Where are all the Lyontologists?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Re: Where are all the Lyontologists?

“fluff bunnies” - the lot of them.
Cryptic enough?

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 09 Apr 2020 9:10am Yep. Good work

Matches as in ‘to light’ rather than matches as in ‘sport/footy contest’

takeaway and Spinner and Steven can continue believing what they want and speculating that some of the posters like myself ‘changed’ our position only after we lost 2009. We’re not all sheep. Some of us are capable of being objective while still supporting most of the decisions by the StKFC and it’s officials.

I’m not going to change anyone’s mind or educate fundamentalists who believe in myths/religion/messiahs and what not...so f*** em!!
Yes, fairly straightforward question. Asiu understood the meaning immediately and came back with a clever Python reference.

I assumed by your statement "he deserves to be recognised as a very good coach in his AFL career" meant you were one of those "Lyontologists" .... not correct?

The vast majority of people when asked a word association with "matches" would say "fire" or "burn" particularly as the word burn was stated, even on a football forum. The fact that your only thought was football "matches" is interesting. As indicated clearly in your reply to Secret Kiel, you watch a lot of football and many many football shows .... maybe too many football shows, where they tell you what they want you to hear, often have an agenda, have masses of essentially meaningless stats? A respectful suggestion - cut down the shows, take little heed of the stats, watch the match yourself (sound is better on) , and make up your OWN mind.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

You started that second paragraph with I "assumed" and then you went on to ask if I was a Lyontologist

I was right when I called you a dummie and a nuff nuff

I don't listen to Gerard Whately, Luke Darcy or Brian Taylor to form my opinions. I use knowledge and information from people I respect and former players with lots of credibility. And I have gad several years over the last 20-30 where I've watched nearly every game each round. Yes I watch a lot of footy.

As far as your quipps about the tv and 'sound' turned off, why don't you think of something original ya dummie
Last edited by Scollop on Thu 09 Apr 2020 12:23pm, edited 3 times in total.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Thu 09 Apr 2020 12:00pm You started that second paragraph with I "assumed" and then you went on to ask if I was a Lyontologist

Well, at the risk of another bout of creeping determinism, are you a Lyontologist or not?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

oh ffs

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Thu 09 Apr 2020 12:03pm
Scollop wrote: Thu 09 Apr 2020 12:00pm You started that second paragraph with I "assumed" and then you went on to ask if I was a Lyontologist

Well, at the risk of another bout of creeping determinism, are you a Lyontologist or not?
I joined the forum in 2011 after being a reader for a few years. Read my first 1000 posts and make up your own mind

samoht
Saintsational Legend

fluff-bunny
Noun. A fluff-bunny is somebody who claims to be of a religion they think is maligned (such as Paganism or Lyontology) simply so that they have a reason to bitch and moan, partictularly about Paganism or Lyontology.
Person 1: You can't talk to me like that! You're being mean just because I'm a Lyontologis!
Person 2: ...No, I'm being mean because you're a weepy fluff-bunny!

so fluff-bunnies are not real believers ...
Last edited by samoht on Thu 09 Apr 2020 12:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Stone deaf: slang, probably from earlier use in phrases like stone blind (c. 1375, lit. "blind as a stone"), stone deaf, etc., from stone (n.). and to the later adaptation (c. 2020, lit. TV with no sound), "soundless TV", "dumb TV, etc.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Sam

asiu
Saintsational Legend

the other reference was a Cheech ‘n Chong classic

"Hey man, wanna go chase some cars and get high on the exhaust?"

"Naw, man, that stuff'll give you brain damage."

"Brain damage from car exhaust?"

"Naw, man, brain damage from getting your head run over by the rear wheels."

and obviously ,
the under use of weed in society
is screamingly self evident

takeaway
Club Player

I don't listen to Gerard Whately, Luke Darcy or Brian Taylor to form my opinions. I use knowledge and information from people I respect and former players with lots of credibility. And I have gad several years over the last 20-30 where I've watched nearly every game each round. Yes I watch a lot of footy.

As far as your quipps about the tv and 'sound' turned off, why don't you think of something original ya dummie
So with your now edited post, you watch a match, sound either on or off, possibly on a curved TV, and then ask the people you respect for knowledge and information on what the hell the match was about, to gain your opinions? Wow.

As for reading your first 1000 posts, er ..... I'll give that a miss thanks. I enjoy football.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

asiu wrote: Thu 09 Apr 2020 12:26pm the other reference was a Cheech ‘n Chong classic

"Hey man, wanna go chase some cars and get high on the exhaust?"

"Naw, man, that stuff'll give you brain damage."

"Brain damage from car exhaust?"

"Naw, man, brain damage from getting your head run over by the rear wheels."

and obviously ,
the under use of weed in society
is screamingly self evident
Hey man, if we ain't got it, you don't want it.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway,
Ignorance is bliss and... As Con used to say...You're far too experienced than me at winning an argument when it doesn't involve any logic or intelligence
Last edited by Scollop on Thu 09 Apr 2020 12:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

If you can't hear it, you don't understand it.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

scollop is an astute observer of the game, who makes up his own mind about things - and if he chooses to turn off or turn down inane commentary, good on him.

I'm pretty sure we've all done the same.

What's strange here is - that you'd think what he does is strange - or just pretending it.

I think we're just bored out of our minds at the moment ... and it's a nice day outside.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

samoht wrote: Thu 09 Apr 2020 12:36pm scollop is an astute observer of the game, who makes up his own mind about things - and if he chooses to turn off or turn down inane commentary, good on him.

I'm pretty sure we've all done the same.

What's strange here is - that you'd think what he does is strange - or just pretending it.

I think we're just bored out of our minds at the moment ... and it's a nice day outside.
How can there be boredom with a gift that keeps on giving...but I take your point.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

You know you're bored sh!tless when you start a thread about Ross Lyon.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

SAINT-LEE wrote: Thu 09 Apr 2020 11:37pm You know you're bored sh!tless when you start a thread about Ross Lyon.
Geez, I just read through 10 pages and thought we were talking about Gary :shock:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Fri 10 Apr 2020 10:28am
SAINT-LEE wrote: Thu 09 Apr 2020 11:37pm You know you're bored sh!tless when you start a thread about Ross Lyon.
Geez, I just read through 10 pages and thought we were talking about Gary :shock:
Well, I actually like them both....Ross the Boss was a great coach in the respect of building team cohesion, the players loved him. He had many faults for sure.

Gazza, was a hell of a player, decent commentator, sh!thouse best friend.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Lyon is an outstanding coach with the right players. In 2013 he did a great job with Fremantle and they should have won the Grand Final. Unfortunately for him, luck which plays a huge part on Grand Final day went against him. For all the conspiracy theorists out there who don't think he is a great coach then maybe you should take your head out of the sand. Seriously he should have had multiple flags. At least 2 at St Kilda and if he had, he would never have left. That would have been a fact. Unfortunatley for us a toe poke changed the course of history.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Fri 10 Apr 2020 4:11pm Lyon is an outstanding coach with the right players. In 2013 he did a great job with Fremantle and they should have won the Grand Final. Unfortunately for him, luck which plays a huge part on Grand Final day went against him. For all the conspiracy theorists out there who don't think he is a great coach then maybe you should take your head out of the sand. Seriously he should have had multiple flags. At least 2 at St Kilda and if he had, he would never have left. That would have been a fact. Unfortunatley for us a toe poke changed the course of history.
Yeah well said
Super coach at THAT time game has now passed him by
I look back and think leaving us was a good thing for both - Ross has NEVER developed a side so can’t be an all time great imo
Has we taken our chances in 091.....had players executed in front of goal.....this would be a very different thread
But I’ll always say........at least he got us there......his predecessors had no clue and I see is still “rent a Saints headline “ for the media

“Yeah….nah””
asiu
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote: Fri 10 Apr 2020 4:11pm Lyon is an outstanding coach with the right players. In 2013 he did a great job with Fremantle and they should have won the Grand Final. Unfortunately for him, luck which plays a huge part on Grand Final day went against him. For all the conspiracy theorists out there who don't think he is a great coach then maybe you should take your head out of the sand. Seriously he should have had multiple flags. At least 2 at St Kilda and if he had, he would never have left. That would have been a fact. Unfortunatley for us a toe poke changed the course of history.
No flags.

No job.

How great can be really be?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

40 years from now there’ll be a new religion and there’ll be a cult celebrating the day of the anniversary of the axing of Ross Lyon from Freo

He was crucified they’ll be saying and they will say that he was the greatest ever coach in the eyes of so many Saints fans....fans who so enjoyed the week leading up to those Grand Finals in 2009 and 2010 (even though they were too drunk most days to remember)

The players at St Kilda who played under Ross and went so close will tell stories of how they couldn’t have done it without him...well some of them anyway... they’ll recall how he made such a huge improvement to the side who played off in 2 consecutive prelims before he arrived...but they never ever thought by any chance that they were worthy or talented enough until he arrived...He was their shepherd and all sheep need a leader

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Sat 11 Apr 2020 11:17pm
No flags.

No job.

How great can be really be?
Great person...no.

Great coach....no.

Great lying tossbag....yes.