Richo's post- match video

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Richo's post- match video

I don't know about anyone else, but I detected a change in tone from the Coach in his members video this evening. When he spoke about "blokes wanting to fight for their footy club" I reckon there'll be some hard calls made in the coming weeks. The video certainly (IMHO) was a departure from the " disappointing , but some positives" type of report, and I detected a real hint of steel in the tone of his report.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Richo's post- match video

Where's the link

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I detected a change in tone from the Coach in his members video this evening. When he spoke about "blokes wanting to fight for their footy club" I reckon there'll be some hard calls made in the coming weeks. The video certainly (IMHO) was a departure from the " disappointing , but some positives" type of report, and I detected a real hint of steel in the tone of his report.
he looked pissed today... even more pissed than the Geelong debacle.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Where's the link? It's in your members email!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I thought you meant the press conference

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

This is the press conference
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... s/st-kilda
You've got to feel for the guy. You can see he's seething.

spert
Saintsational Legend

AR is not getting his message through to the players, pretty simple. When there is a lack of desire and motivation across a team, then they are not playing for the coach. Thank goodness Roo and one or two others at least showed some competitiveness.

lewdogs
Club Player

Very stern words from Richo. This weeks outs will tell a story, I suspect some of them may never come back in.

This is a good thing by the way, if effort is a problem then we need to weed out those that aren't giving enough.

Looking at the stats, I wonder if Montagna may be looked at. 13 disposals and 1 tackle, pretty weak. Didn't see the game though as I'm overseas so can't exactly comment.

Who do we think he's talking about?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Try this

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:AR is not getting his message through to the players, pretty simple. When there is a lack of desire and motivation across a team, then they are not playing for the coach. Thank goodness Roo and one or two others at least showed some competitiveness.
Exactly. It's up to the prez and CEO to let AR know this work out solutions re respect.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
oldie60
Club Player

You'd have to say that the players have not really bought into what it is they keep saying they have bought into. I have stated on some of my other posts effort,commitment, passion, the will to push yourself to the limits are self controlled.You could also question the ability of the coach to be a motivator. I believe he's passed the being pissed stage because he must feel betrayed as for all the work and effort he puts in he may start to question do most of these guys really want to be here and do they deserve to be here. I think the words over payed,overrated and spoilt may be the cause.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

spert wrote:AR is not getting his message through to the players, pretty simple. When there is a lack of desire and motivation across a team, then they are not playing for the coach. Thank goodness Roo and one or two others at least showed some competitiveness.
Whilst the coach should be of some influence, there are other factors at play. Getting towelled up every week cannot be good for a player's confidence. Only the mentally strong get through such times. How Roo continually runs himself to a standstill given the piss-poor delivery he gets astounds me. He must be the most mentally strong player in the AFL.

Don't know if the implied threat in Richo's message of a hard week on the training track is the answer. A good group session with a sports psychologist would be better.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
oldie60
Club Player

Good point raised Grumpy.We have to question the mental strength of the current group.Is this something that can be worked on or is it just in the make up of the individual? I suppose its hard to determine.As they say "football is really played between the ears".You begin to wonder what they get out of those pre-season camps where they get pushed mentally and physically.

Legendary
Club Player

It took Ross the Boss half a season for his message to get through... and that was with a star studded list... 2 years if you judge it by executing his plan properly...

Disappointing when you can have 10 shots in a quarter and then such an abysmal second half. Young kids will be inconsistent, but not that inconsistent.

oldie60
Club Player

I know we are pretty ordinary at the moment and difficult to put a gauge on performance but even when we do show something i have difficulty working out what if any is our game plan because nothing seems different. This has been previously raised some months ago about what is our game plan or style.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

oldie60 wrote:I know we are pretty ordinary at the moment and difficult to put a gauge on performance but even when we do show something i have difficulty working out what if any is our game plan because nothing seems different. This has been previously raised some months ago about what is our game plan or style.
Kick it to Roo.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Kick it to Rhys may have been a better option!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I thought an interesting thing he said in the post game presser was that Carlton scored 16.1 from turn-overs :shock:

You can try as hard as you like, but if you kick the ball to your opponents consistently… well, you get beaten by 85 points by an average side.

oldie60
Club Player

We should create a new stat, counter turn over.I'd be interested to see in general play what are the stats for turn overs and how many times we got the ball back from a pressure act.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

thats the only thing that killed us
turnovers
if you take two thirds of those away its a totally diff ball game imo

i had to walk out the room at least a doz times yesterday

Saint wagga
Club Player

PLayers mentioned as having a future with regards to another preseason...in no particular order...
Billings, Dunstan, Acres, Templeton
Newnes, Ross, Saunders, Webster

Others mentioned as positives...
White, Bruce, Happy with Wellers game ( I wasn't, thought, he was crap, dispoasal and descison making were terrible, at least 3 turnovers standout, but he wasn't alone), Longer, Hickey as possibly playing them together at some stage this season. Again seemed Rhys got a pass mark and his rucking was mentioned. I thought Rhys looks good in the ruck, would like to see him spend more time there as both Hickey and Longer develop there around the ground work.

I took that as rated. Did I miss anyone.

Andreous
Club Player

Do we assume that all others (with the exception of Roo) are on thin ice??

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

dragit wrote:I thought an interesting thing he said in the post game presser was that Carlton scored 16.1 from turn-overs :shock:

You can try as hard as you like, but if you kick the ball to your opponents consistently… well, you get beaten by 85 points by an average side.
I.ve got it.... i can solve all our issues

All we have to do now is aim our kicks at our opponents and we will hit our players 80%+ of the time.... AR if your ready get this into training asap. :D

Fortius Quo Fidelius
oldie60
Club Player

Based on what Richo's and the club's expectations are you would have to think so.Players with longer deals are probably just safe but anyone else who's deemed to be not up to scratch could pretty much forget about playing AFL in the short term.

felix
Club Player

I liked how Richo wants us to get "nasty "in terms of fighting for the ball . Ie give your all don't turn over the ball and if you do make sure you do what it takes to get it back ?