Saints Five Million dollars in debt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Playon
Club Player

Saints Five Million dollars in debt

Or more

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-04-2 ... in-funding

How can we afford this? Its just for a training oval isn't it?

Maybe we can ask for another 50 mill in a few years and start playing games there, worked for Geelong

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints Five Million dollars in debt

Playon wrote:Or more

Maybe we can ask for another 50 mill in a few years and start playing games there, worked for Geelong

Try 250 million. There will never be games there. I think the residents will make sure of that. Yep it will be only a training oval but it seems we have no choice becayse the club has decided Seaford isn't the way to go.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I think there will be requests for donations from supporters and benefactors.

Get ready for the blitz on helping to get us back to Moorabbin.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I'm curuious plugs,

how did you arrive at that number?

Playon
Club Player

Just put a fence around it, I'm happy to stand.
I don't really care where they train, so long as its in the south eastern suburbs.
But having to fork out 5 mill, thought we we're struggling and wasn't the government going to chip in more for the junction oval plan?
And to think we stopped playing there because we owed a couple of hundred grand
Last edited by Playon on Wed 29 Apr 2015 6:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:I'm curuious plugs,

how did you arrive at that number?

Complete guess but it doesn't matter. There is no way AFL games will be allowed to play there. Reckon the figure maybe close though.

Playon
Club Player

Hey where's our 105 million?

The Geelong Cats' home ground redevelopment has been granted an extra $5 million from the Victorian Government, in a bid to draw more AFL games to the city.

The redevelopment has cost more than $100 million so far and the club said it would cost about $150 million to complete.

The money will go towards planning and design for the two northern stands

continued at:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-28/5 ... de/5704144

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Or more

There needs to be an asterisk next to anyone's name that continues to suggest this stupid idea using Geelong as the reference point.

Do you realise Geelong is a city outside of Melbourne, while St Kilda and surrounding suburbs are in Me.... stop that's enough. Not going to explain it.

And to P66 point - not sure what $50 will buy...

Playon
Club Player

Your point is right up there with "so what"

saint-stu
Club Player

About $165 per member would cover it. I'm happy to contribute but pretty disappointed they will lose a large grandstand and the fans will be left to stand for VFL matches.

You can make out in the brief glimpse of the plan that some kind of admin building would go where the grandstand is.
http://www.saints.com.au/video/2014-03- ... -moorabbin

1ac46a38
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I assume all donations to the Saints Foundation are tax deductible.

The in thing is to have a 1000 club, whereby you donate a grand, get a certificate, maybe your name on a brick in the new building and perhaps a cocktail party/thank you event of some description.

I assume there will be something like that rolled out.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
FQF
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:I assume all donations to the Saints Foundation are tax deductible.

The in thing is to have a 1000 club, whereby you donate a grand, get a certificate, maybe your name on a brick in the new building and perhaps a cocktail party/thank you event of some description.

I assume there will be something like that rolled out.
You would think that if supporters were offered to option of giving a tax deductible donation of +$1000 that included various perks (that would essentially cost the club little eg. better seats, free additional tickets to home matches, VIP access) they would raise a fair bit. There could be premium donation ($1k), silver, gold etc. with more perks as you go up.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

$2000 and guaranteed seat at St Kilda's next GF.

noob
Club Player

Get Lindsay Fox to bail us out again and call it the fox oval.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:Get Lindsay Fox to bail us out again and call it the fox oval.
I'm sure he will donate as will a few others with the cash.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Look at this as a positive - one of the main problems with Seaford has been none of us feel any kind of ownership or connection with the place.

The return to Moorabbin can be about every one of us Saints devotees making a contribution, no matter how small or big, on the return of the Saints to Moorabbin.

Yes the club, the Kingston Council , and the State Government can cough up the big bikkies, but it has to be us supporters who also have to contribute to the return to Moorabbin.

Playon
Club Player

Well the amount has certainly jumped since Feb this year, looking at the council's website
http://www.kingston.vic.gov.au/Your-Cou ... architects

Also they're spending more than two and a half times the amount of what they spent on Seaford. It should be "some" facility when finished.
In comparison the Bombers spent 26.5 mill
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essendon-b ... 2xr7c.html
I would hope we end up with something like that.

I don't imagine some of the players will like it though as Moorabbin has even less coffee shops than Seaford.
Maybe some of the money is going towards a coffee shop.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Hi all,
Wish the Saints well in this debt issue.

In terms of the Saints Coterie Club/Cashed-up Powerbrokers, who have the Saints got (besides L Fox?)

As someone else said, Geelong is outside Melb and a different kettle of fish, if any Govt Dept gave the Western Bulldogs $50 Mill, then I’d be aggrieved.

The AFL need a third stadium in Melb, and to be honest, Princes Park is the closest and cheapest to fix back to AFL standard.

Also, it’s well located on Royal Parade, close to the City and a tram line (s). In saying that, I know that Linton Street is much loved, even by non Saints fans!

Looking back, I don’t think this ‘ground rationalisation’ policy worked for the AFL, it seems to be a defacto way to monitor the gate of each clubm by putting everyone at electronic, centralised venues.

Speaking as a non-Sainter, I was always surprised at how quickly Butters went. He was in Property, can he help? Is his help wanted?

Thanks.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Well the amount has certainly jumped since Feb this year, looking at the council's website
http://www.kingston.vic.gov.au/Your-Cou ... architects

Also they're spending more than two and a half times the amount of what they spent on Seaford. It should be "some" facility when finished.
In comparison the Bombers spent 26.5 mill
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/essendon-b ... 2xr7c.html
I would hope we end up with something like that.

I don't imagine some of the players will like it though as Moorabbin has even less coffee shops than Seaford.
Maybe some of the money is going towards a coffee shop.
Maybe they can get one of those coffee vans to park there on training days. Should be a bit cheaper than building a coffee shop.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:Hi all,

In terms of the Saints Coterie Club/Cashed-up Powerbrokers, who have the Saints got (besides L Fox?)

As someone else said, Geelong is outside Melb and a different kettle of fish, if any Govt Dept gave the Western Bulldogs $50 Mill, then I’d be aggrieved.

The AFL need a third stadium in Melb, and to be honest, Princes Park is the closest and cheapest to fix back to AFL standard.

Also, it’s well located on Royal Parade, close to the City and a tram line (s). In saying that, I know that Linton Street is much loved, even by non Saints fans!

Looking back, I don’t think this ‘ground rationalisation’ policy worked for the AFL, it seems to be a defacto way to monitor the gate of each clubm by putting everyone at electronic, centralised venues.

Speaking as a non-Sainter, I was always surprised at how quickly Butters went. He was in Property, can he help? Is his help wanted?

Thanks.

Pretty sure Butters doesn't really have much money. As for Fox being the only one with money well that's a good start but I would think there would be many more. As for the ground rationalisation being to monitor the gate well that's another hilarious conspiracy. Could be one of your best.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vote for the ALP in both State and Federal elections if you live in that area. Turn Bentleigh/Hotham/Goldstein and all Moorabbin based seats into marginal seats so that the pollies splash more cash...then go back to voting for the Libs

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Vote for the ALP in both State and Federal elections if you live in that area. Turn Bentleigh/Hotham/Goldstein and all Moorabbin based seats into marginal seats so that the pollies splash more cash...then go back to voting for the Libs

Bentleigh is one of the most marginal seats in Victoria and is Labor now. I certainly wont be charging my voting based on the Saints and they wont be getting a cent from me about the move. I will leave that to others.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The club has a negative net worth of almost $1 million and is technically insolvent.

I'm not sure but apart from moving back to its roots, it might be a reason why they are trying to off load Linen House.

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2015/04 ... oney-wars/

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:The club has a negative net worth of almost $1 million and is technically insolvent.

I'm not sure but apart from moving back to its roots, it might be a reason why they are trying to off load Linen House.

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2015/04 ... oney-wars/

Im not sure we are getting any money for that place. matter of fact I don't think we get a cent.

IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
IanRush wrote:Hi all,

Thanks.

Pretty sure Butters doesn't really have much money. As for Fox being the only one with money well that's a good start but I would think there would be many more. As for the ground rationalisation being to monitor the gate well that's another hilarious conspiracy. Could be one of your best.
Kick, insult and scream all you like, I will NOT be silenced.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.