Nick going Nowhere- Up yours lloydy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Nick going Nowhere- Up yours lloydy

Matthew Lolyd suggested last night Nick should chase a premiership-- I really wanted one of the rest of the panel to ask him if he would have done that

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-24/f ... g-riewoldt
The 31-year-old said he went through that process at the end of last season, when Collingwood made a bold bid to sign the four-time All Australian, and moving now was not a consideration.

He is contracted to St Kilda until the end of the 2015 season.
"In my situation I would say to what end would I be leaving the Saints for?" Riewoldt told Sportsday Radio on Tuesday night.

"Obviously we all play footy for premierships and I have played in a team that was really, really close and we’re clearly a way off at the moment.

"But the only reason you would leave is if you had that guarantee and it's just too hard to find in footy.

"What I would lose out on and the heartache it would cause me to leave St Kilda - a club that I love and have given my everything for - it's really not on my radar."

sub question: when he mentions heartache on leaving; are a couple of ex teammates regretting their decisions.- neither teams are flying

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nick going Nowhere- Up yours lloydy

I was wondering why no one had mentioned anything on SS last night when I saw it and then I thought, if Lloyd said it, then who gives a continental?? The guy is a turkey.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

He was looking at Roo but he was talking about another Nick. He's cross eyed.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

if you've got nuttin to say then don't say it. Especially if you're thick.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I despise this concept of "leaving for a flag"… I'm talking to you Brian Lake…

Paid mega-bucks by a poor side for a decade and then only going half-paced when they were out of contention… Jumps ship for some faux-glory, suddenly lose weight and start trying again - Get f'd.

Imagine if this happened regularly? All the good players leaving the teams that are outside of the top 8 to join top 4 sides.

I can understand leaving for a huge pay rise as this career is very short, but this glory-hunting is just pathetic.

FQF
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:I despise this concept of "leaving for a flag"… I'm talking to you Brian Lake…

Paid mega-bucks by a poor side for a decade and then only going half-paced when they were out of contention… Jumps ship for some faux-glory, suddenly lose weight and start trying again - Get f'd.

Imagine if this happened regularly? All the good players leaving the teams that are outside of the top 8 to join top 4 sides.

I can understand leaving for a huge pay rise as this career is very short, but this glory-hunting is just pathetic.
I agree, I'm not sure why the footballing public finds leaving for a flag more palatable than leaving for money. Money is an essential commodity whereas flags are simply not. It is egotism at it's worst.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I despise this concept of "leaving for a flag"… I'm talking to you Brian Lake…

Goddard, Dal Santo.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

Goddard, Dal Santo.
Goddard went for more money/longer contract… and they were both probably tipped out by the club.
I don't hold a grudge over these two.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Unlike Lloyd's ex teammates who don't have choices left.

Suck it up princesses, your team is up manure Creek without a GPS, mobile, satellite or any other coverage!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cant see anything wrong with what Lloyd said. Its a business. At least Lloyd isnt talking about something he actually did. I never see a problem with anyone leaving a club for any reason they choose.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Goddard, Dal Santo.
Goddard went for more money/longer contract… and they were both probably tipped out by the club.
Yeah I don't think many supporters will hold a grudge, TBH though I wasn't very happy with Goddard's dropping his intensity and performance after 2010 and then Dal Santo's in 2012. I will always wonder if we were still a shot in 2011...we still had some capable and decent players...maybe a free agency player or two could have helped if it was available back then...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I keep trying to say about goddards hip, but nobody seems to listen.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I keep trying to say about goddards hip, but nobody seems to listen.

Because he says it had little to do with his ordinary form in those seasons.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
dragit wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Goddard, Dal Santo.
Yeah I don't think many supporters will hold a grudge, TBH though I wasn't very happy with Goddard's dropping his intensity and performance after 2010 and then Dal Santo's in 2012. I will always wonder if we were still a shot in 2011...we still had some capable and decent players...maybe a free agency player or two could have helped if it was available back then...

We were menatlly done. Nothing was going to help us.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:I keep trying to say about goddards hip, but nobody seems to listen.

I think it did, he look hampered, not disinterested.

A lot of people on here said our medical staff said he was shot.

He clearly wasn't...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He clearly wasn't...

Wouldnt take much notice of what people say on here. We all seem to make it up so what i will say next is up to you to believe me. I played golf with BJ about 9 months ago as he is a member a the same club as I am. Actually dont think he is a member anymore but still occasionally plays there. Dont really know BJ much at all apart from a Gday but over 4 and half hours a golf you get to chat about many things. I brought up his form in 10 and 11 because ive always thought many players struggled after the 10 GF. He said he didnt think that was the case when he was playing but in hindsight he couldnt think of any other reason he struggled so maybe it did effect him more than he thought. he never mentioned the injury as a reason but he could have just not been wanting to making an excuse even though he sort of did with the mental side of things after the GF.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He clearly wasn't...

Wouldnt take much notice of what people say on here. We all seem to make it up so what i will say next is up to you to believe me. I played golf with BJ about 9 months ago as he is a member a the same club as I am. Actually dont think he is a member anymore but still occasionally plays there. Dont really know BJ much at all apart from a Gday but over 4 and half hours a golf you get to chat about many things. I brought up his form in 10 and 11 because ive always thought many players struggled after the 10 GF. He said he didnt think that was the case when he was playing but in hindsight he couldnt think of any other reason he struggled so maybe it did effect him more than he thought. he never mentioned the injury as a reason but he could have just not been wanting to making an excuse even though he sort of did with the mental side of things after the GF.
In the dressing rooms after GF2 he stated quite openly (and emotionally) that the team had lost all chance of winning a flag, understandably it was very raw and emotional in the hours directly after the loss and hindsight tells us he probably played accordingly in 2011. He might have had a hip complaint but it was probably a lot harder to motivate himself to overcome any injury he might have had if his state of mind wasn't what it was in previous years and also without the belief that the team could win the flag. Absolute legend of player and gave some wonderful memories.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Makes no sense.

He is in career best form, and his new team isn't likely to win a flag now.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Makes no sense.

He is in career best form, and his new team isn't likely to win a flag now.

What makes no sense? That in hindsight he said he was probably mentally effected by not winning the flag? Maybe he is lying.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
stinger
Saintsational Legend

nick is everything that lloyd is not.....including being a fine upstanding decent human being....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I'd forgotten how good BJ and Dal are until watching them recently. We could really do with some of their quality delivery. The frustration is compounded when you see how poor our foot skills are.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

for those that missed it- here is Lloydy trying to create the news
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8864917

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:

I agree, I'm not sure why the footballing public finds leaving for a flag more palatable than leaving for money. Money is an essential commodity whereas flags are simply not. It is egotism at it's worst.
A big AMEN to both of your comments.

Thank you. It's so refreshing to hear this in the day in age where it's all about the filthy lucre and the glory hungry players' precious little egos. So many AFL fans seem to have caved in and become cheese eating surrender monkeys to that BS today. Bless both of you, and your cotton socks.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

P.S. Eat a d*ck and chew batteries, Matthew Lloyd!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!