Tommy Lee

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint wagga
Club Player

Tommy Lee

Whats happening wih Tommy, is he a look in for rd 1 anyone in the know? Sounds like he's had a good pre season, why is he not in the mix??

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Re: Tommy Lee

Doesn't get the football basically.
Is pretty much a full time on field encourager and instruction giver.
Looking like a big bust is Lee.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Doesn't get the football basically.
Is pretty much a full time on field encourager and instruction giver.
Looking like a big bust is Lee.

Are you talking about Pamela Lee Anderson?

Saints43
Club Player

Pathetic.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:Pathetic.
Who? Saints43 or Lee?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Classy people.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Gotta say I was very disappointed with him at the NAB game against Lions.

He didn't look strong in the air, and he wasn't that mobile on the ground. I suppose it was very early season praccy match, but I'd think he's got a lot of work to do to make it as a regular 1st grade player.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Stephen Theodore wrote:Gotta say I was very disappointed with him in the NAB game against Lions.

He didn't look strong in the air, and he wasn't that mobile on the ground. I suppose it was very early season praccy match, but I'd think he's got a lot of work to do to make it as a regular 1st grade player.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:Gotta say I was very disappointed with him at the NAB game against Lions.

He took a pretty hard hit to the shoulder in the first quarter and never looked right after that. I didn't think he looked worse than the other forwards particularly either, they just didn't get it down enough. He needs to get some confidence up and playing VFL isn't helping him . He needs a number of games to get some rhythm up.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I hope he stays injury free for the year. At least then we'll get a fair idea of what he's got to offer. If he doesn't put his hand up for selection then he'd in a fair bit of trouble.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:Gotta say I was very disappointed with him at the NAB game against Lions.

He took a pretty hard hit to the shoulder in the first quarter and never looked right after that. I didn't think he looked worse than the other forwards particularly either, they just didn't get it down enough. He needs to get some confidence up and playing VFL isn't helping him . He needs a number of games to get some rhythm up.

But if he cant perform in the VFL then why should he get the chance in the AFL. You seem to be his biggest fan but even you must be worried about him.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

But if he cant perform in the VFL then why should he get the chance in the AFL. You seem to be his biggest fan but even you must be worried about him.

I'm not confident he will get a run at it but he can play and is worth the effort. Members isn't doing any better but seems to be given a lot more time with out VFL time.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

I'm not confident he will get a run at it but he can play and is worth the effort. Members isn't doing any better but seems to be given a lot more time with out VFL time.
One is 24 and should be ready. The other isn't even 21 yet. neither will probably make it but may as well go with the younger guy.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I hope Lee takes a big step up but hoping never made Fiora a good player for me.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

One is 24 and should be ready. The other isn't even 21 yet. neither will probably make it but may as well go with the younger guy.

Why not go for the more advanced or the one closer to the footy graveyard and and see if its worth persisting with him. It's a waste to have him in the club and not try him out. I know of at least one guy who is on the fringe of the senior list who feels he isn't getting a fair chance at playing. I would think guys like Simpkin and Siposs are probably feeling the same as they are really just treading water with out much hope of playing when not injured. I was told by a relative of this player. Anyway I think some guys are deliberately left out because they came under Watters.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

I have said it before I hope they try him at CHB if he doesnt make it as a forward....

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Sorry..
Last edited by WinnersOnly on Thu 26 Mar 2015 11:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

F.....n samsung crap.
Last edited by WinnersOnly on Thu 26 Mar 2015 11:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

I have said it before I hope they try him at CHB if he doesnt make it as a forward....

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

And you'll probably say it again :wink:
Last edited by Dr Spaceman on Thu 26 Mar 2015 8:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:And you'll probably say it again

Very good

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Why not go for the more advanced or the one closer to the footy graveyard and and see if its worth persisting with him. It's a waste to have him in the club and not try him out. I know of at least one guy who is on the fringe of the senior list who feels he isn't getting a fair chance at playing. I would think guys like Simpkin and Siposs are probably feeling the same as they are really just treading water with out much hope of playing when not injured. I was told by a relative of this player. Anyway I think some guys are deliberately left out because they came under Watters.
I cant think of one player who has been treated unfairly by AR. No one should play because they are older. Form should be the reason and then if the same go with the younger guy. Siposs has been injured so I cant see how he could play and Simpkin just hasn't quite done enough when selected.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:Whats happening wih Tommy, is he a look in for rd 1 anyone in the know? Sounds like he's had a good pre season, why is he not in the mix??
Lee seems to be in a head to head battle for the fwd/relief ruck role with Bruce. Bruce must be ahead in the selection stakes because he's playing seniors and Lee is in the VFL. Bruce has seemed the more hard working, aggressive in the preseason. It was worrying to read in the VFL coaches review saying that Lee was making position but couldn't make them stick. He's pretty slow too Lee and we can't let backlines run the ball out with ease or else they will cut us up all year.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Still weird Tommy Lee got a two year contract.

Clearly hes under pressure to perform. I think just leave him at full fwd at vfl and see if he can find some form.
Playing him as ruck seems like a waste of time for everyone.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:And you'll probably say it again :wink:
Let Richo know will you Spacman! Lee to CHB...