Dear Archie...and well done Finnis!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dear Archie...and well done Finnis!

Well aren't you the biggest fool ever to be associated admin wise at St. Kilda?

Look what a competent admin can do. You don't get railroaded by a friggin council. Ever.

Fraser has cost us God knows how many million in the stupid move to Seaford.

Frankston sucks. We all love Moorabbin.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ripplug66
Club Player

Re: Dear Archie...and well done Finnis!

Well I'm shocked. By the way what has Frankston got to do with this?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Ever dealt with local govt councillors SP?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Not an Archie fan, but I would guess that it wasn't entirely his decision.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Ever dealt with local govt councillors SP?
No but it's pathetic to get railroaded by them. He had NFI how to play the politics game and get the job done.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:Well I'm shocked. By the way what has Frankston got to do with this?
The I Love Franskton carpolla as Seaford is part of the region

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
No

:roll:

You are garbage - Enough said
Legendary
Club Player

A CEO reports to the board.

The board makes long-term strategic decisions and it is the CEO's job to implement those decisions.

Archie Fraser acted in accordance with his obligations as CEO by implementing board decisions - not making them.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:A CEO reports to the board.

The board makes long-term strategic decisions and it is the CEO's job to implement those decisions.

Archie Fraser acted in accordance with his obligations as CEO by implementing board decisions - not making them.
So who was responsible for us getting railroaded?

We only went to Seaford because we couldn't get the job done via Kingston council.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Legendary wrote:A CEO reports to the board.

So who was responsible for us getting railroaded?

We only went to Seaford because we couldn't get the job done via Kingston council.
Kingston Council was responsible. It is a democratically elected organisation that at the time didn't want poker machines at the facility.

Saints moved out, Kingston Council realised that it was a HUGE mistake to lose an AFL club from the area.

Council elections saw the demise of the councillers and Kingston now need to fork out money to get the Saints back.

Meanwhile, Moorabbin was falling down and the Saints needed a facility. They got an offer from Frankston council and moved there.

If you want to in short want to know who railroaded us, it was Kingston council, the AFL ( with them forcing us to have a crap stadium deal, and doing us over with the FIXture), and the Football First mob you all wanted running the club (which they did into the ground).

Saints were financially viable under Butters but turned to rabble under the FFS mob.

but you all wanted them and got rid of Butters, but hey Archie can be the scapegoat if you want :roll:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:[
Kingston Council was responsible. It is a democratically elected organisation that at the time didn't want poker machines at the facility.

Saints moved out, Kingston Council realised that it was a HUGE mistake to lose an AFL club from the area.

Council elections saw the demise of the councillers and Kingston now need to fork out money to get the Saints back.

Meanwhile, Moorabbin was falling down and the Saints needed a facility. They got an offer from Frankston council and moved there.

If you want to in short want to know who railroaded us, it was Kingston council, the AFL ( with them forcing us to have a crap stadium deal, and doing us over with the FIXture), and the Football First mob you all wanted running the club (which they did into the ground).

Saints were financially viable under Butters but turned to rabble under the FFS mob.

but you all wanted them and got rid of Butters, but hey Archie can be the scapegoat if you want :roll:
I think this is probably a pretty good interpretation of what happened

The only part I think you've underplayed is that by the end, the Butters show turned into a bit of a circus that I guess detracted from the work that he was doing, and I think many people felt tired of the club being publicly ridiculed so much because of the next media instalment of drama from our board.

I think it just goes to show how good the board is at the moment.

Sound business decisions, good results, low profile until they have good news to publish.

Now all we need is the onfield results to follow

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Yes skeptic, Butters was a full blown addict having a infight with Thomas that was tending to undermine the club.

The footy first mob did wreck the finances but it did say it was going to spend more n the footy dept.

In fairness who can say if that extra spending got us to a whisper from two flags?

yipper
SS Life Member

Yes, I think the board is doing a terrific job - really impressive.

Intersting stat for trivia buffs - in his last 12 games at Moorabbin - Big Tony Lockett kicked a lazy 109 goals!!! He owned that ground!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Archie has a great track record working with women.
Oh, that's right the Mayor of Kingston was a woman!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:Archie has a great track record working with women.
Oh, that's right the Mayor of Kingston was a woman!

Whose name was Topsy Peachy.

Who could take anyone seriously with this unfortunate name?

Gordo'
Club Player
Location: banned for a spell, things didn't turn out so well, every thread i played, ffs was lucky i stayed!!!

ffs!!! archie flowering fraser!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: flowering soft***k phil collins fanboy. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fortitude Fidelity Sainta.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Parsimony is a great virtue when it comes to the written word, SP. Summed it up seven little words. I'm doing a bit of anti-corruption consulting atm (See what I did there? Used an acronym to create a sense of parsimony. Oh wait...), and the most corrupt orgnisations in our surveys were.......you guessed it, Local Councils! A staggering 72% of respondents rated them "corrupt, or very corrupt". Even the usual suspects, Police, unions, lawyers et al were down in the 30's. What a damning indictment! They even beat state and federal governments. Having said all that, Archie Fraser was a narcissistic, incompetent buffoon. A misogynistic sociopath, who eventually left, as three female staff members successfully prosecuted him for sexual harassment and bullying. It's little wonder he found Topsy so frustrating to deal with, although in fairness to AF, she was as much to blame. A classic example of the clash of the incompetent egotists.

How has Archie gone since leaving us? Does anyone know what he's doing now? He was involved as CEO of the attempt to form the breakaway group from the A League. Went down like a wrought-iron hang glider. I want to move a motion (no pun intended) to name the new toilet block at the rennovated Moorabbin complex as, "The Archie Fraser & Topsy Petchey Memorial Pissoir", as an enduring monument to the time, money and effort that was quite literally pissed away because of those idiots. Now, back to parsimony............

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Can anyone remember why the club decided not to play anymore home games in Tasmania?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Can anyone remember why the club decided not to play anymore home games in Tasmania?
I believe GT convinced the Board that the money we were getting wasn't worth it compared to our inability to play down there.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

which was 180º to his mantra of Anyone Anywhere Anytime

... piss poor performance in losing vision on the bigger picture
from both Rocket and Grant ... afaic.

Pity bout that.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Not an Archie fan, but I would guess that it wasn't entirely his decision.
Correct

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
satchmo wrote:Not an Archie fan, but I would guess that it wasn't entirely his decision.
Correct
You're both right, of course, but he was our chief negotiator and had the final say on the decision. The Nuremberg defence is not relevant here, nor is it a case of collective guilt. Fraser was paid the big bucks, which stopped at his desk. His so-called negotiating style painted the club into a corner, from which there was only escape route. The road to Seaford and what quickly became an outdated facility. Thanks Archie. Long may you and your peculiar modus operandi remain far from our club. Come to think of it, a modern sports facility in Seaford will need a new manager, mid 2017. Interested?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

f*** Archie is a stupid git. I don't give a s*** whether it was a board decision. He was driving the process and royally f***ed it up!
Players hate Seaford, place was inadequately planned and new admin had to act

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
spert
Saintsational Legend

Kingston council in various forms had a history of being uneasy with having St Kilda in their patch- never provided much support in any form and it was always like it was in the too hard basket having the club there, rather than grasping a golden opportunity of having an AFL club as part of the city.
Butters was securing new sponsors I believe at the time the FFS group disrupted things further and we saw RB's departure and the circumstances that followed- the spat with GT really was a distraction.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:f*** Archie is a stupid git. I don't give a s*** whether it was a board decision. He was driving the process and royally f***ed it up!
Players hate Seaford, place was inadequately planned and new admin had to act
Exactly my point. Interesting that Legendary has gone silent.