Union told Jake Carlisle's manager not to tell Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Union told Jake Carlisle's manager not to tell Saints

Union told Jake Carlisle's manager not to tell Saints of drug allegations

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/u ... z3pwyDzJrV
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
Arseholes!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Union told Jake Carlisle's manager not to tell Saints

on a side note; Caro must be ' in touch' with the saints at present- certainly getting more info than the opposition paper

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, her and Matt Finnis are good friends

loris
Saintsational Legend

More and more Carlilse is coming out as a complete untrustworthy drongo. Not worthy of pulling on a Saints guernsey IMHO.

Hey a bit of déjà vu .... Ross Lyon , who also kept his his manager in the dark whilst manager dealing with the Saints!

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:More and more Carlilse is coming out as a complete untrustworthy drongo. Not worthy of pulling on a Saints guernsey IMHO.

Hey a bit of déjà vu .... Ross Lyon , who also kept his his manager in the dark whilst manager dealing with the Saints!
It is understood Carlisle came clean to McConville several hours after the trade had been ratified by the AFL

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/u ... z3px5ObIHZ
It's what I've been saying is my biggest issue with all this. Jake kept quiet about the video he almost certainly knew was floating around to make sure the trade went through (including all his juicy marketing bonuses) Personally I don't give a s*** about McConville - he does his clients bidding. It's Jake who betrayed us and is ultimately responsible for 1) his stupid act and 2) his duplicitous behavior before the trade. He's too valuable to get rid of but by god he needs to earn his way back into the clubs trust with blood and sweat in bucket loads over the next 4 years. More and more it sounds like the club are furious at Jake for what they feel is dog act towards his new club that back him and invested so heavily in him even when his character was questioned by the footy world. I wouldn't want to be in Jake's shoes on his first day. Richo takes pride in a being straight with players - he won't feel he got that back from Jake.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Not mcconville responsibility to inform the club based on information that was only emerging. Regardless not his role even if known. He works for Carlisle.

Unfortunately timing. I doubt we would have traded for less - we would have pulled out completely, can't be half in cos of the issues had this come out a day or two later. As per the article says.

Hopefully this turns out to be 24 hours on our side of lucky we did have him. As in so close to missing out.

One benefit it that we won't have to pay him as much! $$$$

Rosco
Club Player

Real estate agents. Don't trust them either. No surprises.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

We don't need this Sh*t.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:Real estate agents. Don't trust them either. No surprises.
and lawyers and player agents

supersaints
Club Player

If he was a used car we could take him bAck to the car yard

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
asaint
Club Player

Why didn't channel 9 call us for a comment? Better story to wait til after the trade?

ripplug66
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:We don't need this Sh*t.

Does it really matter. Just about be forgotten at round one. We have him now so lets hope he plays well and no more stuff ups.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

If this story is true, then I wonder what Matt Finnis thinks about it now that he's a Club CEO and not the AFLPA CEO?
Is he ok with the apparent advice given by the AFLPA to McConville?

And pluger is correct - come round 1 this story will be forgotten as long as there is nothing more to it and Carlisle 'behaves' correctly.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Highly unlikely that someone as idiotic as Carlisle has proved himself will just turn over a new leaf.
Fear we may have scored the next Fevola!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So how many weeks will the club suspend him for if the article is correct?

I'm hoping 2 to 4 weeks. Doesn't deserve the honour of playing alongside Roo in his 300th.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Bluthy wrote:
loris wrote:More and more Carlilse is coming out as a complete untrustworthy drongo. Not worthy of pulling on a Saints guernsey IMHO.

It is understood Carlisle came clean to McConville several hours after the trade had been ratified by the AFL

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/u ... z3px5ObIHZ
It's what I've been saying is my biggest issue with all this. Jake kept quiet about the video he almost certainly knew was floating around to make sure the trade went through (including all his juicy marketing bonuses) Personally I don't give a s*** about McConville - he does his clients bidding. It's Jake who betrayed us and is ultimately responsible for 1) his stupid act and 2) his duplicitous behavior before the trade. He's too valuable to get rid of but by god he needs to earn his way back into the clubs trust with blood and sweat in bucket loads over the next 4 years. More and more it sounds like the club are furious at Jake for what they feel is dog act towards his new club that back him and invested so heavily in him even when his character was questioned by the footy world. I wouldn't want to be in Jake's shoes on his first day. Richo takes pride in a being straight with players - he won't feel he got that back from Jake.
This just feels like we've been horribly deceived and sold a pup. You can easily read between the lines and see whom is genuinely pi$$ed with whom. The Carlisle deceiving his Manager thing sounds fine - I suspect our Jake is not even in the toolshed let alone one of the sharper implements housed in there - but we're rightly ropable with the AFLPA and his disgusting turd of a Manager. Last time I checked, deception by omission is actiually a thing and this is the most simple case of that. I can't believe that turd McConville will keep his accreditation after this. What a joke.

How in God's name can the AFLPA be asked for guidance on how to handle a situation and then, co-incidentally be asked to oversee and sanction the action of the Manager that then acted on the advice they provided to him (i.e. do nothing; say nothing)? It's a goddam farce.

I'm so disappointed in the AFL and in particular, Gillon on this. Not because he supports St Kilda but as a leader of a business. Who gives a flying f$%k about the FIXture and the integrity of that when you have other parts of the business/industry engaging in this type of conduct? I sure as hell don't.

Go you red, black & white warriors
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Saintmatt wrote: This just feels like we've been horribly deceived and sold a pup. You can easily read between the lines and see whom is genuinely pi$$ed with whom. The Carlisle deceiving his Manager thing sounds fine - I suspect our Jake is not even in the toolshed let alone one of the sharper implements housed in there - but we're rightly ropable with the AFLPA and his disgusting turd of a Manager. Last time I checked, deception by omission is actiually a thing and this is the most simple case of that. I can't believe that turd McConville will keep his accreditation after this. What a joke.
Couldn't agree more.

I look around and all I can see is the Saints losing out, despite being the innocent bystander. Essendon got their pick 5 and has run for the hills. McConville picks up his juicy 10% or whatever it is and Jake get a big pile of cash for the next 4 years. We're standing in the middle of this whirlwind, wondering WTF just happened.

And what now?? The AFL suspends Jake, means we lose again. Jake's certainly not doing anything for us off the field, the least we can do is get him on the field. Or he gets a strike, then we find out he has 2 already, and we lose again.

I don't think its totally beyond the realms of possibility that we ask the AFL for a priority pick for this years draft. Give us an additional pick after 14 as recompense for us handing over Pick 5 for a lemon. And it fits the "exception circumstances" pre-requisite.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Saints are merely posturing publicly to make us look all professional and upstanding.

Good move.

But I really doubt internally they'd care about anything other than keeping members and sponsors happy.

saintjake
Club Player

If anyone tuned in to Triple M this morning, they had Ian Prendergast on the phone and Ed put him on blast.
Said repeatedly that the manager has completely stitched the Saints up and he is outraged.
Ed, Mick and Darce all praised the Saints for how they've handled it. But none were buying what Prendergast was selling.

Fair to say that if this was Collingwood in our position Ed would be ripping skulls apart.
Floated the idea that maybe it's time for the AFL to stop supporting the AFLPA. Because basically the clubs are paying for the AFLPA to do everything in their power to hurt the clubs.
Said if they players want a union they should fund it themselves and that maybe it's "time for the empire to strike back" meaning the clubs take on the AFLPA.

Never heard Ed go so strongly on a situation that affected a team that wasn't the Pies, but he's always stood for the integrity of the game so it was good to hear him voice such strong opinions.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:If anyone tuned in to Triple M this morning, they had Ian Prendergast on the phone and Ed put him on blast.
Said repeatedly that the manager has completely stitched the Saints up and he is outraged.
Ed, Mick and Darce all praised the Saints for how they've handled it. But none were buying what Prendergast was selling.

Fair to say that if this was Collingwood in our position Ed would be ripping skulls apart.
Floated the idea that maybe it's time for the AFL to stop supporting the AFLPA. Because basically the clubs are paying for the AFLPA to do everything in their power to hurt the clubs.
Said if they players want a union they should fund it themselves and that maybe it's "time for the empire to strike back" meaning the clubs take on the AFLPA.

Never heard Ed go so strongly on a situation that affected a team that wasn't the Pies, but he's always stood for the integrity of the game so it was good to hear him voice such strong opinions.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/u ... kmd80.html

'It has since emerged that St Kilda would not have recruited Carlisle had it known of his drug use. Further antagonism between the club and the AFLPA has emerged with the Saints now moving to not only strip Carlisle's marketing money but also various other components of the four-year deal estimated at about $2.4 million with an option for a fifth season."

All those "cool" posters on here who reckoned that Jake snorting a line of coke was no big deal, The St Kilda football club does not agree with you.
Last edited by saynta on Fri 30 Oct 2015 10:02am, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Not a good advertisement for the AFLPA. It's one thing to support your players, but there is a point where common decency has to take over.

Anyhow, now that Jake is a Saints player we have no choice but to make the best of it. I'm cutting him some slack. He's hardly the first to dabble with illicit substances. It's more concerning that he was stupid enough to get caught.

No one will complain if he plays consistently good football and that is what we are paying him to do

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Not a good advertisement for the AFLPA. It's one thing to support your players, but there is a point where common decency has to take over.

Anyhow, now that Jake is a Saints player we have no choice but to make the best of it. I'm cutting him some slack. He's hardly the first to dabble with illicit substances. It's more concerning that he was stupid enough to get caught.

No one will complain if he plays consistently good football and that is what we are paying him to do
We might not complained but for the rest of Jake's career we will be constantly reminded of his stupidity by the press.

bozza1980
Club Player

saintjake wrote:If anyone tuned in to Triple M this morning, they had Ian Prendergast on the phone and Ed put him on blast.

Wish i'd listened to it.

They seriously have no credibility and the way they have handled this is appalling.

I understand that it is the manager and AFLPA's responsibility to get the best deal for the player but, there is a big picture and if you deal dishonestly to secure one deal it may affect your ability to get future deals done.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saynta wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Not a good advertisement for the AFLPA. It's one thing to support your players, but there is a point where common decency has to take over.

We might not complained but for the rest of Jake's career we will be constantly reminded of his stupidity by the press.
Yes and he will have to live with that. Maybe some grown up responsibility for actions is what he needs.

You are garbage - Enough said