Jeremy Cameron

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jeremy Cameron

Dave will need to get another hobby horse about who we are getting in the PSD after Cameron signed a 5 year deal. Looks like the JO will get even a bigger workout.

falka
Club Player

Re: Jeremy Cameron

Suppose that's another reason why we took Paddy Mac right there.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

opposition forum ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Good for the Giants, good for the AFL that Cameron is staying put until 2020.

The Giants have lost enough players for now, i'm thinking they should only churn their list cloggers at the end of 2015.
However, the coach may decide the balance of the list is still wrong then who knows what will happen to their list.

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:opposition forum ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Angry angry man. Go and get some rest. You obviously need it.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I thought you said that you never posted in threads started by people on your for list?

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

falka wrote:Suppose that's another reason why we took Paddy Mac right there.
And the reason we would be tempted if another big power forward is available this year or next if we have no. 1 pick. They are just so hard to pass up because they are hard to get and hard to fit into your salary cap if you poach them. You wonder if Buddys huge $'s destroyed a bit of the fanatical sense of team orientation at the Swans. You can get good mids at pick 3 - 10 but often not the big men. Might depend on what White and Lee show this year. Imagine McCartin and a Cameron type leading our attack for the next 10 years :shock: Lock it in Eddy!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

This is terrible news for Sydney.

Gil, how did you let this happen?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
wally
Club Player

GWS probably thought that,Cameron with Patton and or Boyd,Patton ACL and Boyd gone.
Well thought out plans can turn to crap pretty quick.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Contracts mean nothing these days..

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Apparently bulldogs registered their interest what ever that means.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:Dave will need to get another hobby horse about who we are getting in the PSD after Cameron signed a 5 year deal. Looks like the JO will get even a bigger workout.
All's well Pluggs.

What with Tommy Lee's new shoulders, and Paddy exceeding expectations, a heartbroken Jerry just had to be told that we've moved on from that relationship. :wink:

(Besides, it's all part of the cunning plan to max-out even the Wogan's ridiculous salary cap, so there'll still be some rich pickings to come on down, and enjoy that funky St Kilda lifestyle over the next few of years. 8-) )

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Dave will need to get another hobby horse about who we are getting in the PSD after Cameron signed a 5 year deal. Looks like the JO will get even a bigger workout.
All's well Pluggs.

What with Tommy Lee's new shoulders, and Paddy exceeding expectations, a heartbroken Jerry just had to be told that we've moved on from that relationship. :wink:

(Besides, it's all part of the cunning plan to max-out even the Wogan's ridiculous salary cap, so there'll still be some rich pickings to come on down, and enjoy that funky St Kilda lifestyle over the next few of years. 8-) )

So in others words you got it completely wrong. I am wrong many times dave but try not to sugar coat it.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
All's well Pluggs.

So in others words you got it completely wrong. I am wrong many times dave but try not to sugar coat it.
Or the kid had a change of heart. But don't let that stop you.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
All's well Pluggs.

Or the kid had a change of heart. But don't let that stop you.

He had 17 other clubs to go to so even if he left we were most unlikely. Read Daves posts on the subject. We had him signed. Not one person in the media had him coming to us. I don't see the point of getting the hopes of some fools on here thinking Dave had some inside knowledge. In defence most people on here are smart enough just to ignore Daves ideas. Having said that I still think we have more chance of getting Cameron next season than ever playing a game at the JO.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Actually I believe Dave was on the money. There were some discussions, and I think the change of heart to picking up McCartin in the draft and switching our free agent attention elsewhere came about because of the bulldogs taking Boyd off GWS. I guess we figured that would make it much more difficult (and expensive) to land Cameron. I believe we are now focusing our free agent efforts on a midfielder from a different team.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
I thought you said that you never posted in threads started by people on your for list?

don't as a general rule...but when a post is so obviously in the wrong forum, ......but hey maybe i as wrong....and

didn'tknow cameron was a saints player.. :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:Actually I believe Dave was on the money. There were some discussions, and I think the change of heart to picking up McCartin in the draft and switching our free agent attention elsewhere came about because of the bulldogs taking Boyd off GWS. I guess we figured that would make it much more difficult (and expensive) to land Cameron. I believe we are now focusing our free agent efforts on a midfielder from a different team.

Cameron wasn't a FA though anyway. Lets be honest here even getting McCartin wouldn't have stopped us wanting Cameron.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
dragit wrote:

don't as a general rule...but when a post is so obviously in the wrong forum, ......but hey maybe i as wrong....and

didn'tknow cameron was a saints player.. :roll:

Stinger my good mate, there was a thread on us trying to get Cameron and now there is a thread saying we aren't getting him. It is relevant. So yes it seems you are wrong.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

True Believer wrote:Actually I believe Dave was on the money. There were some discussions, and I think the change of heart to picking up McCartin in the draft and switching our free agent attention elsewhere came about because of the bulldogs taking Boyd off GWS. I guess we figured that would make it much more difficult (and expensive) to land Cameron. I believe we are now focusing our free agent efforts on a midfielder from a different team.

That's the story I have heard as well, but hey P66 needs to stroke his ego apparently at the expense of others.

Dave was on the money at the time, Bulldogs pay incredibly dumb overs for a 9 game "potential" star (because their captain and Brownlow medallist bailed on a sinking club whose coach then resigned).

This galvanised our strategy regarding Paddy McCartin and our gaze for FA shifted elsewhere (midfielders).

Situations change, and the Cameron strategy was off the table once we selected McCartin.

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

That's the story I have heard as well, but hey P66 needs to stroke his ego apparently at the expense of others.

Dave was on the money at the time, Bulldogs pay incredibly dumb overs for a 9 game "potential" star (because their captain and Brownlow medallist bailed on a sinking club whose coach then resigned).

This galvanised our strategy regarding Paddy McCartin and our gaze for FA shifted elsewhere (midfielders).

Situations change, and the Cameron strategy was off the table once we selected McCartin.
Strange that you say you are a changed man when you changed your nic like some sort of sook and as soon as you comment on my post you take the personal route. You haven't changed at all BM, just changed you nic like a sook. Common sense says we had little hope of getting him and in the end we didn't. You guys can say you heard things but in the end we can say anything we like but the final result is we didn't get him. By looking at the way you post BM it is obvious you need 2 nics. One when you get out of bed on the left and one when you get out of bed on the right because it seems you post in good and bad moods quite often.

And where is the ego having an opinion anyway BM. Didn't say I heard this or that or had inside info. It was just common sense IMO that we had little hope of getting him.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Stinger, this is saints related...

Even if you look at the perspective of the young guns that could potentially be nabbed as a result of them giving him so much.

I'm not sure Jezza was gettable, quiet country kid who'd have loathed the big smoke.

If anyone should of gone harder, it's freo, the anonymity and cash there could of been made very attractive.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I suspect we were keen on him, like 17 other teams, however our interest would've dropped seeing what it took to get Boyd to the Dogs. Grab McCartin, who doesn't look as talented as Cameron or Boyd, however still projects to be a top 5-10 key forward in the comp type and comes 900k PA cheaper in the short term. Then we invest in FA at the right time. A far better strategy.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Strange that you say you are a changed man when you changed your nic like some sort of sook and as soon as you comment on my post you take the personal route.
Wasn't me who started a thread to deliberately try to humiliate another poster. You just don't like being called out on it.

Glass jaw P66, you start a thread and then get all personal.
plugger66 wrote: You haven't changed at all BM, just changed you nic like a sook.
Has this anything to do with Cameron or you just attacking posters because they called you on the purpose of this thread?

As I said glass jaw.
plugger66 wrote: Common sense says we had little hope of getting him and in the end we didn't.
Common sense suggested that the Bulldogs wouldn't pay 9 mill for a 9 game player either.
plugger66 wrote:You guys can say you heard things but in the end we can say anything we like but the final result is we didn't get him.
Geez you get upset at other posters when you haven't been in the loop at the Saints. You have attacked Ton74 before and other posters.

Really strange and a bit childish.

plugger66 wrote: By looking at the way you post BM it is obvious you need 2 nics. One when you get out of bed on the left and one when you get out of bed on the right because it seems you post in good and bad moods quite often.
Oh look more personal attacks.

my critic of the purpose of this thread must have been pretty close to the mark the way you have reacted. Touched a nerve
plugger66 wrote:And where is the ego having an opinion anyway BM. Didn't say I heard this or that or had inside info. It was just common sense IMO that we had little hope of getting him.
The ego is starting a thread to try and belittle someone who has obviously got some info that you didn't.

Transparent and obvious. You have form when someone guzumps you with a bit of knowledge about the club. For some reason you believe you are the font of all inside knowledge and woe betide anyone who knows something you don't about the club.

Anyway apparently you know little on the Cameron situation and what was happening at the club, it is just a little sad your reaction to others that did.

You are garbage - Enough said
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Think we dodged a bullet if you ask me.

Doesn't look overly fit :shock: