lying about?

The fact I was there

That I was standing next to Spud

It happened right on front of the coaches box

Not sure why I'd lie, or why you'd accuse someone of that when you have no evidence of such a thing?
The rubbish you post about Paddy what is it did he kick a bag on you or something? You simply just lie.
stop playing the man.
At least BigMart went to the game and gave us some important info about Steele/Freezer/Marshall
Some of us appreciate the effort
( I live in Perth so Linen House is a bit of a hike for me, I can't go)
Not when he just posts things that aren't true.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
CURLY wrote:

The fact I was there

Not sure why I'd lie, or why you'd accuse someone of that when you have no evidence of such a thing?
The rubbish you post about Paddy what is it did he kick a bag on you or something? You simply just lie.
stop playing the man.
At least BigMart went to the game and gave us some important info about Steele/Freezer/Marshall
Curly.
Are you nitpicking over whether BM was three or six metres from the incident?
Is that the great 'lie' you are up in arms over?

I think BM is closer to reality than most.

Every chance Paddy won't make it past 50 AFL games.

SuperSaint
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Please don't mention Lockett and McCartin in the same sentence, post, thread, forum please

Lockett was 21 in 1987

Not sure Paddy will kick a hundred this season, win the b&f, the Brownlow or even play much more senior footy this year.

Lockett was fat, yes
But he wasn't slow!

That's right. Comparing the two at the same age is bordering on delusional and frankly, an insult to Lockett for those that were privileged to see him at the same age or younger. Lockett was immensely talented, deceptively fast, powerful and virtually unstoppable. From memory, he kicked 7 goals against Essendon early in the 1983 season which was his second year at the club. I think he had only turned 17 a couple of weeks earlier. If Paddy has 10% of Lockett's talent, he would be a regular senior player already.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
CURLY wrote:

The fact I was there

stop playing the man.
Curly.
Are you nitpicking over whether BM was three or six metres from the incident?
Is that the great 'lie' you are up in arms over?

I think BM is closer to reality than most.

Every chance Paddy won't make it past 50 AFL games.
I couldn't care less if he was there or not. His continual bagging of Paddy is tiresome to be honest given most is just not true.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think with current medical thinking on concussion we may need to prepare for the slight possibility that Paddy's AFL career will be cut short at some stage in the next 2 years.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sat 24 Jun 2017 8:52pm, edited 3 times in total.

Junior
Club Player

Bigmart is spot on terrible technique.

There was only going to be one result from his action and that was a head knock, he has no fear but at what stage does it just become dumb.

Problem is that it would be hard to change your natural instinct, really feel for the kid and fear for his health.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
CURLY wrote:

The fact I was there

stop playing the man.
What proof do you have that BM is lying Curly?

The same proof you have when you write that umpires deliberately cheat against St Kilda.

I reckon you got the name Curly because you are definitely a stooger!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
CURLY wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
CURLY wrote:

The fact I was there

stop playing the man.

The same proof you have when you write that umpires deliberately cheat against St Kilda.

Only that he goes against 18 AFL Clubs recruiters and talent scouts AFL wide that's why. Its agenda driven nothing more.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Con Gorozidis wrote:I think with current medical thinking on concussion we may need to prepare for the slight possibility that Paddy's career is finished early.
+1000

Paddy's had 5 concussions
he keeps on getting them, and he won't ever reach 50 games
I really hope I'm wrong
and as Richo says, "he will be a very good player for us for a long time"
but I cannot see it happening

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:These opposition players need to stop being a bunch of Paddy whackers
Very Good :D :D

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
SuperSaint
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
CURLY wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
CURLY wrote:

The fact I was there

stop playing the man.

Only that he goes against 18 AFL Clubs recruiters and talent scouts AFL wide that's why. Its agenda driven nothing more.
Curly, I think he bleeds when he posts (like all of us) when it is a less favourable comment about a player. Paddy is trying hard and we all want him to succeed but BigMart is stating the bleeping obvious. Paddy does not show the ability or footy smarts of a No. 1 pick and continues to struggle at a time where he should be showing a hell of a lot more than what he is producing. Facts are fact. The problem is our recruiters took a less informed chance on a kid who was not touted as the best talent in the draft by all except for our club. To make matters worse, he has the spotlight on him and stigma of being the No. 1 from the media and all and this has put even more pressure on him. I blame our recruiters for the predicament with Paddy. As much as all of us want him to come good, his talent is really not that special and too often we get reminded of this when watching him closely.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, Paddy kicked a bag on me... yep that's it

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
CURLY wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
CURLY wrote:

The fact I was there

stop playing the man.

Curly, I think he bleeds when he posts (like all of us) when it is a less favourable comment about a player. Paddy is trying hard and we all want him to succeed but BigMart is stating the bleeping obvious. Paddy does not show the ability or footy smarts of a No. 1 pick and continues to struggle at a time where he should be showing a hell of a lot more than what he is producing. Facts are fact. The problem is our recruiters took a less informed chance on a kid who was not touted as the best talent in the draft by all except for our club. To make matters worse, he has the spotlight on him and stigma of being the No. 1 from the media and all and this has put even more pressure on him. I blame our recruiters for the predicament with Paddy. As much as all of us want him to come good, his talent is really not that special and too often we get reminded of this when watching him closely.
Listen to yourself and think about what your posting. If Paddy didn't go at one he would have gone two. 18 AFL clubs plus every draft expert thought that before the draft. Paddy displays every trait a key forward needs to succeed he just needs game time and continual games. He hasn't magically lost his ability, smarts or any of the other aspects of his game that made him a clear top two in the draft.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The fact I was there

I generally enjoy your posts BM, but you are lying. It didn't happen right in front of the coaches box. It was at least 15 metres left of the Sandy interchange bench almost right in front of me.

If you were next to Spud by the coaches box you couldn't have seen it, the interchange shelter is in the way. However your description of it is spot on, so I presume you were not standing next to Spud at that moment.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

None of this is Paddy's fault.
Everyone wants him to succeed and he seems like a good bloke.

But at some point the spotlight will shine on Elshaugh....

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:
Listen to yourself and think about what your posting. If Paddy didn't go at one he would have gone two. 18 AFL clubs plus every draft expert thought that before the draft. Paddy displays every trait a key forward needs to succeed he just needs game time and continual games. He hasn't magically lost his ability, smarts or any of the other aspects of his game that made him a clear top two in the draft.
How does anyone actually know this?
Have you surveyed all other 17 clubs?
This is just urban myth. Probably spread as PR spin by our own club.
It certainly hasnt been verified.
The truth is none us have any idea what the other 17 clubs truly, privately thought.

But dont let the truth get in the way of a good story.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:
How does anyone actually know this?
Have you surveyed all other 17 clubs?
This is just urban myth. Probably spread as PR spin by our own club.
It certainly hasnt been verified.
The truth is none us have any idea what the other 17 clubs truly, privately thought.

But dont let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Every report we read or heard had it down to Paddy or Pettracca let's no rewrite history to make your opinion have merit. Like I posted he's lost none of the traits that got him there just needs games.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Question is though

If 17 other clubs had pick 1 as we did

Would they have taken him???

Bernard, it happened on the HFF goalside of the Sandy coaches box about a handball distance from the boundary

I was standing 5m to the side of the coaches box on the fence.

Spud was on the hill behind the coaches box talking to Turtle, Welsh and theStk club doc

Pretty sure I don't have to explain much more... I moved back from the fence after the incident and stood near the coaches box to hear the outcome of the incident.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Every report we read or heard had it down to Paddy or Pettracca let's no rewrite history to make your opinion have merit. Like I posted he's lost none of the traits that got him there just needs games.
"Every Report' simply means one person reported it and 1,000 journos copied it.

Unless someone surveyed the private opinions of all 17 clubs recruiting staff then noone really knows.
Just typical AFL media crap.
One person reports something and then everyone repeats it as if its true. Doesnt make it true.

Ive heard plenty of reports saying that privately lots of recruiters thought the Saints were nuts at the time.

It is no wonder we recruited Battle. I suspect the club is already privately looking to cover its ass.

Personally, I would take Geelong's pick ~15 for him in a heart-beat.

If he turns in to Tom Hawkins you can all mock me mercilessly but I think that is a very remote possibility.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sat 24 Jun 2017 9:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

And Brayshaw

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:
"Every Report' simply means one person reported it and 1,000 journos copied it.

Unless someone surveyed the private opinions of all 17 clubs recruiting staff then noone really knows.
Just typical AFL media crap.
One person reports something and then everyone repeats it as if its true. Doesnt make it true.

Ive heard plenty of reports saying that privately lots of recruiters thought the Saints were nuts at the time.

It is no wonder we recruited Battle. I suspect the club is already privately looking to cover its ass.
He was rated top two why are arguing anything different? Just odd to suggest this wasn't the case. His skill set got him there and he hasn't magically lost that.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:And Brayshaw
Forgot about him.

Marchbank, De Goey, Lever and Wright all look like better bets.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
BigMart wrote:And Brayshaw
Forgot about him.

Marchbank, De Goey, Lever and Wright all look like better bets.
Only because they've played games in s row and I wouldn't be happy with any of those at one over Paddy.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Paddy Like Kosi has had some bad luck

But I have little evidence of this incredible vice like marking I hear about?

I've seen him fumble and drop marks, and often two grabs them
He can take a catch, although as a #1 I expect him to take most catches

He did in Juniors, he was a heavy kid (relative) and used that to advantage
In the AFL strength is equalled by most
He can't get separation, he can't give multiple leads (unfit)
Is a poor kick

Not sure his upside??? (for such a huge investment)

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Paddy Like Kosi has had some bad luck

But I have little evidence of this incredible vice like marking I hear about?

I've seen him fumble and drop marks, and often two grabs them
He can take a catch, although as a #1 I expect him to take most catches

He did in Juniors, he was a heavy kid (relative) and used that to advantage
In the AFL strength is equalled by most
He can't get separation, he can't give multiple leads (unfit)
Is a poor kick

Not sure his upside??? (for such a huge investment)
Yeah all the recruiters missed this did they?

FFS he's played 20 games rarely in a row he took 15 against Carlton playing CHF in the pre season looked unstoppable. He needs games and in a row.