Siposs, White and Markworth

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Tom_Sainter
Club Player

Siposs, White and Markworth

Any chance these boys will get a game before the seasons end and/or stay on the list.
I understand Sippa and Spencer have had work ethic issues, I would hate to lose them to another club and see them flourish next year, particularly with Sippa who was a massive saints fan.
Any chance on any of them or have their papers been stamped?
P.S was going to add Tommy Lee into this but hes in a another thread

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Siposs, White and Markworth

I'm not sure about the other two but you would think they will want to get a good look at Markworth for at least a few weeks. He's missed so much footy though so I'm not sure fitness wise whether it will happen bit it would be good if it could. :)

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Markworth is the only one of the three that's a chance to get a game this year. And that's mainly because he hasn't had that chance over the past two seasons, rather than his form this year for Sandy.

The clock was ticking on Spencer ever since he received only a one year contract last year - i.e. this year was make or break. I don't think he's made it.

Sippos is no chance to play this year and I'd say he's definitely going to get delisted.

stjay
Club Player

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:Markworth is the only one of the three that's a chance to get a game this year. And that's mainly because he hasn't had that chance over the past two seasons, rather than his form this year for Sandy.

The clock was ticking on Spencer ever since he received only a one year contract last year - i.e. this year was make or break. I don't think he's made it.

Sippos is no chance to play this year and I'd say he's definitely going to get delisted.
100% concur

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I like Siposs but there is no clear position for him

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:I like Siposs but there is no clear position for him
Agree. Given he was the only Saints player in the Sandy reserves game this week, things don't look good at all for him.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sippa is too soft for AFL level and Spencer doesn't have a tank. Both gone.

Marky may get a game and surprise us given his obvious hunger.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I would suggest like about 98% of players if they get delisted they wont be at another club. As pointed out the only one with any hope of playing this year is Markworth. Siposs is in the seconds which is about B grade ammos and White on form should just about be joining him. Surely both are gone. To be honest the Saints could probably delist about 10 players and have no effect on the senior side. There are plenty of ordinary players running around at Sandy who have been in the system for 3 years or more.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

As always it will come down to what picks we end up getting. We'll almost certainly have some retirements, that takes care of a couple of picks, then you toss up between what's in the draft and what you've got. Eg is the guy who we think will be available at pick 50 more deserving of a spot on the list than Spencer?

For what it's worth, I think Spencer might get a repreive (maybe a rookie list spot?) but Sippa is gone. I see more value in Markworth than Saunders, but I'd like to see him get a run this season, give him the green vest for a couple of weeks and see what's there.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Siposs was playing FF for the seconds on Sunday and he looked overweight and disinterested. Spenca looked hopeless in the senior Sandy side. Hopefully Markworth gets a run in the firsts if only as a reward for all his effort. He's a good size and a nice kick. Come on Richo - give him a run as the sub this week and if he gets through ok, full game the week after.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Surely with Lonie, McKenzie, Sinclair and Savage in some doubt we could see Markworth at least get a Sub this week…?

FQF
SS Life Member

Markworth is actually in good form for Sandy. I don't think he'll ever be a player to rack up 25+ disposals but he's had around 20 for a couple of weeks and reportedly done well.

Saint_J
Club Player

FQF wrote:Markworth is actually in good form for Sandy. I don't think he'll ever be a player to rack up 25+ disposals but he's had around 20 for a couple of weeks and reportedly done well.
by reports he had a vg game. could be a chance of a call up.

Minch also had a cracker would like to see him play inside mid where he plays in the VFL. think he's safe for a 1-2 more still a young fella.

White and Sippa, so much hope on these two. Sippa i hope gets another year. Think White might be done.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I would prefer White to get another year over Siposs.
Markworth seems to have earned a shot as sub atleast.
Minch deserves a full game with Lonie out and maybe Sinclair in doubt
Reports suggest he had 17 tackles, 28 touches and was our best.
As stated by a previous poster I would like to see him on ball in his Sandy role

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Markworth deserves a go. I hope he gets a go.

Sipposs and Simpkin are part of the deal for Carlisle.

We get Carlilse and Essendon's first dp, they get Sipposs, Simpkin, Justin Sweeney, and Kane Taylor

You are garbage - Enough said
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Markworth deserves a go. I hope he gets a go.

We get Carlilse and Essendon's first dp, they get Sipposs, Simpkin, Justin Sweeney, and Kane Taylor
...surely you jest....the Bummers are not that silly......

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Also chuck in Lj Connors, Luke van Rheenen, James Wall, Paul Cahill and Will Johnson..

SaintWodonga
Club Player

I'd like to see Markworth & Murdoch come in...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
saintbob
SS Life Member

All 3 are goneski!!!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I would like to see Markworth in a saints jumper this weekend.

Vazelos
Club Player

I wouldn't put a line through Markworth yet.
He may even get a run before season end to see what he can do.
That 2012-13 period of players drafted have many on the cusp of elite VFL player to average/battler AFL player.
Saunders, Curran, Wright, Murdoch are examples.
Markworth has been injured so much we dont know what he is capable of.
Agreed Siposs and White are not even doing the business at VFL level so they are in serious trouble.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Markworth might get a rookie spot as he has not really had much of a chance to show his value he was very highly rated so you would think if he could get on the park he could be something...

Sippo getting put in the VFL development squad surely spells the end for him - I think people got caught in the romance of him being a saints supporter in wanting him to be something he wasn't ever going to be - the talk of him being the ready made goddard replacement a prime example ... if he does go as I suspect he will he should be proud of what he was able to do with his team not many of us get that opportunity to be an actual part of the team they love

White also is probably done - again hyped up to levels he probably would never get close to - comparisons to buddy I mean come on!! ... as a late pick he did better then most to actually crack a couple of AFL games....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saynta
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Markworth might get a rookie spot as he has not really had much of a chance to show his value he was very highly rated so you would think if he could get on the park he could be something...

Sippo getting put in the VFL development squad surely spells the end for him - I think people got caught in the romance of him being a saints supporter in wanting him to be something he wasn't ever going to be - the talk of him being the ready made goddard replacement a prime example ... if he does go as I suspect he will he should be proud of what he was able to do with his team not many of us get that opportunity to be an actual part of the team they love

White also is probably done - again hyped up to levels he probably would never get close to - comparisons to buddy I mean come on!! ... as a late pick he did better then most to actually crack a couple of AFL games....
I wouldn't call pick 25 a late pick, maybe a wasted pick, but certainly not a late pick.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Markworth might get a rookie spot as he has not really had much of a chance to show his value he was very highly rated so you would think if he could get on the park he could be something...

I wouldn't call pick 25 a late pick, maybe a wasted pick, but certainly not a late pick.
my bad I got him and saunders mixed up in regards to their draft position... that said he got 2 AFL games countless drafted players never get that many

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
ace
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:

...surely you jest....the Bummers are not that silly......
When WADA wins and a number of Essendon players are found guilty, the AFL will insist that Essendon continue to field an excuse for a team.
These guys would give Essendon a new start with clean players.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08