Channel 7 commentary

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Channel 7 commentary

Absolute mental midgets.

The verbal ejaculation about Eddie Betts was as bad, if not worse, than Bruce and Cyril.

Sickening.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: Channel 7 commentary

Think they also forgot both sides were down to 20 men. Would have annoyed me if I was a crows fan.

Saintsational Legend

Garbage

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Kernal75
Club Player

Basil Zemplas is the worlds biggest flog. Eddie gave Dempster the stick all day. Dempster was poor today

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

For those who didn't know that Tom Lynch used to play for St Kilda, it would have been a handy fact to produce. They never mentioned it once. I suspect they didn't know.

The amount of time they get the players wrong is amazing for guys who are paid to do this. Templeton kicked the ball a mile in the air at one stage. They would have had time to go and buy a footy record and look it up. But after a long pause they referred to him as Steven.

And they very rarely disagree with each other. When Newnes got the 50m for the first goal one of them suggested it was a bit soft and then they all had to agree with him. But I reckon if you take a mark uncontested and start going back to take your kick when an opponent crashes in to you and knocks the ball out of your hand, that's 50m. Apparently the Crows player was "marginally" late.

And their directing is not much better. Two of the more interesting incidents of the game were never replayed. Roberton punched someone in the guts. No replay. 50m to Steven under controversial circumstances with Schneider interfering with the throw back to him. No replay.

I know it's better for the team when we're on Channel 7 but they do a horrible job.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
4ever_saint
Club Player

What annoyed me most was the Eddie Betts-bias commentary. Bruce was just as damaging down the other end and yet they were ready to Knight Eddie (an actual quote from Hamish) and barely mentioned Bruce at all.

15 disposals, 12 marks, 4 tackles, 5 goals (Bruce) vs 17 disposals, 6 marks, 5 tackles, 6 goals (Betts). Not much in that.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Tim Watson , the special comments man said nothing in special comments on the Saints.

Which is why I now turn off Sen when he comes on the breakfast show.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I assume you have to pass a dumbness test to get a gig at 7 sport. Foxtel s***s over them

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I watched it on Fox Sports, and Tim was there as well.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Could of been Dwayne....

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I watched it on Fox Sports, and Tim was there as well.
Taking the Ch 7 video feed and just adding their in between csst

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I assume you have to pass a dumbness test to get a gig at 7 sport. Foxtel s***s over them
The most annoying thing about foxtel is that they have too many replays which cut into the play such a centre bounces and boundary throw-ins. I don't give a rat's toss-bag about other teams but when we are playing that's all I see (or don't see - as the case may be). You have no idea who got the tap or clearance most of the time with those clowns.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
mullet
Saintsational Legend

4ever_saint wrote:What annoyed me most was the Eddie Betts-bias commentary. Bruce was just as damaging down the other end and yet they were ready to Knight Eddie (an actual quote from Hamish) and barely mentioned Bruce at all.

15 disposals, 12 marks, 4 tackles, 5 goals (Bruce) vs 17 disposals, 6 marks, 5 tackles, 6 goals (Betts). Not much in that.
Actually Bruce beat him in afl fantasy points. But hey 6.2 is an awesome result (bet carlton would love him right now). He deserved the accolades today, I just
cant stand when the commentators cream themselves over Cyril just for running on the ground.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
4ever_saint wrote:What annoyed me most was the Eddie Betts-bias commentary. Bruce was just as damaging down the other end and yet they were ready to Knight Eddie (an actual quote from Hamish) and barely mentioned Bruce at all.

Actually Bruce beat him in afl fantasy points. But hey 6.2 is an awesome result (bet carlton would love him right now). He deserved the accolades today, I just
cant stand when the commentators cream themselves over Cyril just for running on the ground.
Carlton would take Templeton they are going that badly!

jamesmc
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
mullet wrote:

Why is it ok for you to slam Templeton, but if anything is said about Roo you tear up?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

commentary is always better when we win.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
mullet wrote:

Why is it ok for you to slam Templeton, but if anything is said about Roo you tear up?
280 games and 6 b&f's AA's, longest seviving captain. Stop sooking.

8856brother wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
mullet wrote:

So you only back a winner?
Can't believe you came back with this as an answer.
Until you prove yourself your nothing to me.

#gosaintas
Club Player

8856brother wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
mullet wrote:

Nobody is slamming his past
His future is the concern. Time to walk away I reckon

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote: Time to walk away I reckon
Perhaps you could lead by example.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

They're all s*** these days...in case you didn't know, Fletcher's old. Because you might have forgotten the previous 20 times they said it.

Today set a world record for the amount of times the name Eddie has been called in 20 minutes. Oh they're looking for Eddie, but eddies on the bench but I bet they wish they could kick it to Eddie, it's in eddies pocket after all. Get back on the field Eddie.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
8856brother wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
mullet wrote:

So you only back a winner?
Can't believe you came back with this as an answer.
Until you prove yourself your nothing to me.
You and your buddy have certainly proven something today.

Saintsational Legend

Yeah but Josh Bruce is not indigenous.
Political correctness says that anything an indigenous does counts double.
So that makes Betts 34 disposals, 12 marks, 10 tackles, 12 GOALS.
Clearly betts on ground on those stats.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
8856brother wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
mullet wrote:

Nobody is slamming his past
His future is the concern. Time to walk away I reckon

2 very ordinary posters. Time for a rest. Rooy is getting slammed for getting knocked out. Amazing crap.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Could of been Dwayne....
Noooooooooo!