AFL Corrupt, Corrupt Corrupt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

AFL Corrupt, Corrupt Corrupt

ACE was concerned about the legality of the O'Meara deal so he posted on Saintsational but also in newspaper blogs.
There is no way the AFL can say oh we only realised the problem today.
It is inconceivable that no-one at the AFL, at AFL clubs or football journalists noticed the illegality.
I called it out on the day and my posts in newspapers would have been read by thousands.
I would have not been the only person in the country to spot it anyhow.
There was a conspiracy not only at the AFL but among news journalist to cover up the illegality of the deal.

ACE wrote in Jaxons Come Down
On Thur 20 Oct 2016 at 1:58PM
ace wrote:O'Meara trade still not showing up on the AFL trade tracker.
How fantastic would it be if the AFL rejects it on a technicality.
But I suspect it is a complicated trade including other clubs so that Hawthorn could gather those two second round picks from elsewhere.
On Fri 21 Oct 2016 at 2:41PM
ace wrote:The AFL indicative draft order still can't sort out Carlton's involvement in the O'Meara deal they show:
Hawthorn receiving and keeping GWS 2017 2nd rounder via Carlton.
Gold Coast receiving a 2017 2nd rounder from Hawthorn. It can not be Hawthorn's 2nd rounder as that would be illegal. Hawthorn had already traded their 2017 1st rounder to St Kilda.
It can not be Carlton's 2017 2nd rounder because Carlton had already traded that to Geelong along with Zach Tuohy in return for Billie Smedts and Geelong's 2017 1st rounder.

The 2017 2nd rounder received by Gold Coast from Hawthorn has to be GWS 2017 2nd rounder via Carlton and via Hawthorn.
Oh and Hawthorn ends up with no-one else's 2017 2nd rounder other than their own.
Then at 2:57PM
ace wrote: The second rounder that Hawthorn used via Carlton must have been part of carltons payment for Marchbank and the other two from GWS
Then at 3:01PM
ace wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:
ace wrote: The AFL indicative draft order still can't sort out Carlton's involvement in the O'Meara deal they show:
Hawthorn receiving and keeping GWS 2017 2nd rounder via Carlton.
Gold Coast receiving a 2017 2nd rounder from Hawthorn. It can not be Hawthorn's 2nd rounder as that would be illegal. Hawthorn had already traded their 2017 1st rounder to St Kilda.
It can not be Carlton's 2017 2nd rounder because Carlton had already traded that to Geelong along with Zach Tuohy in return for Billie Smedts and Geelong's 2017 1st rounder.

The 2017 2nd rounder received by Gold Coast from Hawthorn has to be GWS 2017 2nd rounder via Carlton and via Hawthorn.
Oh and Hawthorn ends up with no-one else's 2017 2nd rounder other than their own.
The second rounder that Hawthorn used via Carlton must have been part of carltons payment for Marchbank and the other two from GWS
Exactly, Gold Coast must receive GWS 2017 2nd rounder via Carlton, via Hawthorn but that is not what the AFL Indicative Draft order is showing and the AFL Trade Tracker is too imprecise.
I want to know what did the paper work show Hawthorn giving to Gold Coast.
If the paper work is wrong - deal cancelled.

If the paper work is wrong - deal cancelled.

It is now quite clear why the AFL took so long before publishing the O'Meara deal.
They knew it was illegal and they must reject it.
They then deliberately decided to let it slip through because Gold Coast would lose the draft picks gained for O'Meara and O'Meara would either have to re-sign with Gold Coast or end up at Essendon
The Corrupt AFL is now quietly admitting the the deal was illegal.
No mentioned of course on AFL .com.au

But play the video here
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 1d5d8e1bb2

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFL Corrupt, Corrupt Corrupt

I have to also ask the question of our own Jaxons did you read this post ?
ace wrote:Hey Jaxons
Check out that Hawthorn did not give their own 2017 2nd rounder to GWS I should have typed Gold Coast here (that would be illegal) and that it is in fact GWS 2017 2nd rounder via Carlton to Gold Coast.
It can't be Carlton's 2017 2nd rounder because Carlton traded that out in the Tuohy / Smedts deal.
Did the St Kilda recruitment team spot the illegality of the deal but join the AFL conspiracy ?

Of course they did, they knew we had Hawthorn 2017 first rounder and so Hawthorn could no use their own second rounder.
Tell me our recruitment team raised it with the AFL on the day and were told by the corrupt AFL it was O.K.
Tell me Jaxons. Tell me our team was not part of the AFL conspiracy.
Last edited by ace on Tue 01 Nov 2016 1:11pm, edited 4 times in total.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Enough time has passed. Now the AFL has admitted the deal was illegal but will let it stand.

CORRUPT, CORRUPT, CORRUPT.

If you read this Plugger66 you can say it ain't so.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

In other breaking news, there are clouds in the sky, cars can often be seen on the road, and fast food is a contributing factor to obesity.

We're talking about the AFL... the guys that let Barry Hall play in the Grandfinal after he punched a player in the stomach off the ball... then gave Stevie Baker 3 weeks for using his other foot to try and push that giant Essendon ruckman off his foot in an incident that didn't even cause Alessio was it? To look down.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

You called this out very early on ace. No questions there.

As we all know , the AFL have very rubbery rules.... Integrity and governance are not high on their priority list.

All they care about is revenue and marketing. Everything else is unimportant to them.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Well spotted Ace. I am proud of you.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

So they traded on their own future second rounder but kept a traded in future second rounder?

So they still have a future second rounder in that draft.

That surely now establishes that this can be done in future even if you trade away your future first rounder?

What may have saved them is the possibility that they may have traded away the more valuable of the two second rounders. But that is guess work!

AFL have definitely twisted the meaning if the rule and created a new exception - the test will be if they allow it for all?

For example - when we trade Hawthorns future first rounder an the following years first rounder for Josh Kelly and get a future 2nd rounder to a bottom club for say Longer ... Can we then trade our future second rounder and keep the better future second rounder? That improves our position in that draft without our first rounder.

We might do that as we would have Kelly plus a first rounder next year and may be happy with a low second rounder - say pick 20 in the next draft when we should have a young challenging team.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:So they traded on their own future second rounder but kept a traded in future second rounder?

So they still have a future second rounder in that draft.

That surely now establishes that this can be done in future even if you trade away your future first rounder?

What may have saved them is the possibility that they may have traded away the more valuable of the two second rounders. But that is guess work!

AFL have definitely twisted the meaning if the rule and created a new exception - the test will be if they allow it for all?

For example - when we trade Hawthorns future first rounder an the following years first rounder for Josh Kelly and get a future 2nd rounder to a bottom club for say Longer ... Can we then trade our future second rounder and keep the better future second rounder? That improves our position in that draft without our first rounder.

We might do that as we would have Kelly plus a first rounder next year and may be happy with a low second rounder - say pick 20 in the next draft when we should have a young challenging team.
'The Seven Commandments'
rule seven (amended)
" All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others"

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Well called out, ace. The AFL moves closer and closer to the WWF in terms of integrity and credibility.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Well called out, ace. The AFL moves closer and closer to the WWF in terms of integrity and credibility.
Should they re-brand as AFE???

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:You called this out very early on ace. No questions there.

As we all know , the AFL have very rubbery rules.... Integrity and governance are not high on their priority list.

All they care about is revenue and marketing. Everything else is unimportant to them.
Edope helped expose this. Carlton/GWS trades. Think Steve Silvagni. That may be why they assisted Hawks. Brett Fatten Assistant at Hawks too.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I think I'll start calling Gil COD = cousIn of Dimwit. Same mould!

BFUSA - no doubt the AFE will close down loopholes like you've suggested we do. They are always too dumb
to be step ahead of the game.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

whistleblowers get the chop.
No AFL journo will EVER go against his or her masters (AFL)
When their hubby/wife are working 2 jobs to put food on the table, they can enjoy the feeling that they did the right thing.
Honesty is not the best policy.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:whistleblowers get the chop.
No AFL journo will EVER go against his or her masters (AFL)
When their hubby/wife are working 2 jobs to put food on the table, they can enjoy the feeling that they did the right thing.
Honesty is not the best policy.
Channel 7, we just love.........

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.