Finally we can get excited

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Finally we can get excited

Yes the football season is over, now comes the trade and draft period, the time of the year at the moment when we can actually get a little excited over our prospects.
Let's hope we have a great month and a half.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Finally we can get excited

3rd generation saint wrote:Yes the football season is over, now comes the trade and draft period, the time of the year at the moment when we can actually get a little excited over our prospects.
Yes, i love this time of year, then i hate it if we F*** it up.. :shock:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
sasaint
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:Yes the football season is over, now comes the trade and draft period, the time of the year at the moment when we can actually get a little excited over our prospects.
Didn't last year.

Patience young grasshopper
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

sasaint wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
Didn't last year.
Think the last three years have been ok, with last year certainly the best for ages. 2011 was ok, 2012 tried to add some numbers, but was ok, and last year our best for a long time. 2-3 more years of canny trading/drafting and we'll be back in business.

falka
Club Player

Verdun66 wrote:
sasaint wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
Didn't last year.
Think the last three years have been ok, with last year certainly the best for ages. 2011 was ok, 2012 tried to add some numbers, but was ok, and last year our best for a long time. 2-3 more years of canny trading/drafting and we'll be back in business.
Or stuff it up and we will be out of business! Go SAinters, lets get it right

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

That next Ablett called Will Langford was taken with late in the rookie draft in 2011 as a NSW scholarship selection.
Sounds like no one wanted him.
Will we in the near future recruit low with the success the mighty Hawks have?

Poopa was also a lower pick, along with many others.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
supersaints
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:That next Ablett called Will Langford was taken with late in the rookie draft in 2011 as a NSW scholarship selection.

Will was nor really in the normal AFL system
Quoted from the Age
"When Will Langford was 16, he knocked back a football scholarship to live in France for three months as an exchange student. When he was 17, he decided to play rugby instead of Australian Rules. By the time he turned 18 he couldn't do very much at all, bound to bed and sleeping 20 hours a day before he was diagnosed with a form of chronic fatigue syndrome. He is the son of one of the Hawthorn greats, who grew up in Sydney and joined his father's club not as a father-son draftee, but as a much more anonymous NSW scholarship player."

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:That next Ablett called Will Langford was taken with late in the rookie draft in 2011 as a NSW scholarship selection.

Will was nor really in the normal AFL system
Quoted from the Age
"When Will Langford was 16, he knocked back a football scholarship to live in France for three months as an exchange student. When he was 17, he decided to play rugby instead of Australian Rules. By the time he turned 18 he couldn't do very much at all, bound to bed and sleeping 20 hours a day before he was diagnosed with a form of chronic fatigue syndrome. He is the son of one of the Hawthorn greats, who grew up in Sydney and joined his father's club not as a father-son draftee, but as a much more anonymous NSW scholarship player."
Just shows how clever the Hawks are. They also took Spanner who was a misfit at other clubs and gave him a medal and gave us an offer too good to refuse for Big Boy.

How much of the past 2 flags are Pelicans doing and how much their new dude?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

And yet Langford said in his interview he had dreamed of playing with the hawks for as long as he could remember.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:And yet Langford said in his interview he had dreamed of playing with the hawks for as long as he could remember.

Im sure he did but he would have played for anyone. He is a star. Tough and fast. Looks a bit ungainly but can play.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh yeah he looks real clumsy and awkward
not!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:oh yeah he looks real clumsy and awkward
not!

For a man who claims to have me on ignore you really do struggle. Why do you lie about that? Sad. By the way I went to the footy with a Hawks fan who goes every week and he also said similar but I suppose he only sees him play all the time. What a weird person. Ignore. Apparently its easy for the soft people.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i do have you on ignore
but every now and then when im in the mood ill read your posts
like this morning
because i could just imagine the comments of complete disagreement with everyone the morning after a GF
and thats always fun to watch and laugh at

so go call someone else a liar
but youd want to make sure you get it right first

and also try proof reading your posts before you hit submit (i believe the preview button could work wonders for your inability)
you then might be able to clean them up so posters could understand what you are saying

no worries, glad i could help

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:i do have you on ignore
like this morning
because i could just imagine the comments of complete disagreement with everyone the morning after a GF

and also try proof reading your posts before you hit submit (i believe the preview button could work wonders for your inability)
you then might be able to clean them up so posters could understand what you are saying

Reading posts of a person on ignore. Very weird. And BJ wont go guaranteed man, what posts did I disagree with everyone this morning. I said Tippett played well last night BEFORE anyone else even said he didnt. Should I then be weak minded like people who read others posts when they say they wont and say yep you are right, he didn't play well because others think that. No I should stick to what I actually think. Its funny that you are happy to accuse me of not having an opinion but when I do have an opinion you accuse me of having that opinion just to disagree with others. You do realise how silly that is, don't you?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
like this morning

Reading posts of a person on ignore. Very weird. And BJ wont go guaranteed man, what posts did I disagree with everyone this morning. I said Tippett played well last night BEFORE anyone else even said he didnt. Should I then be weak minded like people who read others posts when they say they wont and say yep you are right, he didn't play well because others think that. No I should stick to what I actually think. Its funny that you are happy to accuse me of not having an opinion but when I do have an opinion you accuse me of having that opinion just to disagree with others. You do realise how silly that is, don't you?

Not weird at all P66.... I use the 'sometimes ignore' function too. In fact I have everyone on 'sometimes ignore'. When I'm on SS i turn the function off and when I'm not on SS the function kicks in!

Let's me read the posts of people (everyone) I have on ignore when I'm in the mood. And ignore when I'm not.

Happy days! :mrgreen:

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

like this morning

All of a sudden someone is a liar if they take someone off ignore. Matrix gives you an honest explanation and you can't respect that. Funny that some people have nfi.

Hey p66 and spinner;
It's quite easy to read someone's post if you have them on ignore.

Plugger66 tells us he doesn't put anone on ignore so I'll explain it you - You just click their username - which still shows up on each thread.

When I have the energy AND the inclination to be confrontational AND the TIME...I also take some people off ignore. I particularly like replying to those who constantly sledge and troll so that I can argue against the crock of excrement that they post

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
like this morning

All of a sudden someone is a liar if they take someone off ignore. Matrix gives you an honest explanation and you can't respect that. Funny that some people have nfi.

Hey p66 and spinner;
It's quite easy to read someone's post if you have them on ignore.

Plugger66 tells us he doesn't put anone on ignore so I'll explain it you - You just click their username - which still shows up on each thread.

When I have the energy AND the inclination to be confrontational AND the TIME...I also take some people off ignore. I particularly like replying to those who constantly sledge and troll so that I can argue against the crock of excrement that they post

Very sad that you could be bothered. Extremely sad but reading some of your posts, its obvious that you are a real sad sack. Again you come across a nice person. Luckily you have a cousin.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

"Very sad that you could be bothered" says the troll to me!!!!
Thanks for being so predictable and this last post of yours is just the sort of justification we need to hang as much sh!t on you that you deserve. Hypocrite

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:"Very sad that you could be bothered" says the troll to me!!!!
Thanks for being so predictable and this last post of yours is just the sort of justification we need to hang as much sh!t on you that you deserve. Hypocrite

Makes sense. You have a go at me for no reason at all because the previous post had nothing to do with you and then call me a troll. Seriously no wonder you like your cousin. Did you fail plasticine at school because its obvious you failed common sense. Hang s*** on me? On a anonymous fan forum. Yep that is real upsetting. How did you feel about your cousin saying in 2011 that the Saints overachieved under RL? That's the problem with posting on here over a period of time. There is proof that people have hindsight hate of a certain coach.

andrewg
Club Player

Are we still excited?

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

andrewg wrote:Are we still excited?
What was this thread about? You'll have to remind me.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

It was about looking forward to the trade and draft period where we might enjoy some very good success.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

3rd generation saint wrote:It was about looking forward to the trade and draft period where we might enjoy some very good success.
Get us three more kids like Billings, Dunstan and Acres and another established player like Savage and I think we'll have done well. Probably need to get lucky with some sliders going through to the rookie draft too. Could be the next 200 game Saints right there!

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:It was about looking forward to the trade and draft period where we might enjoy some very good success.
Get us three more kids like Billings, Dunstan and Acres and another established player like Savage and I think we'll have done well. Probably need to get lucky with some sliders going through to the rookie draft too. Could be the next 200 game Saints right there!
Not sure we have another "Ben" to trade this year.

We can swap pick 1, but that also means giving up quality. still Say 1 for 4 plus a quality player from the GWS is probably a pretty good result given that some have little to split the top 4 draft picks at present.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

sasaint wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
Didn't last year.

well first time for many years.. but....i can still remember sitting in front of the pc and tellie when we overlooked rioli...gutted i was...still am....but i bet cyril is eternally grateful....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.