Finnis slams Little

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Finnis slams Little

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Finnis slams Little

Gee I hope we don't become a self righteous moral leader under Finnis. It's a big height to fall if you put yourself up on too a high pedestal...especially if you are St Kilda Football Club.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Finally someone who used the words "moral compass" something that has been missing from both the EFC and in some ways he AFL as well.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Finally someone who used the words "moral compass" something that has been missing from both the EFC and in some ways he AFL as well.
That's all good and well and each to their own but I just hope we don't become the morals crusader for the AFL just because we have Finnis onboard. It can set you up for a large fall...better to just keep quite on certain subjects and we should just keep well away from that one...IMO.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

He had his AFLPA hat on. Nothing to do with the StK FC.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:He had his AFLPA hat on. Nothing to do with the StK FC.
I reckon one Caro Wilson would find a way to create a convenient link next time one of our players has a slip up.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I hardly think he is being a moral crusader Cairnsman.
Hes just calling out LIttle for being a complete prick.

Little gets busted cheating and all he can say is "Oh we should have tried to cover it up more as maybe we would have got better leverage in negotiating our punishment'

Really? Not a word about his players. Apparently they are just tools and cattle.

Sorry but calling Little out on this isnt a 'moral crusade' or being on a high horse.

And so what if he's out spoken. DIdn't hurt Kennett, Maguire and Kochies side being outspoken.

Id rather we were leaders instead of followers. Make the players and staff proud of the place they work. Not ashamed.

I just cant believe this is being viewed as a negative.

We cant stay lurking and cowering in the shadows being a rabble and ashamed of ourselves for another three decades or you can forget winning a flag.

What would you prefer Cairnsman . Everyone who works at the club have an attitude of

" shhhhhhh - we are just a st kilda a lowly bunch of scums and we shouldnt upset the apple cart or upset anyone just in case we rape someone or burn a dwarf net week. wouldnt want to look silly would we."

Is that the mindset you want workers at the club to have? Cos if it is - were doomed to fail.

rant over :D :D
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Mon 19 May 2014 9:15am, edited 1 time in total.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Great to see we have a CEO that has balls because of his previous position. He's also got serious AFL cred and with Gilligan as new CEO there is some hope for our club.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I hardly think he is being a moral crusader Cairnsman.
Hes just calling out LIttle for being a complete prick.

Little gets busted cheating and all he can say is "Oh we should have tried to cover it up more as maybe we would have got better leverage in negotiating our punishment'

Really? Not a word about his players. Apparently they are just tools and cattle.

Sorry but calling Little out on this isnt a 'moral crusade' or being on a high horse.

And so what if he's out spoken. DIdn't hurt Kennett, Maguire and Kochies side being outspoken.

Id rather we were leaders instead of followers. Make the players and staff proud of the place they work. Not ashamed.

I just cant believe this is being viewed as a negative.

We cant stay lurking and cowering in the shadows being a rabble and ashamed of ourselves for another three decades or you can forget winning a flag.
Yeah fair enough Con but I think we need to be cautious about "rocks & glasshouses" and looking like one of those hypocritical self righteous born-again types.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Sorry I don't remember us doing too much that is even close to being in the same league as Essendon. We sacked Lovett after we paid a huge price for him, moved on Gram after his issues with the law, probably suggested Milne move on for the sake of everyone involved and dealt with a stupid mad monday prank. I forgot we had some crazy period of outrageous experimental drug taking to cheat the competition. I must have been unaware we cheated the salary cap and hardly got sanctioned. Why not say something when they are obviously flouting the laws of the land and the competition? I would rather that than a bunch of soft pricks that don't say anything so we have credits in the bank for when we screw up.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Sorry I don't remember us doing too much that is even close to being in the same league as Essendon. We sacked Lovett after we paid a huge price for him, moved on Gram after his issues with the law, probably suggested Milne move on for the sake of everyone involved and dealt with a stupid mad monday prank. I forgot we had some crazy period of outrageous experimental drug taking to cheat the competition. I must have been unaware we cheated the salary cap and hardly got sanctioned. Why not say something when they are obviously flouting the laws of the land and the competition? I would rather that than a bunch of soft pricks that don't say anything so we have credits in the bank for when we screw up.

+1

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Well said gringo.

Also a big difference between acts of individual stupidity to club endorsed cheating.
E.g Carlton Adelaide and Essendon.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Well said gringo.

Also a big difference between acts of individual stupidity to club endorsed cheating.
Yeah all subjective I suppose, one mans rape case is another mans drug scandal.

GSG
Club Player

gringo wrote:Sorry I don't remember us doing too much that is even close to being in the same league as Essendon. We sacked Lovett after we paid a huge price for him, moved on Gram after his issues with the law, probably suggested Milne move on for the sake of everyone involved and dealt with a stupid mad monday prank. I forgot we had some crazy period of outrageous experimental drug taking to cheat the competition. I must have been unaware we cheated the salary cap and hardly got sanctioned. Why not say something when they are obviously flouting the laws of the land and the competition? I would rather that than a bunch of soft pricks that don't say anything so we have credits in the bank for when we screw up.
1+ and I'm glad we finally have a bit of a voice, somebody from St. Kilda speaking up.

Legendary
Club Player

Finnis can slam whoever he likes.

The more that Finnis gets talked about in the media, the more attention the Saints get.

Nice to have a CEO with a bit of profile who isn't afraid to attract criticism.

It's not like he is upsetting anyone at the Saints by sticking the boots into Essendon? :D

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:Finally someone who used the words "moral compass" something that has been missing from both the EFC and in some ways he AFL as well.
That's all good and well and each to their own but I just hope we don't become the morals crusader for the AFL just because we have Finnis onboard. It can set you up for a large fall...better to just keep quite on certain subjects and we should just keep well away from that one...IMO.
He's basically telling Essendon that you can't have it both ways ie you can't self report (and be self righteous) and expect to be let off the hook.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

Every club will get players who do dumb stuff.
But surely people can differentiate between players doing dumb stuff and institutional cheating by a club and its officials?
I'm not convinced it is subjective.

Anyway - I don't think we should be wimping out on slamming Essendon. Sink the boots in .

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Every club will get players who do dumb stuff.
But surely people can differentiate between players doing dumb stuff and institutional cheating by a club and its officials?
I'm not convinced it is subjective.

Anyway - I don't think we should be wimping out on slamming Essendon. Sink the boots in .
Slam away Con...but maybe re-read what you just posted and then give yourself an uppercut.