How many weeks?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

How many weeks?

So it sounds like we're getting Carlisle, so now the question should be 'how many weeks does he get from WADA for participating in Essendope?"

When organising this deal I'm sure our recuriters would have had a penalty in mind, 4 weeks, 12 weeks, 12 months or 2 years.

Anybody care to guess what we're anticipating?

And, perhaps more importantly, I wonder if we've negogiated any compensation from Essendon if the penalty is greater than expectations?

Furthermore, assuming Jake becomes a Saint, we'll need to hope the penalty isn't too harsh, and that's a pity 'cause I was really hoping the Essendon players would all get 2 years... :evil:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: How many weeks?

My dream result would be for Carlisle to do a deal with WADA where they give him immunity from penalties in exchange for him spilling the beans on the Bombers.
Oh sweet sweet justice. :lol:

St Loxton
Club Player

I like that Con. :twisted:

ripplug66
Club Player

We may like what Con said but it isn't happening. I will go with not guilty but if guilty no more than 4 weeks and that's fair enough. The plauyers have been mentally punished for 3 years and lets face it, it was the club who stuffed up. At least I'm not torn as ive always felt this way.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:We may like what Con said but it isn't happening. I will go with not guilty but if guilty no more than 4 weeks and that's fair enough. The plauyers have been mentally punished for 3 years and lets face it, it was the club who stuffed up. At least I'm not torn as ive always felt this way.
For CAS so say the poor players have suffered enough and only give a token penalty would be piss poor.

JC and any other player to ditch the cheats should get a lighter penalty for leaving that putrid club

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

ripplug66 wrote:We may like what Con said but it isn't happening. I will go with not guilty but if guilty no more than 4 weeks and that's fair enough. The plauyers have been mentally punished for 3 years and lets face it, it was the club who stuffed up. At least I'm not torn as ive always felt this way.
Also the players have already served some of their penalty voluntarily last pre-season when all the ring-ins were playing the NAB round robin.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Will get stuff all penalty.
I'm still going with a rug sweep.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:So it sounds like we're getting Carlisle, so now the question should be 'how many weeks does he get from WADA for participating in Essendope?"

When organising this deal I'm sure our recuriters would have had a penalty in mind, 4 weeks, 12 weeks, 12 months or 2 years.

Anybody care to guess what we're anticipating?

And, perhaps more importantly, I wonder if we've negogiated any compensation from Essendon if the penalty is greater than expectations?

Furthermore, assuming Jake becomes a Saint, we'll need to hope the penalty isn't too harsh, and that's a pity 'cause I was really hoping the Essendon players would all get 2 years... :evil:
2 years.

The_Merchant
Club Player

Won't miss a week regardless of guilty or not guilty.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Merchant wrote:Won't miss a week regardless of guilty or not guilty.
Hope you are right for carlisle's sake. Couldn't give a f*** for the others.

supersaints
Club Player

Would like them all to serve time , including Jake . I dont change my stance or morals based on the players curent location.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

IF found guilty - the club will cop the wrath of WADA. Massive fines, loss of ability to draft, etc, as if it is found to be systemic, more than two players, the club face sanctions.

Players COULD get backdated bans. Some have retired and, as we have know, have been traded or play in the lower leagues/ammos. Possibly like last year, due to the timing of the release of the findings in November/December, pre-season training disrupted along with practice matches. And they can, and probably will, appeal a guilty verdict.

Big IFs though.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
BakesFan
SS Life Member

2 years... players are complicit....this 'innocent babes' crap is a joke...precedent needs to be set....if we don't see JC in a Saints guernsey until 2018, so be it.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Johnny Favier
Club Player

I suspect around 4 weeks, but I'm hoping they all get zero weeks - I think all of the players have been through enough.

International eyes are on this issue and if they all get lengthy suspensions it's not a good look for our game...on a personal level, I've already received a bunch of smart-ass text messages from mates overseas and none of them follow AFL, but are well aware of the Essendon case.

The administration of the time should all be fully taken to task though, and I hope they all get lengthy suspensions/bans from the game - they're the ones who should carry the can for this whole debacle IMO.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Is this a new Essendope thread ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
ripplug66
Club Player

BakesFan wrote:2 years... players are complicit....this 'innocent babes' crap is a joke...precedent needs to be set....if we don't see JC in a Saints guernsey until 2018, so be it.

So there is no excuse for a smaller penalty? The time and effect on career? Anyway there isn't a hope in the world of 2 years. Firstly they still may be found not guity and second the timeframe means even if found guilty it will likely be no more than 4 weeks. I'm still thinking it could be none.

The only way the players are complicit is if a group of 35 players decided to all cheat at once and logic says that didn't happen. Funny that just about every ex AFL footballer said they would have done the same as the Essendon players.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Draft penalties?

Lol
Wada don't dictate that stuff
That's the afls job
So will prob take Melbs pick 3 off them and hand it to the bombers :roll:

Saints43
Club Player

I wanted the players to get hefty suspensions to show the world that the administration we're absolutely guilty of trying gain an advantage through illegal practice, rather than merely guilty of administrative oversight.
But, now that St Kilda would be effected I want Carlisle to be available to the club for every minute possible.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

A lot of the players they had in 2012 have retired or been traded now. There may even be more before lists are finalised. I think that some of the younger players on their list with 50+ games were there, but not all.
You would think that IF they are found guilty, and that looks increasingly more doubtful with every passing day, the club would ultimately bear the brunt of the sanctions, but I am only guessing.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
ripplug66
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:A lot of the players they had in 2012 have retired or been traded now. There may even be more before lists are finalised. I think that some of the younger players on their list with 50+ games were there, but not all.
You would think that IF they are found guilty, and that looks increasingly more doubtful with every passing day, the club would ultimately bear the brunt of the sanctions, but I am only guessing.

I doubt WADA will do anything to the club. It will be the players. I know the rules say they can if a few are found guilty but there has been no talk of that at all.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:My dream result would be for Carlisle to do a deal with WADA where they give him immunity from penalties in exchange for him spilling the beans on the Bombers.
Oh sweet sweet justice. :lol:
Oh that is the best idea I have heard in months.
But I suspect WADA doesn't do deals with violators.

But if they do maybe the leadership team would also grant him clemency for his latest misdeed if he rolls over on Essendon.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately by the time WADA gets an enforceable decision either way Essendon will have so few convicted players left that they will be able to field a viable team.
That is good news for the AFLs TV broadcast deal but not for football.
The chance to destroy a club with an evil culture will have been lost unless the affected players bankrupt the club with legal actions.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
starsign
Club Player

Won't happen but love them to give 2 years before they can play for Essendon FC again Full Stop
That would hit the club formost and also those players who want to stick with the scumbags LOL

ace
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:Won't happen but love them to give 2 years before they can play for Essendon FC again Full Stop
That would hit the club formost and also those players who want to stick with the scumbags LOL
But what about the poor saps who have been and will be drafted by the scumbags.
They need to be released from the scumbags.
They did not choose to join the scumbags they were compelled.

I would like to see the club kicked out of the AFL permanently.
All other clubs salary caps and list numbers temporarily increased to allow for a special draft of Essendon players.

starsign
Club Player

I meant the 2 years for those remaining at Essendon Those who have left or leave the club in the future are free to continue playing but can't return to The Injectors for 2 years This stops those primarily at fault the club restricting their right of trade ( which I believe they could build a case on)
Yes those drafted Since free to leave and go elsewhere if they choose as well The club has to bear the brunt of the punishment in my book