Do we have another pick after Bailey Rice?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

avid
Club Player

Do we have another pick after Bailey Rice?

Sorry if I should have found an existing thread to ask this question on.

If we use our picks 45 and 66 (or whatever our 2nd and 3rd picks are) combined to successfully bid for Bailey Rice, do we still get another pick later on (maybe worth no points)?
As opposed to the late pick we use to upgrade Sinclair.

I wonder who might still be around at that point. Any ideas?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Do we have another pick after Bailey Rice?

We'll upgrade Jack Sinclair with our last pick !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

ripplug66
Club Player

We have 2 picks in the draft plus Rice and Sinclair. If we have to use too many picks on rice to get up the points I expect us to use our second pick in the PSD or the rookie draft.

Stian
Club Player

ripplug66 wrote:We have 2 picks in the draft plus Rice and Sinclair. If we have to use too many picks on rice to get up the points I expect us to use our second pick in the PSD or the rookie draft.
I apologise ahead of time if this is a dumb question - but if we have no particular player in mind for the second pick in the PSD, could that pick be used to upgrade Sinclair?

ripplug66
Club Player

Stian wrote:
ripplug66 wrote:We have 2 picks in the draft plus Rice and Sinclair. If we have to use too many picks on rice to get up the points I expect us to use our second pick in the PSD or the rookie draft.
I apologise ahead of time if this is a dumb question - but if we have no particular player in mind for the second pick in the PSD, could that pick be used to upgrade Sinclair?

No because we must have 44 on the list. You can do it 3 ways. 38 plus 6 rookies, 39 plus 5 rookies or 40 plus 4 rookies. We may not use our second pick in this years draft and keep it for the PSD or just rookie an extra player. Sinclair is upgraded with our last pick no matter if we use one or two picks in tonights draft.

Stian
Club Player

ripplug66 wrote:
Stian wrote:

No because we must have 44 on the list. You can do it 3 ways. 38 plus 6 rookies, 39 plus 5 rookies or 40 plus 4 rookies. We may not use our second pick in this years draft and keep it for the PSD or just rookie an extra player. Sinclair is upgraded with our last pick no matter if we use one or two picks in tonights draft.
Good on you Plugg, thanks for that.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

All you blokes are behind the times. All rookies that were going to be promoted were promoted last week to their clubs senior list. Jack Sinclair is now on the senior list, There are no draft spots involved now.