I'm not convinced about Al....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm not convinced about Al....

Good time?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm not convinced about Al....

This should be interesting.

What does this mean? AI - artificial intelligence? I've seen Terminator so yes I'm not convinced about it either. Everything device is Smart these days so they will probably own us soon.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

No, Gerard, that's an overreaction.

Real or Overreaction: Our forwards should worry less about their ManBun's and sleeve tattoos and more about their kicking for goal.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

thecrevis
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Good time?
I think that's a fair comment at this point in time. I don't think any of us can be truly convinced until we see successive good performances.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert is an absolutely protected species on here. Yes he was terrific in 09/10 but Newsflash - it is now 2016.

If he has an ok/medium game - people make out like he is Jimmy Hird or Kouta and if he has a bad game (which is fairly often) people sympathise with him and say he was played out of position. He gets a magic carpet ride.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:No, Gerard, that's an overreaction.

Real or Overreaction: Our forwards should worry less about their ManBun's and sleeve tattoos and more about their kicking for goal.
Last year (2015) we were the only side in the entire AFL to kick more behinds than goals for the season - so this isnt a one off. We are consistently the worst side kicking for goal. This is a serious problem. Bad goal kicking is bad footy and it isnt going away.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Gilbert is an absolutely protected species on here. Yes he was terrific in 09/10 but Newsflash - it is now 2016.

If he has an ok/medium game - people make out like he is Jimmy Hird or Kouta and if he has a bad game (which is fairly often) people sympathise with him and say he was played out of position. He gets a magic carpet ride.
Pretty good the last 3 weeks too, apart from one crappy kick last week.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Al?

Alan?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Coach not the problem

A lot of c & b grade ability and not enough elite talent.

Our prime mids
One is in a mini slump - Armo

One lacks composure cannot hit a target - Jack

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Coach not the problem

A lot of c & b grade ability and not enough elite talent.

Our prime mids
One is in a mini slump - Armo

One lacks composure cannot hit a target - Jack
Yet those same c & b grades and not enough elite can turn it on, sometimes

Feel like I'm on a see-saw

Side is too emotionally up and down

Gets a lot of love as he folded his arms once and looked on like an indulgent father

Only consistency under Al is the inconsistency lately

Might turn it around, but doesn't cop ANY criticism, ever....players cop it plenty

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Armo does appear off his tucker the last two weeks. Injured? Ill? Or are the oppo just putting more work into him? Most clubs know if you stop Armo and Jack then basically you beat St Kilda. It isnt rocket science. We rely heavily on these two guys.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Ah its about Mr Richardson. Mmmmm. Today might be an abberation from bad selection and players having given a lot in the season so far without getting a lot of reward and hence just being in a flat spot against a team hungry to atone at home. But...

He's out of his honeymoon phase now Richo. Players start to get a bit sick of his voice, hearing the same things over and over "...yeah, no....need you to be strong for us today". Can he keep evolving as coach, find ways to keep the inspiration and development going in players? Eagles did a good job tactically on us today now that we put our head up above the crowd a bit. Do we have the tactical nouse from our coaches to be surprising?

Does he have enough faith in the young players or does he feel he has to keep playing all the oldies because he doesn't truly believe in the youngsters? Is he radical and risky enough? Picking Geary, Demps, Fish and Gilbo must be like putting on a comfy pair of underdaks. Clarko played a lot of young players in his first years and almost got sacked for not winning enough games but he believed in his young group and they gelled when they were very young.

Many questions, not enough answers yet.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

We are shallow down back and there really is not that much there to bring in.

Delaney is having an average few weeks in the magoos, as is Goddard truth be told.

You have to ask the question though, would it have been any worse if one had of come up to do a job?

This game was three steps backwards for us and undid a lot of good work.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Starts in the middle

We were slaughtered

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

bigred wrote:We are shallow down back and there really is not that much there to bring in.

Delaney is having an average few weeks in the magoos, as is Goddard truth be told.

You have to ask the question though, would it have been any worse if one had of come up to do a job?

I can assure you last week hurt them a lot more than today. You may think that makes out the players to be heartless and not playing for the jumper. Totally wrong, they're very pissed off about the performance today but last week they were devastated. Both physically and mentally. And very, very sore.
Judge the club in a months time.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
bigred wrote:We are shallow down back and there really is not that much there to bring in.

I can assure you last week hurt them a lot more than today. You may think that makes out the players to be heartless and not playing for the jumper. Totally wrong, they're very pissed off about the performance today but last week they were devastated. Both physically and mentally. And very, very sore.
That seems weird to me Tony. Is Richo going too hard on the guys when they have those sort of narrow losses? I know he wants to create a winning culture but there should also be an element of - hey you almost beat the top team - get a s*** load of confidence out of that. Those sort of losses shouldn't depress the players, it should encourage them. If they are taking those losses to heart to much he should kick it back the other way. They did look flat and kind of depressed today. Signed, Confused and also quite Depressed.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Judge them in a month?

Essendon, a bottom of the table Freo, travelling to Adelaide and a resurgent Carlton? We should win three minimum.

At the end of the month we should have five wins, but all that does is put us at 5-7 and nothing more than nuisance value to the top 10-12 sides. Which is on par with where we should be. Drop more than one in the next month and we have a problem.

Or the tank is on.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

inconsistent - consistently not being consistent.
as our team, so our fans.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:

Tony a coach and playing group shoudnt be picking and chosing when they turn up, nor should a loss the week before be an excuse for a 100pt thrashing. Thats a pretty fragile environment they have created...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I was expecting a big loss today due to the let down of last week. It's been a pattern all season.

But f*** me.

That first quarter was disgraceful.

I could handle a ten goal loss provided we were at least somewhat competitive for half a game.

May as well have just forfeited today

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:What does this mean? AI - artificial intelligence? I've seen Terminator so yes I'm not convinced about it either.
Perhaps they were referring to Steven Spielberg's science-fiction movie from 2001.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

What sort of thread is this?

Would you prefer Mark Williams? because that was the choice.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Furphy
Club Player

OK, I'll play "Goats are like mushrooms, if you shoot a duck, I'm afraid of toasters"

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Sometimes I feel we need a hard ass assistant coach to bring some players to reality,