Billings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SuperSaint
Club Player

Billings

Watched this guy all night. No point having skill when you have no heart to win the contested ball. An outside soft player of the purest form.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Billings

SuperSaint wrote:Watched this guy all night. No point having skill when you have no heart to win the contested ball. An outside soft player of the purest form.
Get stuffed clown

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Trixilver
Club Player

Never seems to have enough space Billings. When he does he can use it well but most of the time there's 1 or 2 opponents right on him so has to resort to a quick handball backwards.

SuperSaint
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:Watched this guy all night. No point having skill when you have no heart to win the contested ball. An outside soft player of the purest form.
Get stuffed clown
No you get stuffed mate. I stand by what I saw tonight. He is an outside player who lacks hardness at the ball.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

It was the Saints that kicked 13-19, not the Umpires, that's why we lost.

It's the guys having a shot on goal that can't hit the side of a barn.. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

It was Billings in that first half making so much happen with his vision and great field opening kicking. They shut him down in the second half. I think you get his endurance up and keep getting him chasing the footy cos he makes things happen. When he gets his talented team mates like Acres and Gresham and Steele surrounding him as consistent onball players we will be able to rotate some real quality through there and have another fab four to really create things from the middle.

Club Player

IF you want to be a good player at this level you have to be able to get into the game - Billings is good when the game comes to him, I have yet to see him make a difference on his own. So I sort of agree with the post.

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

44 games
28 goals 35 behinds.

What skill?

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Not his fault we lost, but he does go missing when the team needs him.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Did you delete that post Con? Good move.

Always loyal
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Underwhelming

shrodes
SS Life Member

6621104 wrote:IF you want to be a good player at this level you have to be able to get into the game - Billings is good when the game comes to him, I have yet to see him make a difference on his own. So I sort of agree with the post.
Yeah I don't disagree, but he basically won the game off his boot against the Bulldogs a couple of years ago. Need to see more of that in the big moments.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Time to face the facts that Billings isnt going to be a star.
Might not even make it as an average player. < average at this stage and nothing has changed.

Best comparison I can think of is Nathan Brown from the Dogs/Tigers

Same age comparison:

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_p ... 1=O&fid2=O

devil saint
Club Player

SemperFidelis wrote:Did you delete that post Con? Good move.
That deleted post was absolutely disgraceful. Awful to speak about a 21 year old living the dream he is still working so hard for like that.

Statsman
Club Player

I'm trying to be patient with Billings, but I'm not seeing enough signs often enough. Other than that one quarter against the Bulldogs he's never really taken the game by the scruff of the neck and really dominated.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Why?
Were you offended?
Offend your sensibilities and sense of decency or some other tribal identity?

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Why?
Were you offended?
Offend your sensibilities and sense of decency?
Yeah. It did. I think calling any of our players a corporate suckhole is disgraceful.

I think your talent with insults could be better directed tonight.

Always loyal
SuperSaint
Club Player

6621104 wrote:IF you want to be a good player at this level you have to be able to get into the game - Billings is good when the game comes to him, I have yet to see him make a difference on his own. So I sort of agree with the post.

Thank you. You expect a hell of a lot more from a number 3 who has now been in the system for a few years. The Bont threw himself at the contest last night on 2 occasions creating goals out of nothing. Inspiring play and he showed this time and time again throughout 2016 and the GF. Billings stands back waiting for the ball and struggles to make the play himself. I've watched Billings enough times to be confident of my assessment of him.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:

Thank you. You expect a hell of a lot more from a number 3 who has now been in the system for a few years. The Bont threw himself at the contest last night on 2 occasions creating goals out of nothing. Inspiring play and he showed this time and time again throughout 2016 and the GF. Billings stands back waiting for the ball and struggles to make the play himself. I've watched Billings enough times to be confident of my assessment of him.
Maybe we could trade him to Collingwood for their first round draft pick, that will be much higher pick than the Hawthorn first round pick we have for the next draft. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
SuperSaint
Club Player

Statsman wrote:I'm trying to be patient with Billings, but I'm not seeing enough signs often enough. Other than that one quarter against the Bulldogs he's never really taken the game by the scruff of the neck and really dominated.
The Bulldogs had run out of legs in that game and in that last quarter he had space and time to execute his skills. He needs to be able to perform when the contested ball is there to be won. Unfotunately, he struggles in this situation. Greesham showed a lot more tonight and I believe will pass him as a player.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I think that Billings may be the kind of player who does the odd nice thing on the field and will probably warrant being in our best 22, but may not evolve into a star.

At pick 3, we definitely overpaid, but I think he can still be a handy player for us in the long term.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:
Statsman wrote:I'm trying to be patient with Billings, but I'm not seeing enough signs often enough. Other than that one quarter against the Bulldogs he's never really taken the game by the scruff of the neck and really dominated.
The Bulldogs had run out of legs in that game and in that last quarter he had space and time to execute his skills. He needs to be able to perform when the contested ball is there to be won. Unfotunately, he struggles in this situation. Greesham showed a lot more tonight and I believe will pass him as a player.

What crap complete crap

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

SuperSaint wrote:
I think you're right about Gresh. But at 21, I don't want to give up on Billings yet.

I'm hoping if he stays fit, his confidence will build and he will take it on more. I agree he needs to show more than a couple of good quarters each week.

Always loyal
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:

What crap complete crap
Did you complete tonight's game with a crap ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Griggsy
SS Life Member

I want to defend billings but nothing he does is standing out that we don't get from others. A lot of standing around the edges with arms out waiting for it to fall in his hands. Had 1 or 2 truly damaging kicks tonight but his skills are meant to be his strength, don't know if it's enough.