Saints homeward bound!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

The JO is the home of Cricket Victoria, specifically set up for CV, with administrative HQ, community facilities and state of the art indoor and outdoor training facilities....The government has just spent a bomb there.

But in spite of all that, in spite of CV finally having a stand alone home it doesn’t have to share with the AFL (i.e MCG) it remains highly likely that all parties to that agreement will see that it would be better for it be the Saints’ home ground. You know it’s going to happen.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

st.byron wrote: Fri 28 Sep 2018 2:55pm The JO is the home of Cricket Victoria, specifically set up for CV, with administrative HQ, community facilities and state of the art indoor and outdoor training facilities....The government has just spent a bomb there.

But in spite of all that, in spite of CV finally having a stand alone home it doesn’t have to share with the AFL (i.e MCG) it remains highly likely that all parties to that agreement will see that it would be better for it be the Saints’ home ground. You know it’s going to happen.
But how does any of the above get adversely affected if the complex is shared with the mighty Saintas? I go past every second Friday arvo'. Haven't noticed any cricket being played out there. (Something to do with the winter weather in Melbs', maybe...? :idea: )

And strangely, despite the footy season now being over, and the cricket season well underway, Victoria's just concluded Shield match... was at the MCG... :?

Back to what is/isn't affected by sharing the venue. What has been adversely affected... that spending 'bomb' is $15 million less that what would have been spent if the Saints were there too. Great work Cricket Vic morons! :roll: Your complete lack of appreciation/comprehension of the benefits of mutual synergies has cost the great game of cricket $$$. :evil:

Meanwhile, whilst everyone (well some people anyway) is getting all excited about a new building in the nuovo Housing Commission architectural style (yuck!), hidden away somewhere in the irrelevance of some outer suburban back street...
Effendope is about to pay off its $10 million dollar drug debt,
and I hear (I think a whisper, actually :wink: ) that the 21st century's cellar-dweller basket case, aka, Carlscum, has somehow still managed to clear its $10 million rorter's debt. :shock: (Maybe that Carlton crew laundered money is flowing again???)

Clearing $10 million debts seem to be the 'in thing' at the moment in the AFL... oh, wait on... :(

evertonfc wrote:(If we had our own ground and identity I would feel completely different about this...)
Plugger666 (remember her?) wrote:
The Fireman wrote:the JO is the GO
+3
Otiman wrote:Time to bring back smaller, cheaper to run, better for the fans stadiums. You only have to look as far as Geelong to see it happen. Even Carlton has something that's usable. I don't think public transport options around Moorabbin are good enough, but grounds like Junction Oval could be built to house sub 20k games.
(Dave's edit: JO has shown it can hold crowds over 20K.)
Dr Spaceman wrote:"... clearly the AP is the GO! the "Alpaca Paddock", next to the present site of the St Kilda Bowling Club near the St Kilda railway station..."

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Dave does the JO have a covered stand
If so what's the capacity?

Seeya
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

build it, they will come.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 8:15am build it, they will come.
Well it won't be built so they won't even get a chance to come.

More chance of Eddie McGuire taking a dump on a Collingwood jumper than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

More chance of Billy Longer racking up a 60 posession, 8 goal, 3 Brownlow votes game than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

More chance a light rail from Mentone to Werribee being built across Port Phillip Bay than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

More chance of John Farnham actually retiring than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

More chance of Daryl Braithwaite not singing Horses at a gig than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

More chance of Sarah Hanson-Young and Pauline Hanson doing a lesbian centrefold in Penthouse than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

More chance of Dave voting Liberal Party than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

I'm 1,000,000% positive IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

However I'm 1,000,001% positive DAVE WILL NEVER STOP POSTING THAT IT WILL HAPPEN :roll:

Saint 58
Club Player

It should happen for the good and long term future of our insignificant club
But I don't think it will happen

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Dr Spaceman wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 10:57am

More chance of Eddie McGuire taking a dump on a Collingwood jumper than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

More chance of Billy Longer racking up a 60 posession, 8 goal, 3 Brownlow votes game than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

More chance a light rail from Mentone to Werribee being built across Port Phillip Bay than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

More chance of John Farnham actually retiring than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

More chance of Daryl Braithwaite not singing Horses at a gig than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

More chance of Sarah Hanson-Young and Pauline Hanson doing a lesbian centrefold in Penthouse than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

More chance of Dave voting Liberal Party than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

However I'm 1,000,001% positive DAVE WILL NEVER STOP POSTING THAT IT WILL HAPPEN :roll:
So Doc, we only need one of the above to happen, right? (I mean, forget 60 possessions, I wouldn't want to rely on Billy getting 6 possies'. :lol: )

Cool.

Well, (along with at least two others) I have stated publicly on here (and amongst Mates :wink: ) that'd I'd sell my soul and vote for the Victorian Tea Party... to get us to JO.

evertonfc wrote:(If we had our own ground and identity I would feel completely different about this...)
Plugger666 (remember her?) wrote:
The Fireman wrote:the JO is the GO
+3
Otiman wrote:Time to bring back smaller, cheaper to run, better for the fans stadiums. You only have to look as far as Geelong to see it happen. Even Carlton has something that's usable. I don't think public transport options around Moorabbin are good enough, but grounds like Junction Oval could be built to house sub 20k games.
(Dave's edit: JO has shown it can hold crowds over 20K.)
Dr Spaceman wrote:"... clearly the AP is the GO! the "Alpaca Paddock", next to the present site of the St Kilda Bowling Club near the St Kilda railway station..."

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 10:57am

so we are in with a chance. Finally someone is being positive about the club saving move.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saints homeward bound!!

More chance of Dave admitting that hipsters are the true and rightful owners of his suburb than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

The JO is a NO NO

asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol

:)

i'd have to agree Fireperson
... in with a chance

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saints homeward bound!!

Dave McNamara wrote: Well, (along with at least two others) I have stated publicly on here (and amongst Mates :wink: ) that'd I'd sell my soul and vote for the Victorian Tea Party... to get us to JO.
But that time has passed Dave. Didn't happen. Voting for Libs in a couple of weeks time? Nah, didn't think so.

Anyway let's swap that one for this one:

Time to forget this nonsense and learn to chill Dave. Go meet one of these hipster fellas and get over your ugly hipsterphobia. They're lovely chaps and will happily make you a delicious latte despite your often stated bigoted views about their race.

Just chill and think lovely thoughts of RSEA Park ImageImageImage

The JO is a NO NO

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saints homeward bound!!

Dave McNamara wrote: Well, (along with at least two others) I have stated publicly on here (and amongst Mates :wink: ) that'd I'd sell my soul and vote for the Victorian Tea Party... to get us to JO.
But that time has passed Dave. Didn't happen. Voting for Libs in a couple of weeks time? Nah, didn't think so.

Anyway let's swap that one for this one:

More chance of Dave moving to the USA and voting for Trump than the Saints ever again playing at the Junction Oval (or anywhere in St Kilda)

Time to forget this nonsense and learn to chill Dave. Go meet one of these hipster fellas and get over your ugly hipsterphobia. They're lovely chaps and will happily make you a delicious latte despite your often stated bigoted views about their race.

Just chill and think lovely thoughts of RSEA Park ImageImageImage

The JO is a NO NO

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

So Dr - RSEA park is your preferred option (well RSEA park this month who knows what it will be called in the future)
And yes I'm being lazy but what do you hate about Stkilda ?
Forget about liberal supported or not why do prefer a development at moorabbin over our name sake suburb?

Seeya
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The JO is a GO GO

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:So Dr - RSEA park is your preferred option (well RSEA park this month who knows what it will be called in the future)
And yes I'm being lazy but what do you hate about Stkilda ?
Forget about liberal supported or not why do prefer a development at moorabbin over our name sake suburb?
I would prefer St Kilda but it simply cannot and will not happen.

If you disagree then please tell me how it will happen (Dave conveniently leaves this bit out)

Where will it be? How will it be paid for etc etc

I only prefer Moorabbin because it's real.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:The JO is a GO GO
The JO is a NO GO - a big NO NO

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 5:35pm
when we get there you are not invited Mr negativity :)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I used to go to the old JO with my dad in the 50s and 60s. It was a dump.

Thankfully, we will never return there. We were merely renters in a property owned and controlled by a cricket club who regularly and royally screwed us over.

Hence our move to Morabbin which became our true home.
Last edited by saynta on Tue 06 Nov 2018 5:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 5:35pm
when we get there you are not invited Mr negativity :)
Will it be BYO?

Your own food, drink, seat, oval, grandstand...?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 5:54pm

Will it be BYO?

how many seats / grandstands are at ARSE oval?
Last edited by sunsaint on Tue 06 Nov 2018 6:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

:oops: I meant RSEA oval (autocorrect)

Seeya
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 5:54pm

Will it be BYO?

how many seats / grandstands are at ARSE oval?
Doesn't matter. We're not playing AFL games there; never will.

Dave wants to go to the JO and make it in to the Saints version of Kardinia Park. It just won't happen.

The JO has already gone to Cricket Victoria; we're not part of it. Even as a training venue it won't happen. But Dave wants more. He wants to build the ground we don't even have into a venue that he will then fill with overseas backpackers and earn us millions each year.

So once again tell me how JO happens because quite frankly it can't, no matter how much we might like the idea of it.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

I reckon Dave s actually Dr Who. Trouble is his Tardis is jammed on 1964 and he cannot rationalize what has happened in the past 54 years.

Worse, he's forgotten what a crap venue JO was and why Saints left there n the first place. Always was and always will be a cricket ground.

Saint supporter since '62
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

been down to Stkilda lately Trev? and dont you think all grounds back in "1964" were pretty crappy (it was why we left Linton St in the 80s)
Stkilda - Its pretty swanky now
with good public transport options

yeah yeah I get the move is highly unlikely
but to say its impossible is ridiculous - the govt built a F1 race track for 1 day of racing!

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Tue 06 Nov 2018 6:26pm
Doesn't matter. We're not playing AFL games there; never will.
be playing womens games at linton st???

Seeya