Chris Pelchan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Chris Pelchan

saynta wrote:
dragit wrote:Saynta caught out fibbing again? Surely not...
That's insulting. And completely untrue.
But not surprising .
Those facts however, I should have kept to myself and not posted on here, as I have done for the past couple of years.
I will know better in future.

They're not facts until you verify them though and given that ur unlikely to name your source (understandably enough) what your posting is essentially hearsay. And to be honest, I struggle to think of a time you broke news on here... Whereas Jax has a few times including the McEvoy story.

Even on top of all that I can't see a logical reason why Pelc would want to sit in the box...

Smells fishy

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Who ever it was that Pelchen pissed off, they sure have spent a lot of time bitching about him. It's amazing how people want to believe he was evil.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
jaxons
Club Player

skeptic wrote:
saynta wrote:
But not surprising .
Those facts however, I should have kept to myself and not posted on here, as I have done for the past couple of years.

They're not facts until you verify them though and given that ur unlikely to name your source (understandably enough) what your posting is essentially hearsay. And to be honest, I struggle to think of a time you broke news on here... Whereas Jax has a few times including the McEvoy story.

Even on top of all that I can't see a logical reason why Pelc would want to sit in the box...

Smells fishy
Chris actually did sit in the box which is logical given he was Head of Football.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Oh how dare he sit in the box of the team he was heading up.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Remember cornflakes?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
skeptic wrote:
saynta wrote:
But not surprising .

Smells fishy
Chris actually did sit in the box which is logical given he was Head of Football.
Well it looks like we are still sort of following his moneyball spreadsheet and we're climbing up the ladder so all's good so far.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
saynta wrote:
Toy Saint wrote:Pelchan is responsible for our list strategy, I believe he was responsible for moving Goddard, dal Santo and McEvoy and replacing with early draft picks. Some tough calls, but with hindsight I can see the benefits.

Was he a meglamaniac? Did he agree with Ross Lyon's philosophy? Gosh, how dare anybody challenge Ross Lyon....he must be a control freak....lets get rid of him...

I'm inclined to think Pelchan may be the best list manager in recent history. But hey, I aslo thought Grant Thomas was the right man for the job and was responsible for the development of "Lyon's" champion team.

He wanted the final say on team selection and to be in the coaches box on match days. The saints said no, see you later.

I would call him power hungry and a megalomaniac. You can call him what you like.
This is completely untrue regarding team selection and coaches box.
You say it with so much conviction yet it has no semblance of the truth.
First you say it's all untrue then you admit that he actually sat in the coaches box. Make up your mind.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
jaxons wrote:
saynta wrote:
Toy Saint wrote:Pelchan is responsible for our list strategy, I believe he was responsible for moving Goddard, dal Santo and McEvoy and replacing with early draft picks. Some tough calls, but with hindsight I can see the benefits.

Was he a meglamaniac? Did he agree with Ross Lyon's philosophy? Gosh, how dare anybody challenge Ross Lyon....he must be a control freak....lets get rid of him...

I'm inclined to think Pelchan may be the best list manager in recent history. But hey, I aslo thought Grant Thomas was the right man for the job and was responsible for the development of "Lyon's" champion team.

He wanted the final say on team selection and to be in the coaches box on match days. The saints said no, see you later.

I would call him power hungry and a megalomaniac. You can call him what you like.
I didn't believe it when i read it, thanks for the confirmation Jaxons.
I am not going to reveal my source but what I posted was what I was told.

White Winmar who actually worked closely with the club cofirmed that my assessment of Pelcan was pretty fair.

Go back to his post.
Last edited by saynta on Wed 12 Oct 2016 1:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
saynta wrote:
But not surprising .

Smells fishy
I dont think its doubted he sat in the box, and no I am not going to reveal my source.

And you are also correct that I rarely break news on here, the reason being that I usually keep things to myself as my source requests me to do.

Otherwise I wouldnt have a source.

Same should go for others claiming to be in the know.
Last edited by saynta on Wed 12 Oct 2016 1:40pm, edited 2 times in total.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I can't remember anyone crying when Chris left. He had his admirers and detractors. Actually more detractors.........,

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
skeptic wrote:
saynta wrote:
But not surprising .

Smells fishy
I dont think its doubted he sat in the box, and no I am not going to reveal my source.

And you are also correct that I rarely break news on here, the reason being that I usually keep things to myself as my source reguests me to do.

Same should go for others claiming to me in the know.
And that's fair enough. If i had a club contact i certainly wouldn't give it up to appease us forumites.

All i can add is that for those of us not in the know, we have to balance what we hear from multiple different sources to reach our own conclusions... I certainly have no idea about who has a source, how reputable they are etc

saynta
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
saynta wrote:
skeptic wrote:
saynta wrote:
But not surprising .

Smells fishy

And you are also correct that I rarely break news on here, the reason being that I usually keep things to myself as my source reguests me to do.

Same should go for others claiming to me in the know.
And that's fair enough. If i had a club contact i certainly wouldn't give it up to appease us forumites.

All i can add is that for those of us not in the know, we have to balance what we hear from multiple different sources to reach our own conclusions... I certainly have no idea about who has a source, how reputable they are etc
Fair enough

jaxons
Club Player

saynta wrote:
jaxons wrote:
saynta wrote:

First you say it's all untrue then you admit that he actually sat in the coaches box. Make up your mind.
You said he wanted final say on selection and to be in coaches box on match days.
You have never sat in match committee but it is run as a democracy with all coaches contributing to the process.
If the group is absolutely in disagreement senior coach has final say as he has ultimate responsibility for teams win loss ratio.
So that claim on team selection is utter crap.
You said he demanded to sit in coaches box, I am saying he didn't have to demand as it was a job requirement as it was to travel with team on all interstate matches, so again your claim is crap.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
saynta wrote:
jaxons wrote:
saynta wrote:

You said he wanted final say on selection and to be in coaches box on match days.
You have never sat in match committee but it is run as a democracy with all coaches contributing to the process.
If the group is absolutely in disagreement senior coach has final say as he has ultimate responsibility for teams win loss ratio.
So that claim on team selection is utter crap.
You said he demanded to sit in coaches box, I am saying he didn't have to demand as it was a job requirement as it was to travel with team on all interstate matches, so again your claim is crap.
I stick by what I said .

I agree with how you say things are run on a democratic basis and that the coach ultimately had the final say.

Problem was Pelchan wanted to change that with him having the final say.

If you were really in the know you would know that what I have stated was the truth.

Anyway there are more important things to discuss other than an ex employee.

By the way , you wouldn't happen to be Chris would you?

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Was Chris ever around to actually sit in the box? Seems he spent a lot of his time away from the club, doing who knows what. Part of the reason for his eventual demise. When you pay someone big coin and give them a massive amount of responsibility, the decent thing for them to do is at least turn up for work. Malcolm Blight, anyone?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Was Chris ever around to actually sit in the box? Seems he spent a lot of his time away from the club, doing who knows what. Part of the reason for his eventual demise. When you pay someone big coin and give them a massive amount of responsibility, the decent thing for them to do is at least turn up for work. Malcolm Blight, anyone?
So how did he explain his absence. what was he doing? "working" from home?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
loris
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Was Chris ever around to actually sit in the box? Seems he spent a lot of his time away from the club, doing who knows what. Part of the reason for his eventual demise. When you pay someone big coin and give them a massive amount of responsibility, the decent thing for them to do is at least turn up for work. Malcolm Blight, anyone?
Yes he was very visible in the box at Etihad many a time. Commentators on Fox mentioned it a few times.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Not so visible during the week. Interesting that no other club has touched him since his departure from us. Perhaps he is pursuing his own consultancy. There are two types of consultants in this world. The ones who are experts in their area and the ones that have just been sacked.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Not so visible during the week. Interesting that no other club has touched him since his departure from us. Perhaps he is pursuing his own consultancy. There are two types of consultants in this world. The ones who are experts in their area and the ones that have just been sacked.
A consultant is someone who borrows your watch to tell you the time, and then keeps your watch. :wink:

“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
skeptic wrote:
saynta wrote:
But not surprising .

Smells fishy

And you are also correct that I rarely break news on here, the reason being that I usually keep things to myself as my source requests me to do.

Same should go for others claiming to be in the know.
If the source is the actual one contributing on here then they don't have to keep it to themselves.

loris
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Not so visible during the week. Interesting that no other club has touched him since his departure from us. Perhaps he is pursuing his own consultancy. There are two types of consultants in this world. The ones who are experts in their area and the ones that have just been sacked.
Can you recall a few years back, it could have been Pelchan's last season at the Saints. 0n the Saints.com site they did video or could have been a couple of videos of the recruitment team discussing possible recruits they were considering selecting if they were still available when Saints selections came up.?
Pelchan was in the group. At the time I was fascinated by the body language, the non verbals. Most of the recruitment team appeared to defer to the Pelican, looking at his response to discussions.
From what I can recall, he didn't seem to be controlling the meetings, as in nominated chair; however as each person spoke about a young player they had been covering or talking to their parents, when they finished their speil they would look at Pelchan. At the time I thought wowee, this group is giving authority to this bloke whether he has it or not.

Can't recall who the recruitment people were, or who the coach was at the time.

When I've got time I'll go through the archives of the videos on the Saints.com site & see when it was and try and link it. I just thought Pelchan had power whether it was legitimate or not over the recruitment team. I felt uneasy seeing them defer so much to him.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'm backing Jaxsons over a cleaner any day of the week

FFS rolly eyes, rolly eyes.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Why is it that those that he pissed off can't be named? Of those that worked with him, who will go on the public record to slag him off?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saint-stu
Club Player

loris wrote:
Can you recall a few years back, it could have been Pelchan's last season at the Saints. 0n the Saints.com site they did video or could have been a couple of videos of the recruitment team discussing possible recruits they were considering selecting if they were still available when Saints selections came up.?
Pelchan was in the group. At the time I was fascinated by the body language, the non verbals. Most of the recruitment team appeared to defer to the Pelican, looking at his response to discussions.
From what I can recall, he didn't seem to be controlling the meetings, as in nominated chair; however as each person spoke about a young player they had been covering or talking to their parents, when they finished their speil they would look at Pelchan. At the time I thought wowee, this group is giving authority to this bloke whether he has it or not.

When I've got time I'll go through the archives of the videos on the Saints.com site & see when it was and try and link it. I just thought Pelchan had power whether it was legitimate or not over the recruitment team. I felt uneasy seeing them defer so much to him.
I was thinking about these videos too. Before them I had been very positive about the strategy pelcs had setup, but did find his manner in these a bit off putting. I remember Trout or one of the other team members speaking very positively about Caleb Daniel. Pelcan brushed it off that he will get easily bumped off the ball.

1ac46a38
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:
loris wrote:

I was thinking about these videos too. Before them I had been very positive about the strategy pelcs had setup, but did find his manner in these a bit off putting. I remember Trout or one of the other team members speaking very positively about Caleb Daniel. Pelcan brushed it off that he will get easily bumped off the ball.
So we got Lonie instead. :roll: