I think Minch has made it.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

felix
Club Player

I think Minch has made it.

Quiet at times but when he has it he is silky smooth.

stkfc1
Club Player

Re: I think Minch has made it.

Must persist with him. Has got all the tools. Breakout game not far away. IMHFO!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

I thought he was good today....
Good skills

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

You can't "make it" after two games. Has shown he doesn't look out of place at AFL level for sure but he's done that before. He needs to be consistent now - Gresham, Curren and Eli will be pressuring him for his spot.

felix
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:You can't "make it" after two games. Has shown he doesn't look out of place at AFL level for sure but he's done that before. He needs to be consistent now - Gresham, Curren and Eli will be pressuring him for his spot.
Ok you can't make it after two games but he looks good . Has some moves has a few tricks in his kit can shimmie and shake. Will probably make it .

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:You can't "make it" after two games. Has shown he doesn't look out of place at AFL level for sure but he's done that before. He needs to be consistent now - Gresham, Curren and Eli will be pressuring him for his spot.

i do think he has done this before. kicked goals and been in the midfieled. not having a sub has absolutely saved him and is now making him a player

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

He can seriously play and will only get better with continuity at AFL level.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

He was good today; not so much the flashy stuff from last week, but mostly found at the bottom of a pack. To coin a phrase, very "pleasing" ...

Always loyal
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Hope so we need his class around the ball!

avid
Club Player

Of the small forwards, in order, Sinclair's the one I have most confidence in.
Lonie I think is brilliant, but a little off the boil right now.
Then Minch. Isn't getting enough of the ball, but looks all class when he does. Exciting possibilities.
Gresham will make it for sure, but maybe not just yet.
Templeton I can't see making it, actually.

Long Term Injury
Club Player

I hope so, but similar to last week his decision making at times lets him down. By foot he generally picks the right option, but his hands in close need to improve. A couple of times last week and this week he has handpassed in close to someone under more pressure than himself. This will become less evident as he becomes more comfortable at AFL level, and gets used to the pressure. Ross was similar a couple of years ago, now him and Billings and their willingness to take a knock to get the extra second so that a team mate is clear is so bloody impressive. Off topic, but i was doubtful of billings in the centre, but god was i wrong, so clean and increasingly hard, a couple of tackles yesterday were fantastic.

Long Term Injury
Club Player

avid wrote:Of the small forwards, in order, Sinclair's the one I have most confidence in.
Lonie I think is brilliant, but a little off the boil right now.
Then Minch. Isn't getting enough of the ball, but looks all class when he does. Exciting possibilities.
Gresham will make it for sure, but maybe not just yet.
Templeton I can't see making it, actually.
I agree, but i did think Sinclair's first quarter was really good, provided a good link between defense and attack. He is definitely worth persisting with. And yeah, Eli didnt have a great game, and copped a couple of sprays from teammates. Maybe he needs to go back to the half forward flank role at AFL level before returning to the wing. But, id like to see him against a lesser team before i write him off

supersaints
Club Player

Certainly deserves to be given a full run of games... Looks the goods to me , despite many posters condemning Richo for drafting so many small forwards, looks like he had the hindsight to realize we needed fast players with good skills that could stay on the ground rotating forward/ mid due to the reduced rotations. They certainly are putting forward pressure on apponents back lines

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:Certainly deserves to be given a full run of games... Looks the goods to me , despite many posters condemning Richo for drafting so many small forwards, looks like he had the hindsight to realize we needed fast players with good skills that could stay on the ground rotating forward/ mid due to the reduced rotations. They certainly are putting forward pressure on apponents back lines

Meatball was drafted in the Watters era.

He was a favorite of the coach.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:Certainly deserves to be given a full run of games... Looks the goods to me , despite many posters condemning Richo for drafting so many small forwards, looks like he had the hindsight to realize we needed fast players with good skills that could stay on the ground rotating forward/ mid due to the reduced rotations. They certainly are putting forward pressure on apponents back lines
That would be foresight :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

Meatball was drafted in the Watters era.

He was a favorite of the coach.
Inspired recruiting if he does keep it up.
Fourth round #65 in the 2012 rookie draft.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Meatball will replace Joey when he retires at the end of 2020

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SMS
Club Player

He has it all. The reason sandy was close to a flag last year. Gun. Welcome to afl now minchy!! May you never be dropped again.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Can still turn it over a bit. Especially by hand.

I reckon he's a gun and will only get better at top level when left to get more consistent exposure. Looks fitter.

Lots of upside but there are quite a few areas he needs to work on.

His stats on the weekend were good. 14 disposals, 9 of those contested. 79% efficiency which was in the top ten for the side. He was only on the ground for 66% of it so he was on track for 20+.

Mark my words though, every game he plays he is closer to putting in a quarter of football that will blow us all away. I can see it coming. Will be put in the guts for a 15 minute spell and will just turn it on. Kick a couple and set a couple more up. Burst and burst again.

The Football world will be asking where we have been hiding him.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Is an AFL level player no question.

Is better than a hell of a lot of regular best 22 players for several teams.

We've also seen he has a very high ceiling when he gets his confidence up as shown by his ability to completely dominate at VFL level. When he thinks he belongs he can really own his position.

Love the Minch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Minch is worth keeping around because he is such a good kick. His main weakness is the occasional handpass to someone about to get tackled but he can fix that up. But anyone who can finish and is reliable around goals is very handy to have in your side. His tackling is generally pretty good too.

What do people think of Eli? I watched him closely on the weekend. Certainly a neat little player. Doesnt do much wrong. Courageous and tackles hard and competes well in the air for his size. Certainly tougher than he looks so no issues there. Just seems to lack a yard of pace and has no real tricks in his bag. Not quite sure how he is going to fit in? Still only 20 so early days. But doesnt seem to have any particularly outstanding attributes at this level. Does everything well and nothing poorly. Just not sure that will be quite enough. The coach obviously rates him so I guess we should wait and see. Probably plays on next year and then we will see after that.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm assuming he's too old for a Rising Star nomination. Same with Seb Ross? Seems like we've got some late bloomers. Meanwhile the Bulldogs seem to be stockpiling the Rising Star nominations.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SMS
Club Player

LATE BLOOMERS exactly!

Dees and dogs talk crap saying average age is same or lower why is everyone saying saints are youngest???

We have 30 players under 50 games. We have only 11 who have played 50-200 games. We are the mpst inexperienced side in the comp.

Very exciting as we should be bottom and struggling but we are already playing some very good football. In 2018 we'll have 20 players in the 50-200 game experience bracket. It will be a joke. We will smash everyone.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Wow big statement but let's see how we go against the Giants. I hope you're right.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
joeyjohnw
Club Player

SMS wrote:LATE BLOOMERS exactly!

Dees and dogs talk crap saying average age is same or lower why is everyone saying saints are youngest???

We have 30 players under 50 games. We have only 11 who have played 50-200 games. We are the mpst inexperienced side in the comp.

Very exciting as we should be bottom and struggling but we are already playing some very good football. In 2018 we'll have 20 players in the 50-200 game experience bracket. It will be a joke. We will smash everyone.
50 games is when a player flicks the switch and starts to become a star. Once we get 50 games into 20-25 players drafted from 2011 we will reap the rewards. Our talent and effort is undeniable however experience is what will show how good we really are. I can see in 2020, when we have all these players that are in their 20s and fairly experienced- how we might be an absolute powerhouse. But it starts with getting experience at afl level into young players. Which is why im glad for the club to make tough calls on more experienced players - to make way for young guns to get in the 50 games ASAP and thrive. 2019 onwards we will have a very balanced side of fairly young players- Steven and armo will be our oldest, our leaders and midfield generals, and even they will not be in their 30s just yet. How exciting.