Chris Pelchan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Chris Pelchan

I have never been a Pelchan fan.

Fox sport obviously is. Why, I am unable to say.

He adds nothing to their show on trade news.

We were well rid of him. Megalomaniac I'm told. Thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

The saints didn't agree with his self assessment.
Last edited by saynta on Tue 11 Oct 2016 10:03am, edited 1 time in total.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Chris Pelchan

The Pelican is long gone, good on him though for trying to earn a quid from someone willing to pay.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
santazzi
Club Player

Did he make any comments about the Saints? Eg... what their recruitment strategy should be?

felix
Club Player

Yep he has done well for himself..

saynta
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:Did he make any comments about the Saints? Eg... what their recruitment strategy should be?

Don't recall him saying anything earth shattering on anything.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:I have never been a Pelchan fan.

We were well rid of him. Megalomaniac I'm told. Thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

The saints didn't agree with is self assessment.
He is a genius. He built the Port Adelaide list..... oh hang on...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:I have never been a Pelchan fan.

The saints didn't agree with is self assessment.
He is a genius. He built the Port Adelaide list..... oh hang on...
Con you might want to hang on a bit tighter next time, as you have fired your load early again... :wink:

Pelchen help build the Port Adelaide list that dominated the top of the ladder for several years and won their first premiership, and not their current list

He worked in Port Adelaide’s recruiting division from the start of its AFL planning in 1996 to the flag in 2004. So yes basically what the Saints are doing now.

He then went to the Hawks who went ok in recent times I believe? Then to the Saints to start our current rebuild. So I don't think that you can really associate him at all with the current Port list over a decade since he left there.

FWIW I think that Pelchen's main talent is the setting up of the list strategy, and not the spotting of individual player talent.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Pelchan is responsible for our list strategy, I believe he was responsible for moving Goddard, dal Santo and McEvoy and replacing with early draft picks. Some tough calls, but with hindsight I can see the benefits.

Was he a meglamaniac? Did he agree with Ross Lyon's philosophy? Gosh, how dare anybody challenge Ross Lyon....he must be a control freak....lets get rid of him...

I'm inclined to think Pelchan may be the best list manager in recent history. But hey, I aslo thought Grant Thomas was the right man for the job and was responsible for the development of "Lyon's" champion team.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:Pelchan is responsible for our list strategy, I believe he was responsible for moving Goddard, dal Santo and McEvoy and replacing with early draft picks. Some tough calls, but with hindsight I can see the benefits.

Was he a meglamaniac? Did he agree with Ross Lyon's philosophy? Gosh, how dare anybody challenge Ross Lyon....he must be a control freak....lets get rid of him...

I'm inclined to think Pelchan may be the best list manager in recent history. But hey, I aslo thought Grant Thomas was the right man for the job and was responsible for the development of "Lyon's" champion team.

He wanted the final say on team selection and to be in the coaches box on match days. The saints said no, see you later.

I would call him power hungry and a megalomaniac. You can call him what you like.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

A pretty fair assessment there, Saynta. We're better off without him, as Ameet and trout have shown.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:A pretty fair assessment there, Saynta. We're better off without him, as Ameet and trout have shown.

Yep.

Im just surprised he was able to suck Fox Sport in.

But then they were paying Lyin and Roos 10 grand each for comments during the final series

felix
Club Player

Pelican wasnt bad for our club so why slam him.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:Pelican wasnt bad for our club so why slam him.

That's your opinion, not mine. Mine is stated above and as I said I have never been a fan.

I along with others was glad when he was shown the door.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Toy Saint wrote:Pelchan is responsible for our list strategy, I believe he was responsible for moving Goddard, dal Santo and McEvoy and replacing with early draft picks. Some tough calls, but with hindsight I can see the benefits.

He wanted the final say on team selection and to be in the coaches box on match days. The saints said no, see you later.

I would call him power hungry and a megalomaniac. You can call him what you like.
These are some big claims.
I don't suppose you have a source for this?

jaxons
Club Player

saynta wrote:

This is completely untrue regarding team selection and coaches box.
You say it with so much conviction yet it has no semblance of the truth.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
saynta wrote:

I believe it to be the truth. I was told that by a very reliable source.

And if you were a club insider and not merely someone ITK you would not be argueing with me.

jaxons
Club Player

saynta wrote:
jaxons wrote:
saynta wrote:

And if you were a club insider and not merely someone ITK you would not be argueing with me.
Sorry buddy, your source is having a lend of you or simply making stuff up.
Who says I'm not a club insider?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
saynta wrote:
jaxons wrote:
saynta wrote:

Sorry buddy, your source is having a lend of you or simply making stuff up.
Who says I'm not a club insider?
Well if you are questioning what I posted you are certainly not. My source is above reproach. Sorry, you are wrong here.

What I posted is 100 % accurate.

felix
Club Player

Saynta your just posting someone elses opinion somehow Iits become yours ..you could reserve judgement until you meet or work with the guy. This is schoolyard ideology.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Saynta caught out fibbing again? Surely not...

Rosco
Club Player

I'm 100% certain.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:Saynta your just posting someone elses opinion somehow Iits become yours ..you could reserve judgement until you meet or work with the guy. This is schoolyard ideology.

Your opinion, not mine. I was told the reasons he and the saints parted company.

From that it waspossible to form an opinion on the guy.

Admittedly i have never met him and can appreciate your comment on that aspect .

But you can keep the personal insults to yourself?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Saynta caught out fibbing again? Surely not...
That's insulting. And completely untrue.
But not surprising .
Those facts however, I should have kept to myself and not posted on here, as I have done for the past couple of years.
I will know better in future.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
dragit wrote:Saynta caught out fibbing again? Surely not...
That's insulting. And completely untrue.
But not surprising .
Those facts however, I should have kept to myself and not posted on here, as I have done for the past couple of years.
I will know better in future.
Don't know how you can be dirty o :oops: n the bloke, especially if he was one of the main reasons the Lying Turd left!

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
saynta wrote:

I didn't believe it when i read it, thanks for the confirmation Jaxons.
Last edited by Wayne42 on Tue 11 Oct 2016 8:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?