Dunstan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

No77778
Club Player

Dunstan

Dunstan wants to emulate the efforts of teammate David Armitage this summer
and shed the kilos as he looks to recapture his promising first-year form.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-21/f ... nt-dunstan

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dunstan

Thanks for that 77778. Good to hear some info about why he dropped off last year.

sendmehomehappy
Club Player

Bloody hard to run around with a bag of spuds in each hand too.

" If thought corrupts language then language can also corrupt thought."

Politics and the English Language George Orwell
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Good news. If Dunstan, Acres and Ross can all get moving we will improve dramatically imo.

sainter45
Club Player

And isn't it great for us old blokes in this era of scientific training methods to hear Spud giving advice like 'Just run around with a bag of oranges in each hand".

Saint wagga
Club Player

These shoulder recos can cause all sorts of long painful recovery, not to mention a real lack of confirdence and power!

It's funny thought that Dunstan, a second year player in the engine room still ploughs thru a full season at a solid level, yet the same injury and surgical management is used as an excuse as to why Tom Lee can't get up to AFL standard...my thinking, he's just not up to it...FWIW

thefatdork
Club Player

To be fair to Spud - when I initially read that comment about bags of oranges, I thought "WTF sort of advice is that!!" - but I think what was meant is that Armo improved so much 'cos he lost the weight and to see how much effect that extra weight would have then he could try running around with a couple of kilos (I.e. Bag of oranges) in each hand.
I think it was poorly expressed/worded in the article .... Or maybe Spud owns a fruit shop and is trying to clear some excess stock of oranges before Xmas!
Glad to see so much positive stuff coming out of the club too.
Go Saints!
TFD

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Good news. If Dunstan, Acres and Ross can all get moving we will improve dramatically imo.

Add some improvement from Sinclair and Mckenzie and we will be smoking.Did you forget young Billings,

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/st-ki ... 92a8500a91

'LOCKS

David Armitage, Josh Bruce, Sean Dempster, Jarryn Geary, Leigh Montagna, Nick Riewoldt, Dylan Roberton, Jack Steven, Jack Newnes

RISING STAR

Jack Billings

Highly rated but injury riddled in his first two seasons, Billings is yet to fully realise his

potential at St Kilda. We saw a glimpse of his precocious talents in Round 6 against the

Bulldogs, when faced with a 55-point deficit, his four second-half goals helped propel the

Saints over the line in a thrilling comeback. It would be just one of the nine games the left-

footer would play for the season, succumbing to stress fractures in his shin. 25 matches into

his career, a fully fit Billings is a tantalising prospect for St Kilda’s long-suffering fans.

THE BUBBLE

Seb Ross

The emerging St Kilda midfielder looked ready to cement his spot in the Saints’ starting 22 last preseason. But then he tore his hamstring in a NAB Challenge match and suddenly the Saint was looking at 10-12 weeks on the sidelines. But except for another mishap, expect Ross to star for the Saints in 2016. With a basketball background, Ross excels in tight space and has the type of vision that makes fellow ex-basketballer Scott Pendlebury so damaging."