2018 Line up. Good enough for a flag?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SMS
Club Player

2018 Line up. Good enough for a flag?

SAINTS - 2018
WEBSTER. CARLISLE. SAVAGE
NEWNES. GODDARD. ROBERTON
FREEMAN. DUNSTAN. MACKENZIE
BILLINGS. BRUCE. SINCLAIR
LONIE. McCARTIN. WELLER

HICKEY. ARMITAGE. STEVEN

ACRES. GRESHAM. MINCHINGTON ROSS

RICE
LEE
LONGER
TEMPLETON
WHITE
------
IS THERE Anyone else you think will be making an impact BY THEN Currently in the list??
Add draft picks and free agents and we have a team line up capable
Of a dynasty IMO.

AND Which older players will still be here?
I believe all them will be, hopefully not relied upon but defo amongst it.

DEMPSTER
MONTAGNA
REIWOLDT
GILBERT
GEARY

The_President
Club Player

Re: 2018 Line up. Good enough for a flag?

There is every chance that Carlisle will never play a game in the red white and black

SMS
Club Player

The_President wrote:There is every chance that Carlisle will never play a game in the red white and black
Why?

He is working hard, talking to the boys, telling everyone how he cant wait to be a saint, he has bought in to the saints journey .... Hes getting the Hip surgery needed and rest. He is a gun. Whats the problem?

He is growing up.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:
The_President wrote:There is every chance that Carlisle will never play a game in the red white and black
Why?

He is working hard, talking to the boys, telling everyone how he cant wait to be a saint, he has bought in to the saints journey .... Hes getting the Hip surgery needed and rest. He is a gun. Whats the problem?

He is growing up.
Can I ask how you know this?

For all we know he is doing blow off a hookers boob right now.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SMS
Club Player

Come on grow up.

Hes working construction. They are drug tested. We'll be first to know if hes stuffed up.
Hes in talks with the boys and others at club. And hes having surgery ... You think hes on cocaine now? Ffs it was a holiday thing everyone does cept very stupid decision to snapchat and very asshole degenerate so called mates profiting off it. All reports carlisle is a good person. I have full faith he will come back fitter than ever. I have full faith he now appreciates $550k pa. and i have full faith as a 24 year old he is ready to grow up.

Get excited we have signed a 200cm skilled backman capable of AA and more.

lewdogs
Club Player

With the way the club is playing right now, Carlisle would be chomping at the bit to get out there.

The pleasing thing at present is that some of our mids are taking the next step. I'm talking about Ross Newnes and Dunstan.

Based on last week I'd have Lee as the best chance to replace Dempster. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if Sean plays on for two more years.

loris
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:Come on grow up.

Hes working construction. They are drug tested. We'll be first to know if hes stuffed up.
Hes in talks with the boys and others at club. And hes having surgery ... You think hes on cocaine now? Ffs it was a holiday thing everyone does cept very stupid decision to snapchat and very asshole degenerate so called mates profiting off it. All reports carlisle is a good person. I have full faith he will come back fitter than ever. I have full faith he now appreciates $550k pa. and i have full faith as a 24 year old he is ready to grow up.

If you are talking about the surgery on his hip........................... didn't he have that a few weeks ago? Unless you think he is having more surgery, if so, he'll be an old patched up crock before he gets to pull a Saints jumper on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Saintsational Legend

Montagna will still be playing

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:

If you are talking about the surgery on his hip........................... didn't he have that a few weeks ago? Unless you think he is having more surgery, if so, he'll be an old patched up crock before he gets to pull a Saints jumper on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought that was his nose cartlidge. Something to do with flared nostrils?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Poppycock.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I personally would like to see Membrey develop into a tough mid size forward who can make his way into that team.
Also a spot for Heppell would be nice

Nee!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Surely there is a 99% chance Carlisle will play for us this year. A year off isnt that big a deal. He can be training with the club officially in November.
Players miss a season through injury all the time. A year off might actually be good for his body long term. He is only 24 and 198cm. Surely his best years are ahead of him?
Should be cherry ripe next year.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I think the group has less stars than the previous finals outfits of 97-98, 04-06, and 08-11, but works better as a team. The old Champion Team vs Team of Champions debate. I think the coach has to take a lot of credit for that.

Definitely capable of making finals - but I think we still need a couple more very classy run and carry ball users to go all the way. A Peter Burgoyne type in the back line, and a Robbie Gray type midfielder.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Playon
Club Player

tony74 wrote:
Poppycock.
You're a lot politer than I am

Playon
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Surely there is a 99% chance Carlisle will play for us this year. A year off isnt that big a deal. He can be training with the club officially in November.
Players miss a season through injury all the time. A year off might actually be good for his body long term. He is only 24 and 198cm. Surely his best years are ahead of him?
Should be cherry ripe next year.
He would of missed anyway Con with his hip issue, glad to get it sorted out early and have him in for a good preseason

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
SMS wrote:
Why?

He is growing up.
Can I ask how you know this?

For all we know he is doing blow off a hookers boob right now.
So could you for all we know and care.

Pretty insulting statement imho.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Taking illicite drugs on holidays is not something everybody does ffs.

To the top
SS Life Member

The anticipated future side highlights our requirements viz:-

1. Some more mid-field class spread to the flanks and the interchange in support of Armitage, Steven, Billings, Freeman, Dunstan, Acres (the last 4 in Draft order) and Ross and Newnes who are currently the core.
2. A further tall and mobile defender to compliment Carlisle and Goddard.
3. A further tall and mobile forward to compliment McCartin and Bruce.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

Yeah not everybody.

Even fewer put it on snapchat.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Playon
Club Player

SMS
Club Player

saynta wrote:

Not everyone but the majority. These are boys in there 20s with cash. Obvioulsy you would be shocked. And the stars who do it. Only difference between them and cousins?? They arent addicted and keep it to the off season and down low.

SMS
Club Player

To the top wrote:The anticipated future side highlights our requirements viz:-

1. Some more mid-field class spread to the flanks and the interchange in support of Armitage, Steven, Billings, Freeman, Dunstan, Acres (the last 4 in Draft order) and Ross and Newnes who are currently the core.
2. A further tall and mobile defender to compliment Carlisle and Goddard.
3. A further tall and mobile forward to compliment McCartin and Bruce.
Like ahhh tom lee?

I bagged this guy but i said he HAD IT. Ive got a feeling the penny actually dropped. He cut his hair he got a bit of mongrel and realizes hey if i dont commit to this ill never realize my potential! Go t lee!!!

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

So between now and 2018 we are not trading or drafting anyone who can get a gig in the seniors?

Are we getting Lyon back or something?

You are garbage - Enough said
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:SAINTS - 2018
WEBSTER. CARLISLE. SAVAGE
NEWNES. GODDARD. ROBERTON
FREEMAN. DUNSTAN. MACKENZIE
BILLINGS. BRUCE. SINCLAIR
LONIE. McCARTIN. WELLER

HICKEY. ARMITAGE. STEVEN

ACRES. GRESHAM. MINCHINGTON ROSS

RICE
LEE
LONGER
TEMPLETON
WHITE
------
IS THERE Anyone else you think will be making an impact BY THEN Currently in the list??
Add draft picks and free agents and we have a team line up capable
Of a dynasty IMO.

AND Which older players will still be here?
I believe all them will be, hopefully not relied upon but defo amongst it.

DEMPSTER
MONTAGNA
REIWOLDT
GILBERT
GEARY
Couple of the rookies look okay.

And there are one or two still to be added to the list.