Whisper going around about the Umps Friday.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Whisper going around about the Umps Friday.

Heard from a reliable source that when they paid the non mark to Elliot Friday night a few of the SAINTS players ripped into the umpires about because it was Collingwood you paid that. One player telling the ump does EDDIE pay you to get them over the line.

The next quarter Collingwood received 13 frees to 1 and the game was basically over. Im tipping there is truth to this.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Whisper going around about the Umps Friday.

Hey mate, when a team gets done by 12 goals it ain't the umpire's fault.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Hey mate, when a team gets done by 12 goals it ain't the umpire's fault.
Please find were I said we lost due to umpires.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

It definitely wasn't a mark. He had let go of the ball as he was falling. It was as much a mark as Ablett's was against the pies 20 years ago when he won mark of the year (about all he did was touch the ball)

Saying that, would hope the players wouldn't be as childish to say that to umpy's. Call it a crowd mark for sure, but 'Does Eddie pay you to get them over the line'?? I'd expect to hear that from some knob in the outer.

spert
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
spert wrote:Hey mate, when a team gets done by 12 goals it ain't the umpire's fault.
You're blaming the umpires for swinging the game against us. If what you are saying has any truth, then the Saints players should have been so charged up that they would have put up a better show instead of folding.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
CURLY wrote:
You're blaming the umpires for swinging the game against us. If what you are saying has any truth, then the Saints players should have been so charged up that they would have put up a better show instead of folding.

Id suggest they were charged up but for the next half hour the umpires handed Collingwood everything while giving us nothing. Very hard to win when every second forward entry to the other team is gifted to them.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Should have kept their traps shut then.

Should have learn by now the umpires are a law unto themselves and have incredibly fragile egos.

Not surprised these little men would seek vengeance in such a typically spiteful way.

You are garbage - Enough said
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

Here : "The next quarter Collingwood received 13 frees to 1 and the game was basically over."

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Here : "The next quarter Collingwood received 13 frees to 1 and the game was basically over."
Yes it was basically over not lost though. Ive seen one sided umpiring but this was as bad as Margetts for West Coast or even the Milne free on Harry O a couple of years back.

Saints43
Club Player

One player telling the ump does EDDIE pay you to get them over the line..
Loser talk. If true.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
st.byron wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Yes it was basically over not lost though. Ive seen one sided umpiring but this was as bad as Margetts for West Coast or even the Milne free on Harry O a couple of years back.

Nice semantic dodge Curly. Have you ever given any consideration to the possibility that you're a teensy little bit one eyed?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
CURLY wrote:
st.byron wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Nice semantic dodge Curly. Have you ever given any consideration to the possibility that you're a teensy little bit one eyed?
I am one eyed but can still see clearly that Friday was disgraceful. Sunday was the same against Geelong.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
I am one eyed but can still see clearly............

LOL. One of your best yet.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
CURLY wrote:
I am one eyed but can still see clearly............

LOL. One of your best yet.
I am one eyed I support my team but know enough to know when we are being shafted and when we are simply not good enough. Friday was a situation of being reamed by lopsided interpatations of very simple rules.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Heard from a reliable source that when they paid the non mark to Elliot Friday night a few of the SAINTS players ripped into the umpires about because it was Collingwood you paid that. One player telling the ump does EDDIE pay you to get them over the line.

The next quarter Collingwood received 13 frees to 1 and the game was basically over. Im tipping there is truth to this.

I hope that a player wouldn't be childish enough to say that. Sounds like something you would hear in under 11's. Im tipping there is no truth to that rumour.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Was Leigh Fisher there?

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
SaintWodonga
Club Player

I was at the match, the Maggies deserved to win. But the umpiring was terrible. We should win every 2nd game in umpiring. But we seem to win around 5 - 10% of umpiring in recent years. If the umpiring was the other way around on Friday night, the crowd would have killed the umps. A delegation needs to meet the umps director, enough is enough.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
spert
Saintsational Legend

I thought we got a very good go from the umps in the GC match, so we shouldn't complain too much.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Heard from a reliable source that when they paid the non mark to Elliot Friday night a few of the SAINTS players ripped into the umpires about because it was Collingwood you paid that. One player telling the ump does EDDIE pay you to get them over the line.

I hope that a player wouldn't be childish enough to say that. Sounds like something you would hear in under 11's. Im tipping there is no truth to that rumour.
Same.

But if a player was childish enough to say that, then I would certainly hope the umpire wouldn't be childish enough to allow the childish comment to affect his decision making for the rest of the game. That would be very childish indeed.

The requirement for two separate bouts of childishness from two different grown men should ensure the rumour is indeed without basis.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I thought we got a very good go from the umps in the GC match, so we shouldn't complain too much.

We've been in the negative every week but yes the umpires were far more even against GC. The GWS game and Friday night was ridiculous.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Can say what he likes it shouldnt effect how a game is umpired but by the looks of it it did.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Can say what he likes it shouldnt effect how a game is umpired but by the looks of it it did.

He can but I don't think players are that childish to say it. By the way where did you get those stats of the frees in the second quarter?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He can but I don't think players are that childish to say it. By the way where did you get those stats of the frees in the second quarter?

Quoted on Fox Footy then Triple M spoke about it Saturday. We got our first free in the 2nd with a minute to go on the back flank after they received 13. Pendlbury had 6 and we only had 6 as a team before we got that free to make 7.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Quoted on Fox Footy then Triple M spoke about it Saturday. We got our first free in the 2nd with a minute to go on the back flank after they received 13. Pendlbury had 6 and we only had 6 as a team before we got that free to make 7.

Leigh Fisher must be a shocking bloke then to favour the pies instead of no one.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Leigh Fisher must be a shocking bloke then to favour the pies instead of no one.

Aren't their three of the little egotists running about?

You are garbage - Enough said