the First Jack- - Article

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

the First Jack- - Article

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... h7koa.html
Jack Steven runs like a duck, loves to surf, says he aims to dive out of packs, and together with David Armitage, has at least statistically risen to the top of the AFL's pool of midfielders.

Josh Bruce may have been a stunning success up forward, and the pair of kid Jacks - Lonie and Sinclair - handy foils, but if you're looking for reasons why St Kilda look to have stepped forward in 2015 - you need to start in the guts.

Heading into round eight, no man had more disposals in the AFL this year than Armitage, and no player had more kicks than Steven, who for good measure was also equal third in the league-wide tackle standings.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: the First Jack- - Article

Good on ya Jackie boy! He does have strangely long feet though in that photo. Maybe that's why he "runs like a duck".

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Vazelos
Club Player

Love this guy, he is an excitement machine.
I cant wait until we have a few more step up in the middle because this guy will slaughter them.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote:Love this guy, he is an excitement machine.
I cant wait until we have a few more step up in the middle because this guy will slaughter them.
You're not watching Gladiator or something are you? Why will Jack slaughter the players we put in the middle?

“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

bergsone
SS Life Member

Didn't think Bigfoot was real,there you go

stjay
Club Player

OMG we have a hobbit in the midfield!

loris
Saintsational Legend

Ian Thorpe...... eat your heart out.......... Steven definitely beats you in the size of feet stakes. Jack looks like he has flippers on....look at the length of his toes. Surely it must be the camera angle that the shot was taken at????

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I have been talking him up on Bigfoot because our old mate Big mart said he's only had an okay season. He is on 2 in the fantasy footy scores this season only behind Armo. There seems to be an over looking of him this year because of Bruce and Armo have such break outs. He has been an incredibly consistent performer and provides so much of our drive.

sendmehomehappy
Club Player

May well be the world's best foot-surfer with those.

" If thought corrupts language then language can also corrupt thought."

Politics and the English Language George Orwell
loris
Saintsational Legend

I took notice of the size of his footy boots yesterday (admittedly only watched on the telly)........... and yes he had rather large sized boots for such a smallish player. Infact he looked a bit like bozo the clown with his boots! Maybe it explains the funny walking and running gait Steven has.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:I took notice of the size of his footy boots yesterday (admittedly only watched on the telly)........... and yes he had rather large sized boots for such a smallish player. Infact he looked a bit like bozo the clown with his boots! Maybe it explains the funny walking and running gait Steven has.

I think you will find his foot is a pretty normal size. He is taller than me and has a smaller foot than me. I do have a pretty large foot though.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
loris wrote:I took notice of the size of his footy boots yesterday (admittedly only watched on the telly)........... and yes he had rather large sized boots for such a smallish player. Infact he looked a bit like bozo the clown with his boots! Maybe it explains the funny walking and running gait Steven has.

I think you will find his foot is a pretty normal size. He is taller than me and has a smaller foot than me. I do have a pretty large foot though.
You know what they say about big feet!

plugger66 wrote:

Well if you want to claim the title of "Bozo the Clown" P.66. Who am I to argue with you :P :P :P :P

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well if you want to claim the title of "Bozo the Clown" P.66. Who am I to argue with you :P :P :P :P

Plenty on here who give me the experience needed to claim that award.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

8856brother wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Big socks! :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:
8856brother wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Big socks! :)

Large toenails.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Maybe we've finally found the abominable snowman.

Harves Man
Club Player

Ever since Jack Steven started playing piano with his toes, you could just tell he was going to be something special.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, his feet are really that big .

U twits
Lol

Megamaguire
Club Player

J A C K D U D E

I didn't realise Jack Steven had produced such great numbers for kicking and tackling. I tend to look to him for dashing sprints and carving up the park with our players joining in to our advantage and often into attack.
Once the ball is in Jack's hands and he is up & away the adrenalin goes up a notch.
Very appreciative of both Jack & Armo.

Armo has produced a mountain of solid work so far in 2015. Really showing the way forward.
2 good uns we can rely on while the team continues to build and improve.

G O S A I N T S :D

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.