Mothers Day Game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

farquhar
Club Player

Mothers Day Game

Good to see our club and another small club getting the rough end of pineapple in the fixture by being scheduled a Mother's Day game.

Definitely not Collingwood after Eddie complained about having to play a Sunday twilight game last year.

I'd be interested to know the negotiation on this match. League has to schedule a game and someone has to wear it as a home game but surely Finniss extracted a concession on another part of the draw.

After all, we did lose our Anzac Day game as well.

Time for goal-kicking practice
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mothers Day Game

Will cost us financially you'd think. I hope the league is making it worth our while, otherwise it's just another s*** sandwich

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Still better than having to rock up on a Monday night.....

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Will cost us financially you'd think. I hope the league is making it worth our while, otherwise it's just another s*** sandwich
Nth home game. Doesn't matter

kp83
Club Player

saynta wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Will cost us financially you'd think. I hope the league is making it worth our while, otherwise it's just another s*** sandwich
No, it's our home game.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

kp83 wrote:
saynta wrote:
No, it's our home game.
Oops, sorry about that. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

longtimesaint
Club Player

saynta wrote:
kp83 wrote:
saynta wrote:
No, it's our home game.
At least being 3:20 gives a chance to have lunch and then come to the footy. -agree not ideal though.

One year will be our year
saynta
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:
saynta wrote:
kp83 wrote:
saynta wrote:
No, it's our home game.
At least being 3:20 gives a chance to have lunch and then come to the footy. -agree not ideal though.
I'm in the s*** already because the wife's sister is organizing a mothers day lunch at her place for her side of the family.

I said I couldn't go. :cry:

My mothers long gone so I no longer celibrate the day.

Am I mean or what.

I do like my mum in law though.

Just like watching the saints play more, and not real partial to the rest of the in laws.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

As a mother I can think of no better way to spend Mother's Day than at the footy with my kids. If my kids need a specific day to show what I mean to them then I haven't done my job properly.....which I have because they both follow the Saints. :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure we've had a few games on Mother's Day in recent years. Good time slot as someone else mentioned. You can still have lunch with the family & then go to the footy.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Port has been given two in a row now. Mind you - what else is there to do on Mums' day in Adelaide?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
noddy04
Club Player

If my mother was still with us she wouldnt mind if i went to the footy and called on her either before or after the game. Some of you people get it so easy. Interstate and overseas saints supporters would love to be there tomorrow. And Desertsaint come on over and you will find there is plenty to do here in Adelaide on Mothers day :)

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:If my mother was still with us she wouldnt mind if i went to the footy and called on her either before or after the game. Some of you people get it so easy. Interstate and overseas saints supporters would love to be there tomorrow. And Desertsaint come on over and you will find there is plenty to do here in Adelaide on Mothers day :)
The dizzying amount of choice would drive me to distraction and i'd end up just staying in :D
just having fun playing to the vics stereotyping of the city of churches - spent a lot of time there - give me adelaide over melbourne if i had to live in either.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
noddy04
Club Player

Give me Melbourne over footy season....Adelaide non footy season...btw they are spewing lava here after getting done by the Doggies LMAO

Freebird
Club Player

noddy04 wrote:If my mother was still with us she wouldnt mind if i went to the footy and called on her either before or after the game. Some of you people get it so easy. Interstate and overseas saints supporters would love to be there tomorrow. And Desertsaint come on over and you will find there is plenty to do here in Adelaide on Mothers day :)

What about your wife when you take the kids to the footy but spend lunch with her but then have no time to get to your mum or your partners mother. A lot of wives do not understand

Freebird
Club Player

noddy04 wrote:Give me Melbourne over footy season....Adelaide non footy season...btw they are spewing lava here after getting done by the Doggies LMAO

Don't blame them..they were cheated out of a win.

I just wish they would see it when they get the little cheats on their side...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:As a mother I can think of no better way to spend Mother's Day than at the footy with my kids. If my kids need a specific day to show what I mean to them then I haven't done my job properly.....which I have because they both follow the Saints. :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure we've had a few games on Mother's Day in recent years. Good time slot as someone else mentioned. You can still have lunch with the family & then go to the footy.
Agree ish. I would've thought a 7pm slot tonight would've been better. Still, 3.20 on Mum's Day is better than our traditional and hated Monday Night game vs Carlton!

Happy Mothers Day btw Narelle - you've been a great Mum to your kids

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:As a mother I can think of no better way to spend Mother's Day than at the footy with my kids. If my kids need a specific day to show what I mean to them then I haven't done my job properly.....which I have because they both follow the Saints. :lol: :lol:

Agree ish. I would've thought a 7pm slot tonight would've been better. Still, 3.20 on Mum's Day is better than our traditional and hated Monday Night game vs Carlton!

Happy Mothers Day btw Narelle - you've been a great Mum to your kids

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:Give me Melbourne over footy season....Adelaide non footy season...btw they are spewing lava here after getting done by the Doggies LMAO
0ne maggot gave 17 frees to the doggies and only 1 to the crows.

Now they know how we feel playing in serial killers heaven.

GSG
Club Player

Freebird wrote:

Don't blame them..they were cheated out of a win.
For some strange reason, the Bullies have always been the darlings of the umpires and the AFL, and the media for that matter. Maybe because Rodney Eade in his days was sucking up to them big time.
They invariably have more free kicks than the opposition, and it seems to increase as the season progresses.
They must be the experts in playing for free kicks - perhaps the Saints should learn from them!!

Round 1 - 5
Round 2 – 4
Round 3 – 4
Round 4 – 17
Round 5 – 12
Round 6 – 9
Round 7 – 16